I miss WRC

Duckduck

I stopped watching it shortly after they shifted from Group A to WRCars. I honestly believe that shift, though pushing technological boundaries, also distanced these cars from their relatives sitting in the showrooms. It took years (and two model changes) before Ford has finally put a AWD Focus RS on sale. The dominant teams and drivers are all European and their cars are for the most part excellent on the rally stages and sh!te in real life. 

Sure you could argue that there is Group N Production Cars - but neither the big names nor media coverage is there to sustain the interest. All in all, I hope they reboot the series so that major manufacturers would once again take the series seriously.

I stopped watching it shortly after they shifted from Group A to WRCars. I honestly believe that shift, though pushing technological boundaries, also distanced these cars from their relatives sitting in the showrooms. It took years (and two model changes) before Ford has finally put a AWD Focus RS on sale. The dominant teams and drivers are all European and their cars are for the most part excellent on the rally stages and sh!te in real life. 

Sure you could argue that there is Group N Production Cars - but neither the big names nor media coverage is there to sustain the interest. All in all, I hope they reboot the series so that major manufacturers would once again take the series seriously.

Toyota_Celica_GT-FOUR_02.jpg

Group A Celica GT4 made famous by carlos sainz

• Praise 2

Used to watch the weekly highlights last time.

Really great skill by the drivers. Much easier to appreciate vs someone who's driving a F1 car.

See them zooming around when they can hardly see shit lol.

Used to watch it. But after some time, find it boring. It is interesting only if I am the driver. WRC is about driver vs road condition.

Prefer watching driver vs driver racing like F1, Nascar, V8. Also they finish the race in 2-3hrs. WRC race take days to finish a race, got so many different stages.

Anyone watched Sebastien Loeb drove up Pikes Peak in this monster?

This guy is a legend for me!

This guy is modern legend. Folklore is Colin McRae, Tommi Makinen, Richard Burns, Carlos Sainz.

Maybe it's the race against time that makes it less interesting to watch. And like some of you mentioned the race lasts for days.

Before Sebastian Leob moved on to Dakar he did Rally Cross, still using his wrc Citroen but racing against other drivers on shorter part tarmac and part dirt circuits. A lot of big names like Ken Block, Tanner Fost & Petter Solberg in the sport too. There are lots of contacts between the cars and basically more fun to watch. Mostly driver skills and no need for navigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9O7ub40j-c

• Praise 1

i  miss Sega Rally, but ya, its really boring when there are no road going versions of racing cars. Last time so many legends which ppl can buy. Celica GT4, Delta Integrales, WRX/EVOs, etc etc

also allows ppl to connect more with the cars on the tracks. Same for LeMans last time, imo the last real "street car" running on LeMans was the Mac F1. After that, all went crazy. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Used to watch it. But after some time, find it boring. It is interesting only if I am the driver. WRC is about driver vs road condition.

Prefer watching driver vs driver racing like F1, Nascar, V8. Also they finish the race in 2-3hrs. WRC race take days to finish a race, got so many different stages.

Haha F1, Nascar is boring to me too.

Supercharged

I don't like F1. Too boring.  

I love MotoGP Grand Prix, the bike version.  More exciting coz u can see bikers thrown to the tarma after a crash and the cornerings are exciting

Haha F1, Nascar is boring to me too.

How about this, racing at 秋名山? I can imagine Otaku finishing behind me on the twisty bits :grin:

post-100773-0-49432500-1454309433_thumb.jpg

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

seriously Loeb is hella of a driver, makes Ken Block looks like an amateur

yeah his composure is incredible.

Personally i think him and Carlos sainz are the best WRC drivers to date.

How about this, racing at 秋名山? I can imagine Otaku finishing behind me on the twisty bits :grin:

attachicon.gifinitialD-Ae86trueno.jpg

yeah watching the anime is more fun than watching any motorsport lol.

• Praise 1

Toyota_Celica_GT-FOUR_02.jpg

Group A Celica GT4 made famous by carlos sainz

I had one in OZ some 10 years ago.

same white color without decals.

Missed it so much!

post-25667-0-12345000-1454342511_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-36309700-1454342522_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-29489600-1454342638_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-17079300-1454342787_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-01139300-1454342798_thumb.jpg

post-25667-0-22111800-1454342811_thumb.jpg