Any recommended tyre shop

Franwilliam

Can try Soon Huat Tyres at Toh Guan Industrial Estate. Good Pricing!

I feel that changing tyres at JB doesn't really have much savings.

Good recommendation

Edited by Altis72
↡ Advertisement

how come drive halfway battery can conk out for good?

I also thought should not happen.

Basically, before that, battery already died in my car.  Had used neighbor's car to jump start my car so that can go on my own to the battery workshop.

Thought as long as motor running, car will not die (had done this before in my previous car with no problem - jump start car and keep motor running to drive to workshop to change to good battery).

Did not realise battery in such a bad condition that car can really die on me while driving (but lucky not on the main road and lucky within walking distance of the workshop).  Could be that when I drove and turn into the gate of the industrial block of the battery workshop, the swinging action shake the battery just enough to trigger whatever it was that caused the car to die (perhaps the movement cause the flaked-off debris from the old battery plate to shift and cause internal short circuit in battery - so suck up too much current from alternator and end up not enough for spark plug?).

Edited by jg2000

Definitely Guan Lee. Just try going down for simple tyre patching/rotation and you will understand why he's the most service orientated boss (Mr Tay). 

He saved me twice during separate public holidays whereby my battery went flat. Both times he came to the shop even though he's not working on that day. Where can you find such dedicated service?

Customer for life.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=10438

Edited by EXO
  • Praise 1

Definitely Guan Lee. Just try going down for simple tyre patching/rotation and you will understand why he's the most service orientated boss (Mr Tay). 

He saved me twice during separate public holidays whereby my battery went flat. Both times he came to the shop even though he's not working on that day. Where can you find such dedicated service?

Customer for life.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant.php?MID=10438

Bro any idea if they do trade in? Might be interested to make some changes

Ok bros..thanks all for the info..i'm in the East so may be I wanna try Guan Lee as it sounds pretty good..Once again thanks a lot for sharing..stay safe..drive safely..Peace

Sorry man not very sure. Maybe you will like to give Mr Tay a cal? He's very friendly l am sure he won't mind answering a few of your questions.

Sorry man not very sure. Maybe you will like to give Mr Tay a cal? He's very friendly l am sure he won't mind answering a few of your questions.

You all should do a walk around check at least once a week.. 

check

scratches or dents, make sure lights still working, tyres not flat or kenna nails or diamonds. bumper or body not damaged by stupid cars door parked beside you.

In engine you should definitely check oil level and coolant level.

battery just take a look at the green indicator, no rust or white corrosive stuffs on battery terminal.

By the time you do all these, just nice warm up.

and this warming up post can be read here :

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2678117-do-you-warm-up-engine-before-setting-off/page-20

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendation on 2nd hand tyres? My car scrape in Jan Next year so looking for it to tahan these few mths. I am driving Daihatsu Terios.

Changed 4 4 Michellin Tyres from Guan Lee last week . Called and Mr Tay quoted the price was was the most reasonable . Went down to shop he was most polite and service was good too . Real gentleman! Will not hesitate to recommend anyone .  

Any recommendation on 2nd hand tyres? My car scrape in Jan Next year so looking for it to tahan these few mths. I am driving Daihatsu Terios.

Try Li Hong Auto Service. Ah Ho

Hypersonic

I am also a loyal customer of Guan Lee. The boss Mr. Tay is a very nice person and he's service oriented. He does everything himself, basically a OMO. The price is also very competitive. Accept NETS and credit card.

He also carries Amaron battery at a good price.

But do take note that his choice of tyres are limited, mainly Dunlop, Firestone and Kumho. Does not sell rims too.

Hi there, can anybody recommend any rim shop that brings in Porsche rims? So far I've only found out 'hurry tyre'. Would be glad if anyone would share. Thank you

So far, I've tried AL Tyres (Paya Lebar), Soon Huat (Toh Guan) and Tan Eng Hua (Clementi West). All are honest n reasonable.

no links with them . . . .

I have to say; AL Tyres has a good stock of tyres, fresh newly arrivals etc.!!!

I received call from boss when tyres arrived, and changed the next day..... Cool

but . . . . . Stamford, such big name here is worst!....

I called them, they said: Haveeeee, but must arrange.  you confirm then come down come down! sure give you discount one.....

when arrived, then they claimed: alamak, warehouse buzy, come again tml, I will call you

again, arrived after being called.... to discover that:

- priced above all by at least 30-40% more expensive (then give iscount for 5-10%!)

- worst of all, old stock as early as 2014 !!!

beri beri dishonest!

↡ Advertisement