GrabHitch/RYDE-car pooling services

Carpools

GrabHearse...hahaha

New business idea for Radx.

Lol. GrabHearse confirm plus chop no sharing, and can take the back seat, can lie flat all the way somemore. Very comfortable like comfort limo taxi.

No need to say hi or talk to driver, great for some self entitled "walking dead" grabhitch rider rushing to hell. Haa

↡ Advertisement

Thatâs not the end of the story.

So I thought knn this kind of rider who will take. Then I see her ride record.....over 100 rides!

So there are actually drivers who will still take her.

I am ok with riders sitting behind but to specifically state no sharing and want to sit behind in capital letters is really taking it to a brand new low.

This type really tempted to accept her ride request then cancel it last min. Letâs say her ride request is 5pm then I cancel at 459pm....hahaha.

I will take if really in the way. I don't stack Anyway but I won't wait. Reach location, wait for 2-3 mins. Not around zhao first
  • Praise 2

So I thought knn this kind of rider who will take. Then I see her ride record.....over 100 rides!

I am ok with riders sitting behind but to specifically state no sharing and want to sit behind in capital letters is really taking it to a brand new low.

This type really tempted to accept her ride request then cancel it last min. Letâs say her ride request is 5pm then I cancel at 459pm....hahaha.

Wow, over 100 rides, meaning how much these unappreciated driver help her to save on transport cost. Yet, she treat them as if the drivers own her a living.

Normally I don't stack either, but I put in the sms for just in case and also want them to know that stacking is up the the private car driver.

As for taking the front seat. I think it's basic respect for the driver. If you look from outside the car, you look like a driver chauffeur a CEO, especially those who act like one, and treat a grabhitch driver like one. As if your car is a public transport vehicle or their own chauffeur car.

Even when I take taxi, I normally take the front seat, and chat with the taxi driver. Some of them was quite happy that I don't treat them as a public driver but as a fellow human being. Paying for service doesn't mean you can treat them lesser than a human. They earn a living and having a decent job, just as hitch rider themselves and hitch driver themselves who normally earn a living working for others too.

• Praise 2

This is exactly what happened! Today, I also encountered hitch rider last minute cancel on me after I pass an ERP Gantry and almost reaching.

They really treat Grabhitch driver like taxi driver. Many thinks that they are paying full commercial fare, and taking a public transport car with a public transport driver.

But in fact, grabhitch driver are everyday car owner who are giving them discounted rate to ride in their private car along the way. The least thing they can do is to appreciate that someone is willing to let them share their car and along the way.

GRABHITCH DRIVER ARE NOT COLLECTING FULL COMMERCIAL FARE!

DO HAVE SOME BASIC COURTESY WHEN TAKING ANOTHER PERSON'S PRIVATE CAR!

For us Grabhitch Driver, do continue to use the app to rate those "bad" grabhitch riders.

I think Grab could do more to educate these riders and we as hitch riders should do our part to share with them also.

Having said that, I still encountered quite a lot of good hitch riders who are friendly, well mannered and very appreciative. :)

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/grabhitch-passenger-doesnt-want-to-share-ride-scolds-driver-for-attitude-and-wants-to

Dex, who has been a GrabHitch driver for a couple of months, also told Stomp that he is no stranger to such encounters.

He added: "I feel that Grab should do more to educate GrabHitch riders stuff like having the basic courtesy to take the front seat if you are the first passenger onboard, giving yourself extra time allowance and not to question drivers about how many more passengers or tell drivers that you are expecting to reach at a certain time.

"We drivers are not obligated to fetch these riders. We are doing them a favour as they are going towards the same direction.

"If you're in a hurry or you don't want to share, take a normal GrabCar or get a cab."

I read your comment yesterday.. today I saw one request

' no sharing, direct trip, sit behind'

And to my horror, she has successfully taken 351 rides!

From where to where? And how much is the ride?

Probably those who took her really don't mind whether sit behind or infront.

Meaning she knows the loopholes or the high and low of GH drivers, some give in to her, some don't, By the way do thy brave the right to request this or that, I don't think thy should be entitled to any. How cheap can thy go, some sillyporean are so cheapo !!

Lack of basic courtesy is one thing, today I cancelled on one lady rider,  I have arrived at pick-up point, she got the cheek to tell me, " Give me 5 mins, I need to SMOKE." Bloody hell, straight away, i say bye  and cancelled on that ash-tray. LOL  [smash]

• Praise 1

Cant rem exact details but route from hougang to vivo about $12 - $13

I took one before.. strong smoker.. but was a nice chap who sat in front and we had a good convo all the way from AMK to Vivo

Did he smoke in your car?

[laugh]

Meaning she knows the loopholes or the high and low of GH drivers, some give in to her, some don't, By the way do thy brave the right to request this or that, I don't think thy should be entitled to any. How cheap can thy go, some sillyporean are so cheapo !!

Lack of basic courtesy is one thing, today I cancelled on one lady rider, I have arrived at pick-up point, she got the cheek to tell me, " Give me 5 mins, I need to SMOKE." Bloody hell, straight away, i say bye and cancelled on that ash-tray. LOL [smash]

Yeah just go. No need to chup especially if you need to be somewhere on time
  • Praise 2

Wow, over 100 rides, meaning how much these unappreciated driver help her to save on transport cost. Yet, she treat them as if the drivers own her a living.

Normally I don't stack either, but I put in the sms for just in case and also want them to know that stacking is up the the private car driver.

As for taking the front seat. I think it's basic respect for the driver. If you look from outside the car, you look like a driver chauffeur a CEO, especially those who act like one, and treat a grabhitch driver like one. As if your car is a public transport vehicle or their own chauffeur car.

Even when I take taxi, I normally take the front seat, and chat with the taxi driver. Some of them was quite happy that I don't treat them as a public driver but as a fellow human being. Paying for service doesn't mean you can treat them lesser than a human. They earn a living and having a decent job, just as hitch rider themselves and hitch driver themselves who normally earn a living working for others too.

Actually if i give out hitch i prefer the pax to sit in front

Because i got trust issue

My back seat got some valuables including my bag

And when i drive i cant see what the pax doing

Sit in front i can watch the pax

Not to dig nose [grin]

• Praise 2

Wah this note even more power...knn.
  • Praise 1

I think Grab should do something like Rydepool.

The hitch rider can put "per pax" or "per trip". Per pax is cheaper but need to share. Per trip is higher price and only the hitcher. This way, hitcher who want cheaper price knows that must share. And if don't want to share, paid higher price... And still bui siong, go book a Grabcar or rydeX.

And if still really really bui siong, book a limo taxi. Confirmed plus chop no sharing.... And driver might even help u open the door. Lol

• Praise 1

351 rides and with such demands? Well, it seems most hitch drivers these days are full time grab drivers and part time hitch drivers. True?
  • Praise 1

I tried it before to see how to it went.

In the end, I feel its just not worth the time and effort.

Exactly, grabhitch is the most cheapo ride among all the grabride. Sometimes is even cheaper than grabshare. We are being used by Grab and abused by rider.

Some more now grab take 10% cut. Lagi worse. Some more some hitcher thought that they are booking a commercial taxi. Talk among themselves and really treat Grabhitch Driver like invisible. If really like that, I rather they paid full fare and I will even open the door for them. Lol

Maybe grab should scrap this whole thing, let everyone take real commercial taxi or Grabcar.

No more cheapo ride. Pay full fare, no sharing and can take back seat.

Maybe then they will miss the grabhitch driver and regret trying to be atas while grabhitch driver sacrifice their time and effort to provide a cheaper alternative to expensive public transport in Singapore.

Grabhitch Driver just want to cover some petrol cost, that doesn't mean that the low fare covers their whole car up keeping. If really can cover whole car up keeping, i think grabcar fare and taxi fare wouldnt be so high in the first place.

Grabhitch rider don't own the trip with that low amount, the car is still own by the grabhitch driver and the owner owns the ride. Grabhitch rider only 'Hitch' on the way and car owner sets the rule. IT WASNT MEANT TO BE A COMMERICIAL CAR ALL ALONG!

Exactly, grabhitch is the most cheapo ride among all the grabride. Sometimes is even cheaper than grabshare. We are being used by Grab and abused by rider.

Some more now grab take 10% cut. Lagi worse. Some more some hitcher thought that they are booking a commercial taxi. Talk among themselves and really treat Grabhitch Driver like invisible. If really like that, I rather they paid full fare and I will even open the door for them. Lol

Maybe grab should scrap this whole thing, let everyone take real commercial taxi or Grabcar.

Maybe then they will miss the grabhitch driver and regret trying to be atas while grabhitch driver sacrifice their time and effort to provide a cheaper alternative to expensive public transport in Singapore.

Grabhitch Driver just want to cover some petrol cost, that doesn't mean that the low fare covers their whole car up keeping. If really can cover whole car up keeping, i think grabcar fare and taxi fare wouldnt be so high in the first place.

Grabhitch rider don't own the trip with that low amount, the car is still own by the grabhitch driver and the owner owns the ride. Grabhitch rider only 'Hitch' on the way and car owner sets the rule. IT WASNT MEANT TO BE A COMMERICIAL CAR ALL ALONG!

Chill lah... If cannot take it then stop lor. I can only say - there are good riders, there are good drivers. Vice versa for fark ones....
  • Praise 1

Actually if i give out hitch i prefer the pax to sit in front

Because i got trust issue

My back seat got some valuables including my bag

And when i drive i cant see what the pax doing

Sit in front i can watch the pax

Not to dig nose [grin]

I put my stuff in the boot if I decide to Hitch

Chill man, if you really cannot tahan then don't do lor

• Praise 1

I rather take sg men with collecting a cent than to fetch woman for money

I am not gay

Wow, that came out of nowhere...totally irrelevant. 

Yellow card!  :a-noway:

:XD:

↡ Advertisement