2013 - 2018 3rd Gen Mercedes A class (W176)

Yaloryalor

Anyone can share A180 fuel consumption with me? my wife A180 style.. after 1k mileage still getting lousy fuel consumption like 9km/l with auto start stop off and 90% city driving.. normal? it is worst than my e200 which i can close at least 10km/l under same condition.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone can share A180 fuel consumption with me? my wife A180 style.. after 1k mileage still getting lousy fuel consumption like 9km/l with auto start stop off and 90% city driving.. normal? it is worst than my e200 which i can close at least 10km/l under same condition.

city driving is the problem.

a class is heavy and contributes to the problem.

my heavy jetta, does 9 in city, 18 on highway cycle...just for reference.

city driving is the problem.

a class is heavy and contributes to the problem.

my heavy jetta, does 9 in city, 18 on highway cycle...just for reference.

Thanks bro.. at least now I know is normal...

Maybe driving style rather than car.

Whenever my wife drive, FC is worse than me.

Turbocharged

Maybe also due to the MFA 180 drivetrain. The A180 doesn't have a lot of power so maybe your wife stabs the gas pedal harder than you do on your E200 to get moving.

MFA cars also use a DCT which don't work so well in stop and go city.

Maybe also due to the MFA 180 drivetrain. The A180 doesn't have a lot of power so maybe your wife stabs the gas pedal harder than you do on your E200 to get moving.

MFA cars also use a DCT which don't work so well in stop and go city.

Thank you very much for your enlightenment.. guess doesnt make much sense to keep the A class for long since a petrol drinker. another excuse for me to submit proposal to change car to my CEO. will pass her my E and then i can upgrade again maybe to a Macan S....heeee

Turbocharged

Thank you very much for your enlightenment.. guess doesnt make much sense to keep the A class for long since a petrol drinker. another excuse for me to submit proposal to change car to my CEO. will pass her my E and then i can upgrade again maybe to a Macan S....heeee

Think the MFA 180, using red version of M270 DE 16 AL only around 120hp, thereabout? It's a nonsensical model that is meant solely to squeeze in under Cat A. UK, USA, etc. don't have such a silly detuned model that have worse fuel economy than MFA 200's M270 DE 16 AL.

I recall the A180 take over 9s to get to 100km/h. Slower than E200 CGI, around 8s.

And it's a bit cramped too... but for a lady to drive alone, small and easy to handle and suits their image.

I must say I was expecting better for the A180. Thought even in 90% city should be 10.5km/l+.

Edited by 7hm

mine is 8.1L/100km(12.3km/L) at average speed 31km/hr without auto start stop off.

mine is 8.1L/100km(12.3km/L) at average speed 31km/hr without auto start stop off.

I think the avg speed figure gives a better comparative indicator than the ballpark city/hwg percentage.

For comparison, my audi a3 gives me 18.1 km/ltr at 34km/h avg speed (measured over a distance of 15000km). Not using start stop either.

The A180 doesn't seem that efficient given it and a3 is setup similarly with small turbo and dct.

I think the avg speed figure gives a better comparative indicator than the ballpark city/hwg percentage.

For comparison, my audi a3 gives me 18.1 km/ltr at 34km/h avg speed (measured over a distance of 15000km). Not using start stop either.

The A180 doesn't seem that efficient given it and a3 is setup similarly with small turbo and dct.

The a180 engine is not efficient. Most Drivers are getting around 11-13km/l for this model.

I am deciding between a Mercs A180 and Audi A3 sedan. Can you share what you think?

both are good but I will choose between A3 Sportback  and A180 .

Depend on the function you want............. I need COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS so choose A180.

• Praise 1

I am deciding between a Mercs A180 and Audi A3 sedan. Can you share what you think?

No need to think so much. You are comparing Mercedes vs Audi. It is not a direct apple-to-apple comparison. It is obviously Mercedes is a better choice and upper hand in terms of branding. You might want to consider at least A200 because A180 looks kinda empty with the accessories... Happy car shopping!  ^_^

@razer369 Suggest you also read some comparison reviews on top of testing the cars yourself :)

Mercedes may probably be a stronger brand but car wise...

Anyways you will hardly go wrong with either pick... have fun!

Edited by thedryvr
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1