2013 - 2018 3rd Gen Mercedes A class (W176)

Yaloryalor

I suppose it all boils down to desirability...

A Class does not have "start/stop" button, even when a basic Toyota Wish has. (I saw from C&C website that it is a 1-2k option)

Toyota Altis does not have rear air-con blower, yet Hyundai Avante comes with it, at cheaper price.

Dealers will sell what consumers are willing to pay for.....

It's basic expectation ppl perceive from these premium brands. Although lower range models but it's the minimum requirements the car makers should provide to the buyers to maintain their leadership in car markets.
↡ Advertisement

Well I'm not concerned about dealer's profit margin... We all know how much they make... I am just annoyed that for a premium marque, CnC decide to skimp on leather to fatten their pocket that extra $3k when they are already profiting $80k. Why sell a mercedes with fake leather when a corolla or civic comes with genuine leather. 10 years ago, it would have been unheard of for CnC to sell merc with no leather.

Don't get me wrong. I understand and agree on the leather point. Because I went to view the C180.. To adjust your seat front & back is still pull manual lever under seat, the electric adjustment only for seat height & backrest angle. If they already have this button, why not enable altogether? To me, at this price, the brand it carries, to be missing this feature is a big turn off.

But I don't care how much the dealer make from selling the car. Plain & simple. If I want to buy a house, I also don't care how much the developer makes from the sale. Neither do I do the same when buying groceries at the supermarket. Buying car is a privilege and form of enjoyment, some people make it too troublesome & tedious for themselves.

Don't get me wrong. I understand and agree on the leather point. Because I went to view the C180.. To adjust your seat front & back is still pull manual lever under seat, the electric adjustment only for seat height & backrest angle. If they already have this button, why not enable altogether? To me, at this price, the brand it carries, to be missing this feature is a big turn off.

But I don't care how much the dealer make from selling the car. Plain & simple. If I want to buy a house, I also don't care how much the developer makes from the sale. Neither do I do the same when buying groceries at the supermarket. Buying car is a privilege and form of enjoyment, some people make it too troublesome & tedious for themselves.

I don't care how much the dealer is making, I only care if the purchase is worth the price I'm paying.

And yet there are truck loads of mercs on the road

I do agree the manual seat adjustment in c180 is dumb. They give electric for the tilt which is useless compared to electronic front to back

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There's one thing I can give to the A-Class, or at least, the pre-face-lifted W176... the music they made for it is cool [laugh]

• Praise 1

Went to test drive the new A180 at C&C 2 weeks ago. Was impressed by the handling and the overall comfort of it. Boot space just to transport normal baggage. back seats can be fully lowered if more boot space is needed.

at that time A200 was 1K cheaper but right now it's more ex haha

• Praise 1

Has anyone bought or have info on PI A class as saw advert for SGD118k from SG Vehicle. What is diff between PI and AD latest?

suggest you check up on SG Vehicle first. [:)]

Went to test drive the new A180 at C&C 2 weeks ago. Was impressed by the handling and the overall comfort of it. Boot space just to transport normal baggage. back seats can be fully lowered if more boot space is needed.

at that time A200 was 1K cheaper but right now it's more ex haha

The auto park is quite cool too!

I did not test the auto park as my SE advised to get used to the car first. My parents bought a C250 from him recently. Quite a nice and informative SE.

Turbocharged

You can get that in a far cheaper Volkswagen Golf... or an even cheaper Peugeot 308SW estate!

But it's cool alright.

Care to share or point to any review. Thanks.

There was some article in the newspaper about a customer having trouble with their Merc they bought from SGVehicles once... SGVehicles always advertise super aggressive price, but don't expect good service from them... Sure send you Marina South if you have even some sort of issue.

Recommend you stick to C&C or maybe try another like VINCar if you want PI Merc.

You can get that in a far cheaper Volkswagen Golf... or an even cheaper Peugeot 308SW estate!

But it's cool alright.

There was some article in the newspaper about a customer having trouble with their Merc they bought from SGVehicles once... SGVehicles always advertise super aggressive price, but don't expect good service from them... Sure send you Marina South if you have even some sort of issue.

Recommend you stick to C&C or maybe try another like VINCar if you want PI Merc.

can buy from swift garage. they quite reputable and experience in doing merc.

(edited)

My wife is looking to change her ride. Went to test drive A180 over the past weekend.

She also tested the A3. Think she prefers A180.

For A180 style,

Price is 135,888

- SE quoted pretty low trade in value for current ride.

- No keyless start and entry

- Half leather half fabric

- Halogen headlights

- 3k service credits which SE said can tahan 4 years servicing 

- 3D car mats

- UV film

- and a bunch of nano sealant, car polish, windscreen polish blah blah blah.....

The urban will have keyless start (but no keyless entry), LED headlights, 18 inch rims, but still half leather half fabric seats for 8k more.

Need to wait for 3 months for style, not sure for urban.

Not sure whether want to take the plunge and buy for her....

Edited by Anderang
  • Praise 3

My wife is looking to change her ride. Went to test drive A180 over the past weekend.

For A180 style,

Price is 135,888

- Halogen headlights

- 3D car mats

- UV film

- and a bunch of nano sealant, car polish, windscreen polish blah blah blah.....

The urban will have keyless start (but no keyless entry), LED headlights, 18 inch rims, but still half leather half fabric seats for 8k more.

Its a nice car. I once also considering. Like the interior very much.

The halogen headlights and no DRL put me off.

You sure 3K servicing credit can tahan 4 years? hahaha..

For A180 style,

Price is 135,888

- Halogen headlights

- 3D car mats

- UV film

There is an expiry date for the 3k credits. 

But it's only barely enough to last 3 servicing sessions.

You can try asking for leather upgrades to the seats. 

When coe was at 60k plus in early 2015, A180 (the previous model) was going at around 135-136k, with 4k overtrade and 4k service credits

Based on price, seems little change even though coe is now 10k lower

If really interested, should try negotiate for higher trade in value 

No keyless is a little turn off though some feel that having keys are better

Somehow women like hatchback more than sedan, so A180>A3 not surprising

Wonder if there is a biological basis for this.

May be hatchback appears more feminine and stylish 

Think the Volvo v40 cross country is one of the best hatchbacks in its class

For A180 style,

Price is 135,888

- Halogen headlights

- 3D car mats

- UV film

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2