2015 BMW X1 sDrive20i

zhehao

Yes also saw the X1 s18i recently. Yes no park assist and small 6" led screen. However for the 163k price, the 216d GT is a better option as more spacious, more features, more fuel efficient and value for money. Yes pml is stingy with features so must install outside like elebest. Went also to c&c and sit in the b class. Wow! So spacious and larger lcd screen but the price definitely more ex.

Hey, looking at getting the s18i as well.. However, information on it very hard to source on the Internet leh...

Anyway, could you confirm for me if there is turbo?

I'm guessing there should be, but it's not stated on any spec sheet that I have managed to find. Pml website sucks and it's not updated! So many place don't have s18i, those that have don't know in what funny language... Lol.. Oh my Tian...

So far for all the bros on a X1, how is it? How do you like it and what's the actual fc being achieved ?

Long term BMW bros, what are the main problems to look out for on a BMW?

Thanks Bros! Hope to hear from u soon!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

my X1 E84  ard 70000km only and now have loud whining noise, pml quoted me replacement final drive and bearing at $4,400. Bad experience.

• Praise 2

Hi all,

Been driving the F48 X1 sDrive20i since Nov 15.. I think I was one of the first or second batch owners to take delivery. So far, the car is good except for 2 things;

1. Ride is harder than most SUV. So it can be quite bumpy. However, having transited from the F30 316i previously, the ride comfort is actually better as the F30 is a much much lower ride as compare to X1.

2. The brakes seemed to be abit erratic. Step abit, no braking. Step too hard, e-brake. Maybe the problem is unique to my ride. Will get it check during 1st servicing.

Otherwise, the power is good enough for my daily drive. Handling at high speed is also good due to hard suspension. So the car is damn stable. Also, for cornering, the difference between FWD (X1) and RWD (F30) is not significant, to be frank. [laugh]

More importantly, my CFO now doesn't complain about getting in and out of my car would give her backaches.. [:p]

The only thing I'm thinking about upgrading this car is piggyback.... :wub:

Options wise, for those who are driving a F30 316i and yet bash the interior options of the X1, I'm not very sure.. Maybe a Lexus or Jag will be more suitable for you.. [;)]

• Praise 5

Hi all,

Been driving the F48 X1 sDrive20i since Nov 15.. I think I was one of the first or second batch owners to take delivery. So far, the car is good except for 2 things;

1. Ride is harder than most SUV. So it can be quite bumpy. However, having transited from the F30 316i previously, the ride comfort is actually better as the F30 is a much much lower ride as compare to X1.

2. The brakes seemed to be abit erratic. Step abit, no braking. Step too hard, e-brake. Maybe the problem is unique to my ride. Will get it check during 1st servicing.

Otherwise, the power is good enough for my daily drive. Handling at high speed is also good due to hard suspension. So the car is damn stable. Also, for cornering, the difference between FWD (X1) and RWD (F30) is not significant, to be frank. [laugh]

More importantly, my CFO now doesn't complain about getting in and out of my car would give her backaches.. [:p]

The only thing I'm thinking about upgrading this car is piggyback.... :wub:

Options wise, for those who are driving a F30 316i and yet bash the interior options of the X1, I'm not very sure.. Maybe a Lexus or Jag will be more suitable for you.. [;)]

Well said

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

been driving the new X1 for about a month. FC @ 9.5l/100KM - 50/50 runway vs city. 

is it good or bad?  [bigcry]  [bigcry]  [bigcry]

been driving the new X1 for about a month. FC @ 9.5l/100KM - 50/50 runway vs city. 

I would say fair cos u have 50% city drive and the car is heavy and running on petrol. 

• Praise 5

Translated to about 10.5km/L 

Compared to a car with 14km/L FC,

If you do 20,000 km per year 

A. 20,000 / 10.5 = 1905 L 

B. 20,000 / 14 = 1429 L

Difference = A - B = 476 L

At current average RON95 price of $1.80/L after discount, it translates to $857 per year more. 

I dont think it is significant enough to prefer another car just because of the small FC difference when translated to dollars and cents.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

is it good or bad? [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Hi, is yours the 20i? I'm considering the 18i, but their price sticky, not willing to nego much.
  • Praise 1

Hi, is yours the 20i? I'm considering the 18i, but their price sticky, not willing to nego much.

What's the price of the 18i?

Any obvious diff in power?

• Praise 5

Mine is 20i. If u want to save abit on petrol , can get 18i. So far so good for me.. Enjoying the ride still. Previous car was civic , so there's a huge different for me

(edited)

holy smoky ...

this is the X1 long wheel base leg room for PRC market

post-7984-0-47642800-1464354602_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

HI, 

just got my X1 S18 for 1 week. quite ok with the interior considering i drove a Q 3 which i would vouch the X1 interior is better. just my 2 cents worth 

No cruise and FWD, so feels a little "funny" when first driving the car, takes a while to not over steer and watch my speedometer in MCE/ KPE. then saw that they have a "LIM" button to limit speed ... hahaha, better then a TP fine. 

surprisingly torquey for a 1.5L so urban driving is good but turn off that irritating "AUTO Start STop" ., it feels like a car in orgrasm each time it starts and stops

i think having this " AUTO START STOP" will sure cause the car ignition problems in the long run ...  

Got a few questions 

1. engine - 1.5 L 3 cylinder 12 V TURBO seems a bit noisy when idle and driving. any ways to improve it without voiding warranty? thought of doing some sound proofing but dont know where and which part to apply. if go to body shop, that fellow sure try to sell " do eveywhere" got any good body shop reasonable price and good skills to recomend ?

2. BTW- sound proofing does it works?

3. or is the Noise coming from the 18 inch Run flat tires with Pirelli P7 ? 

Cheers and Happy Motoring

HI, 

just got my X1 S18 for 1 week. quite ok with the interior considering i drove a Q 3 which i would vouch the X1 interior is better. just my 2 cents worth 

No cruise and FWD, so feels a little "funny" when first driving the car, takes a while to not over steer and watch my speedometer in MCE/ KPE. then saw that they have a "LIM" button to limit speed ... hahaha, better then a TP fine. 

surprisingly torquey for a 1.5L so urban driving is good but turn off that irritating "AUTO Start STop" ., it feels like a car in orgrasm each time it starts and stops

i think having this " AUTO START STOP" will sure cause the car ignition problems in the long run ...  

Got a few questions 

1. engine - 1.5 L 3 cylinder 12 V TURBO seems a bit noisy when idle and driving. any ways to improve it without voiding warranty? thought of doing some sound proofing but dont know where and which part to apply. if go to body shop, that fellow sure try to sell " do eveywhere" got any good body shop reasonable price and good skills to recomend ?

Check whether your bonnet gone insulation? If not, get PML to retrofit for you.  It may not reduce noisy idling.

Neutral Newbie

HI,

Got a few questions

Hi bro Richard, congratulations to you new ride. How much did you pay for your x1 18i? What's does the sale package from your se included? Really appreciate your inputs, I'm also interested to get the x1. Thank you very much.
↡ Advertisement