SPL Automobile

Cumzilla

No ideas guys with regards to downside of old date of manufacture. All that really matters is the OMV that is decided by LTA is still very competitve and often much higher than Kah Motors and other PIs.

But the good thing is SPL automatically replace the 12V car battery FOC without even asking..

Maybe if plan to re-sell the car after 1-2 years, resale value may be hurt.

↡ Advertisement

no worry la .... at the end of the day ... when trade-in or sell in sgcarmart

dealer always give "paper value" + a few Ks nia

even my ride is from AD, tell them tip-top condition, full service records from AD, all parts serviced and changed

when dealer take in my car ... they don't GIVE A S.HIT ... it's all about demand/supply and how much they can sell & profit

mileage can tweak, after sales sevice/warranty they will siam all liability to outside workshop with $1K-$2K purchased extended warranty

it's all about paper value and the new car price benchmark ...

it's a uniquely singapore market that does not apply to any other countries except singapore simply because of PARF and COE

that's why used car depreciation is trailing new car because whether new or old ... the lifespan is only 10 years

in this case ... buy low sell low ... nothing much to lose ...

at the end of the day, still get paper value + body

Maybe if plan to re-sell the car after 1-2 years, resale value may be hurt.

Edited by Wt_know

it's like going to valueshop buying "expiring soon" product at a discount

does that mean valueshop is making a loss or razor thin margin?

they could have sourced their product at a huge discount too ... [laugh]

What SPL paid for their stocks, no one knows. I won't claim to know

for a car buyer, i think you know more about the company than the directors themselves...

do you do that for all your purchases?

Like everyone else, I also scared they run away with my money! So I did due diligence. Check with ACRA filings, talk to other PIs in the business.

Questioned other PIs why their OMV so much lower than SPL but charge so much higher!!

I did the same research on developers when buying local and overseas properties.

I have an equity / corporate research background as I ran the Equity Research arm of one of the big 3 local bank's here.

The thing that got me pondering is, of all the PIs in Singapore, why the hell did Uber / LCR entrust nearly $50m in cash booking deposit to SPL.

I am certain LCR have done thorough research prior to taking the gamble and before their little business dispute.

Edited by Ian1

Like everyone else, I also scared they run away with my money! So I did due diligence. Check with ACRA filings, talk to other PIs in the business.

Questioned other PIs why their OMV so much lower than SPL but charge so much higher!!

I did the same research on developers when buying local and overseas properties.

I have an equity / corporate research background as I ran the Equity Research arm of one of the big 3 local bank's here.

The thing that got me pondering is, of all the PIs in Singapore, why the hell did Uber / LCR entrust nearly $50m in cash booking deposit to SPL.

I am certain LCR have done thorough research prior to taking the gamble and before their little business dispute.

some of the things you mentioned don't think can get from research... unless you actually visit the company and do an interview before buying the car lol

for a car buyer, i think you know more about the company than the directors themselves...

do you do that for all your purchases?

so obvious you still wanna ask?  [confused]

some of the things you mentioned don't think can get from research... unless you actually visit the company and do an interview before buying the car lol

He's juz lucky he hasn't got a PI run road story to tell

So best to leave it as is n dun ask anymore.....lol

so obvious you still wanna ask?  [confused]

i want to learn how he do it mah... so if next time i buy from PI i want research kilat kilat then can buy..... 

He's juz lucky he hasn't got a PI run road story to tell

So best to leave it as is n dun ask anymore.....lol

he research so kilat... the PI he choose sure won't run road de lar....................... i think  [grin]

i want to learn how he do it mah... so if next time i buy from PI i want research kilat kilat then can buy..... 

he research so kilat... the PI he choose sure won't run road de lar....................... i think  [grin]

then you buy from his PI lor.

:D

are we expecting more news on PI collected downpayment, close shop and run road? [sly]

I am thinking in 2018 / 2019, at least half the PIs will fade away given the record number of COE renewals and zero car growth policy.

They gave me a $55,000 COE when COE corrected to $49,000 in Jul 2018.

don't understand this statement. was it at Open Cat COE ? If so then its pegged to the eventual Cat A or Cat B level during registration.

don't understand this statement. was it at Open Cat COE ? If so then its pegged to the eventual Cat A or Cat B level during registration.

No... the Open Cat is pegged to the corresponding Cat B at the time of the successful bid.... not the time of registration.

Mine i got $55,000 open cat while cat B was $$55,429 if i remembered correctly. But the latest bid prior to my registration was $48k to $50k

On my log card, it also says my COE value is $55,000

Edited by Ian1

No... the Open Cat is pegged to the corresponding Cat B at the time of the successful bid.... not the time of registration.

Mine i got $55,000 open cat while cat B was $$55,429 if i remembered correctly. But the latest bid prior to my registration was $48k to $50k

On my log card, it also says my COE value is $55,000

Oic, got it. Understood.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement