Lim Swee Say 50 and above is elderly

Kklim

"Lim Swee Say called for elderly aged 50 and above to take up more "life-ready" classes"

"As the Minister is not fluent in English, he spoke in a mixture of Chinese and English"

I wonder if he intends taking up any classes?

• Praise 2

When I first read , I thought I saw ..... " More likely this will become a reason to increase Sex ....... "

To them increase tax is better than sex ...

Some ppl once said. When Lim Swee Say opens his mouth and talk, u ppl better listen. [:p]

Thats true ... after he said heng ah im not msian .... rm droppes
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

https://www.facebook.com/STReview/posts/1685524248332426

Sometimes I think this guy's bonus is calculated on a 'per word of nonsense' basis.

his focus might have been to help PA, generate profits by asking more to take up their "don't know what for" courses. since he got no clue as to who should he actually promote the course to.. perhaps pluck a figure hoping the nets is wide enuff. [laugh]

• Praise 3

Nothing wrong with what he say about age 50 and above. Because so many in the 45 act as if they are very old in the work place anyway.

Whilst some workers in their 50's might be IT savvy or have job security or have upgraded ..... There are some or quite a lot whom have not and as I mentioned " disruptive technology " can change a lot of things around so suddenly ..... And when can't cope ..... Blame govt as usual or FW or FT .... It's a wake up call ..... Effects of globalization and many of our industrial companies have moved to Malaysia or even Batam too and even Vietnam/China
  • Praise 2

When "disruptive technologies" is mentioned, i guess one would have read "The innovator's dilemma" by Clayton Christensen.

Then suggest also reading WEF's top ten skills 

Not blaming the gahment, but do you see those skills in the potential leaders (especially after the first few parliamentary sittings)? 

Scholarly technocrats may tackle complex problem or exhibit critical thinking, but 
{ creativity, people management, ... emotional intelligence}? ehmmm....

Anyway, on another note, (relevant to future skills) a good article is NY times on raising a creative kid.

child prodigies rarely become adult geniuses who changed the world.

What holds them back is that they don't learn to be original.
They strive to earn the approval of their parents and the admiration of their teachers.
They conform to codified rules, rather than inventing their own.
Research suggests that the most creative children are the least likely to become the teacher's pet,
and in response, many learn to keep their original ideas to themselves.
Creativity may be hard to nurture, but it's easy to thwart.

• Praise 1

At 50, you are elderly but you cannot retire yet. You must work until 70. After that, you must sell tissue paper.

I sell a lot of tissue paper leh.. Tons of it. So quite happy
  • Praise 1

LSS forgot that at 50 to 62 still need to go to work and kiss bosses ass to bring food on the tabe and pay the simi tok kong EC upgrade ...

where got time to go CC to learn new skill and act atas

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

LSS forgot that at 50 to 62 still need to go to work and kiss bosses ass to bring food on the tabe and pay the simi tok kong EC upgrade ...

where got time to go CC to learn new skill and act atas

our ministers have big dreams ....... so big are their dreams ....... they just dream  :D

• Haha! 1

I thought I heard him say SAI is good for complexion and urine is better than 100 plus? Don't sue me..I heard from someone who heard from another one who said he saw from channel 9.

Full of nonsense la this million dollar man. Amazing he is a minister.

We all have NATIONAL Registration Identity Card.

'Teng Ki' got no discount at Polyclinics and some private clinics, no discount on public buses & MRT and no 5% rebates at NTUC and Giant .......... [furious]

↡ Advertisement