HID bulb in a Halogen Projector lens

hairywolf

Hi guys, coming from HID headlight and my next ride will be in Halogen. Been satisfying with HID and considering to replace stock to HID.

There's a debate of having HID bulb in Halogen Projector will cause nuisance to other road users, what's your tot...

↡ Advertisement

can share your new ride and ur previous ride?

most cars seem to come standard in stock HID currently.

Current ride is civic FD, HID reflecting type tho. Next is K3

Is Singapore that dark? If you travel to Msia in the night that will be good if it does not rain heavily. Always put your own and others safety first. I find HID to blinding to others road users.

Thought K3 has that super bright and irritating DRL? My CP has one, super irritating. And you want to add HID?

Current ride is civic FD, HID reflecting type tho. Next is K3

white and blue lights no use de especially in rain and foggy conditions.

Is Singapore that dark? If you travel to Msia in the night that will be good if it does not rain heavily. Always put your own and others safety first. I find HID to blinding to others road users.

Edited by Kangadrool

Yes, for the reason traveling in NSHW. I'm aware that some inconsiderate drivers install after market HID not having focus/level, blinding other road users. So im asking for opinion of using HID bulb in a Halogen Projector lenc in a safe way. If any.

Thought K3 has that super bright and irritating DRL? My CP has one, super irritating. And you want to add HID?

Ermm...Only K3's DRL irritates you? Many other makes do. Yes i do in a safe manner 

HID is safe and good for what it is designed for. Be it reflector or projector housing. eg, Forester XT and Civic FD like your current ride.

HID has superior lighting presence and premium look and slowly supersede by LED.

Btw, halogen projector housing is not the same as HID projector housing as the former does not have cutoff plate.

This is based on what I read. You can verify. 

I thought the earlier batch of K3 SX did come with HID. There is none now?

Yes, for the reason traveling in NSHW. I'm aware that some inconsiderate drivers install after market HID not having focus/level, blinding other road users. So im asking for opinion of using HID bulb in a Halogen Projector lenc in a safe way. If any.

Ermm...Only K3's DRL irritates you? Many other makes do. Yes i do in a safe manner 

Turbocharged

Projector lens can accept both halogen and HID. Many taxis on the road are projector lens but using halogen bulbs. 

HID is safe and good for what it is designed for. Be it reflector or projector housing. eg, Forester XT and Civic FD like your current ride.

HID has superior lighting presence and premium look and slowly supersede by LED.

Btw, halogen projector housing is not the same as HID projector housing as the former does not have cutoff plate.

This is based on what I read. You can verify. 

I thought the earlier batch of K3 SX did come with HID. There is none now?

Unfortunately the current batches come with Halogen

My original HID.. not bright one le.. Like halogen, no much difference. 

Is it!? You mean your K3's HID? Would like to see to what degree not bright leh, care to snap a pic to show if it's not too troublesome? thanks.

Turbocharged

Projector lens can accept both halogen and HID. Many taxis on the road are projector lens but using halogen bulbs. 

you mean the i40 teksis? i40 halogen headlamps are projectors also but they are different from the original bi-xenon headlamps that i40 can also come with. The bi-xenon option for i40 comes with adaptive function so the projector design is not the same.

Thanks Sopskysalat, i've got a better understanding now, so it's a no no to have a HID bulb in a Halogen Projector lens....damn

Ermm...maybe to change the entire HID assembly that the previous batches have had... :XD:

ya, this is your best bet imo, somehow source the HID assembly and install the whole thing. You should probably try to have the auto-levelling system as well.

Recommend you call dealer and ask them if they can install.

you mean the i40 teksis? i40 halogen headlamps are projectors also but they are different from the original bi-xenon headlamps that i40 can also come with. The bi-xenon option for i40 comes with adaptive function so the projector design is not the same.

ya, this is your best bet imo, somehow source the HID assembly and install the whole thing. You should probably try to have the auto-levelling system as well.

Recommend you call dealer and ask them if they can install.

Ya loh, this is what i can think of, but bro Dscheng said it's not bright like Halogen, sianz half liao

Asked SE liao, he said NO!...nbz...haha

Is it!? You mean your K3's HID? Would like to see to what degree not bright leh, care to snap a pic to show if it's not too troublesome? thanks.

Sorry, i don't drive K3. I mean my ride Stream. Hehe.

Turbocharged

Ya loh, this is what i can think of, but bro Dscheng said it's not bright like Halogen, sianz half liao

Asked SE liao, he said NO!...nbz...haha

I think I seen a few Cerato K3s around with the HID headlamps, but mostly in daytime so I cannot comment about the brightness... think I saw one at night, the brightness look acceptable to me, but a bit low-cast.

Cost more, but if you can install original HID set for compliance, nothing stopping you from replacing the original HID bulbs with some stronk ones.

Otherwise I say same thing I said to someone else before... install the HID in the halogen system, if somehow compatible... will still look genuine because from the outside the K3 xenon and halogen headlamps look almost the same [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement