Teana repair/parts

Ahseng

But for 2.5l car, the yearly additional 10% road tax loading may be quite substantial. Haven't talk about the lost PARF value.

I did consider all these when I renewed for my 1.6l lao pok chia. Really need to calculate the dollars and cents,to convince yourself.

Edited by Optramagnum
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

But for 2.5l car, the yearly additional 10% road tax loading may be quite substantial. Haven't talk about the lost PARF value.

I did consider all these when I renewed for my 1.6l lao pok chia. Really need to calculate the dollars and cents,to convince yourself.

yeah, I forgot about this. In fifth year will be additional 50%  [sweatdrop]

Just gotten a year 2009 Teana. If all goes well, will be renewing COE, latest by Dec this year. Quite happy.

A few things need to do, if manage to find cheap sources. Otherwise will live with it for the time being as not critical, except for point 4.

1. Dashboard cracked surface (common for Teana, cosmetic only).

2. Right side mirror can't fold/unfold automatically.

3. Cleaning or replacement of leather car seat covers. Condition is not too bad actually.

4. Tyres have a lot of tread left but label shows 47/14. Looks like manufactured in week 47, year 2014? Then this one needs replacement immediately.

5. Fuel gauge light starts to flicker and small parts of speedometer looks dimmer than the rest.

6. Solar film and magnetic shade installation.

7. Headunit and cd changer are obsolete and without usb port. Wish to get a basic unit with usb port but must be able to fit into Teana. Previously was built-in. I think there is a dimension requirement.

8. Boot tray and tray type of floor mat. Rubber material.

If you have cheap-good sources, please do share. Many thanks.

Edited by Albeniz

Just gotten a year 2009 Teana. If all goes well, will be renewing COE, latest by Dec this year. Quite happy.

A few things need to do, if manage to find cheap sources. Otherwise will live with it for the time being as not critical, except for point 4.

1. Dashboard cracked surface (common for Teana, cosmetic only).

2. Right side mirror can't fold/unfold automatically.

3. Cleaning or replacement of leather car seat covers. Condition is not too bad actually.

4. Tyres have a lot of tread left but label shows 47/14. Looks like manufactured in week 47, year 2014? Then this one needs replacement immediately.

5. Fuel gauge light starts to flicker and small parts of speedometer looks dimmer than the rest.

6. Solar film and magnetic shade installation.

7. Headunit and cd changer are obsolete and without usb port. Wish to get a basic unit with usb port but must be able to fit into Teana. Previously was built-in. I think there is a dimension requirement.

8. Boot tray and tray type of floor mat. Rubber material.

If you have cheap-good sources, please do share. Many thanks.

Are you going for 5 yrs renewal or 10 yrs? 

Looking at the conditions you mentioned above, quite a number of stuffs you need to do.

Especially point 5 fuel gauge light starts to flicker? Any issue with your fuel system? eg: fuel pump.

how is the condition of the engine? Do you foresee if it can last another good 5 yrs or 10 yrs down the road?

I suggest you think properly the amount of stuffs that you need to do. Whether worth to renew anot. Else just take the parf value and get another used card which condition i am sure if better off than the current one.

Give it some thoughts before deciding if to renew anot. 

• Praise 1

Looking at the conditions you mentioned above, quite a number of stuffs you need to do.

Especially point 5 fuel gauge light starts to flicker? Any issue with your fuel system? eg: fuel pump.

how is the condition of the engine? Do you foresee if it can last another good 5 yrs or 10 yrs down the road?

I suggest you think properly the amount of stuffs that you need to do. Whether worth to renew anot. Else just take the parf value and get another used card which condition i am sure if better off than the current one.

So far so good. Intend to renew 10year.

Previously driven Presea and old Sunny to their 20th year mark before, so Teana shouldn't be too bad.

Will be setting aside $10k for critical repairs, in the worst case scenario, e.g. engine and gear box.

Other cosmetic flaws could be replaced with parts from scrapyards though.

Edited by Albeniz

For point 5, it is not the warning light, it is the surface LED display which is flickering. Could be due to a loose connection, I suspect.

Engine and gear box are smooth.

• Praise 1

1) can be covered with a dash mat.

2) gears in the mirror assembly could be broken. If you hear motors running but the mirror is not moving then that's most likely it. Just have it open all the time and it should solve your problem.

5) Led could be worn

7) if yours is still using the original HU you may need to get a plastic panel. I have an old Alpine single din HU with USB port to give away. Let me know if you want.

Accessories can go to concorde auto as they supply to petrol kiosk and autobacs.

• Praise 1

Dear Bros, 

i drove extended 10Y COE YOM 2009 J32 Teana 2.0XL.

looking to overhaul engine and Gearbox as it has whinning Sounds on high speedo i.e. 60 onwards more obviousard 70 and 90 kmph now. any reliable workshop to recommend that able to solve above issues? smoothly, reliably i.e warranty, and most important not chop carrot. 

Advise will be appreciated.thank you.

Turbocharged

J32 Teana can't start today.

Suspect it is the starter motor problem.

What is a reasonable price for repair?

Turbocharged
On 6/23/2023 at 9:28 PM, Albeniz said:

J32 Teana can't start today.

Suspect it is the starter motor problem.

What is a reasonable price for repair?

Ok.  Just got it replaced.  No OEM version available so had to buy Nissan original.  Price inclusive of labour was $380.  Paid $410.40 in total after GST.

• Praise 4

On 6/24/2023 at 7:46 PM, Albeniz said:

Ok.  Just got it replaced.  No OEM version available so had to buy Nissan original.  Price inclusive of labour was $380.  Paid $410.40 in total after GST.

$410 for a  is cheap, is it  recon or new ?

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 6/24/2023 at 11:23 PM, Ct3833 said:

$410 for a  is cheap, is it  recon or new ? Many years ago i paid $600 for a recon starter at KM for my 9 year old Odyssey. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

On 6/25/2023 at 8:11 AM, Beregond said:

should be recon 😅

Technically it's known as NEWly reconditioned...to some car technicians in shorts...i mean in short...it's NEW 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, mersaylee said:

Technically it's known as NEWly reconditioned...to some car technicians in shorts...i mean in short...it's NEW 😁

i think a brand new original tenna teana alternator already cost around 400++??

Say that no more such cars around the stock is struck, and they want push it out, even if they charge cost price only plus labout to install also easily 500-600.

If any bro go autobacs before,  u will know its easily 1200+- 

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

I didn't change the alternator.  Only the starter motor was changed.

Oh... I don't dare to drive any where near Autobacs, the price has always been the greatest deterrent for me.

BTW, I just changed a set of 215 R16 tyres with Tourador.  Only $90 per piece.   Shiok-shiok.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:27 AM, Beregond said:

i think a brand new original tenna teana alternator already cost around 400++??

Say that no more such cars around the stock is struck, and they want push it out, even if they charge cost price only plus labout to install also easily 500-600.

If any bro go autobacs before,  u will know its easily 1200+- 

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1