2015 BMW X1 sDrive20i

zhehao

Agreed but the one good thing is that for sure sensatec/artico should last longer as real leather tends to crack esp in our hot weather unless you regularly apply conditioner which most us us don't do unfortunately.

Aiya, our car can only use for 10 years which good quality real leather can easily last till them, so the sensatec/artico last longer could be true but irrelevant nonetheless due to uniquely Singapore COE system.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

full cash .... yes ... you heard it right ... full cash

joke aside ... $10k credit card + remaining cash (shiok last time got $10k note) or cheque or cashier order lo

One quick question, how does potential car owner make its 50% downpayment? By credit card or cashier order?

Edited by Wt_know

full cash .... yes ... you heard it right ... full cash

joke aside ... $10k credit card + remaining cash (shiok last time got $10k note) or cheque or cashier order lo

Yep thats right! Wanted to use credit card for the 50% downpayment for points.. But SE dont allow lol
  • Praise 1

One quick question, how does potential car owner make its 50% downpayment? By credit card or cashier order?

you can,

1. bring a suitcase full of tens and twenties ... ok, fifties also can, in singapore legally tendered notes (or equivalent).   :D

or

2. bring a cheque 

or

3. credit card(s) ... some AD accepts only booking fees in credit cards, and some has a cap limit on credit card payment. 

and/or 

4. bring your used car to offset the down payment. 

• Praise 1

SE allow CC payment for booking fee, they rest u can choose to pay the extra 1.4-1.8% charge by the CC company. u have to weight weather worth it for the mile /points earn on the card

you collecting soon? I think those that order in Dec/Jan will receive end of this month

Neutral Newbie

yes, collecting month end. thus need to know the channels to 50% down payment. 

pardon my ignorance, why will there be an additional payment of 1.4 - 1.8 %? 

SE allow CC payment for booking fee, they rest u can choose to pay the extra 1.4-1.8% charge by the CC company. u have to weight weather worth it for the mile /points earn on the card
you collecting soon? I think those that order in Dec/Jan will receive end of this month

• Praise 1

yes, collecting month end. thus need to know the channels to 50% down payment. 

pardon my ignorance, why will there be an additional payment of 1.4 - 1.8 %? 

They allow CC payment up to the maximum of booking fee, $15k for X1.

if u want to charge say another 15k or even remaining amount , the CC company charge PML transaction fee which PML will not absorb (eats into their margin), and will pass to you if u want to pay by CC (the charges range from different cards 1.4~1.8% or even more for some cards).

so you need to work out is it worth to earn miles or points for that extra 1.4~1.8% paid.

Edited by Souldead81

I thought there is a limit 1 could charge to CC.

CC is considered loan & fall under loan restriction.

I think the limit is imposed by the AD/PI as they don't want to incur merchant costs.

Credit Card itself only limits up to your individual card limit and in these days of TDSR and Credit Bureau, it is pretty controlled though obviously those guys who had card limits granted pre-TDSR days may have more room to manoeuvre.

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie

Driving X1 E84 67K mileage now having final drive issues. Like driving with washing machine in the car. Sent car to PML for checks was advised by SA that even if change final drive, sound will come back after a while. 

Driving X1 E84 67K mileage now having final drive issues. Like driving with washing machine in the car. Sent car to PML for checks was advised by SA that even if change final drive, sound will come back after a while. 

its on ZF 8 speeder? the car has no LSD right? probably need to replace drive shaft?

Wow. 67k nia. How much to fix?

Neutral Newbie

The SA tell me change also no use, sound will also come back after awhile. Understood from the SA that it seems like a common and known problem of the final drive for E84 model.

When I tried researching on the internet before buying this X1, there was no mention of Final Drive giving whining noise. Now kenna very pissed off. Especially there is no solution for it.

The SA tell me change also no use, sound will also come back after awhile. Understood from the SA that it seems like a common and known problem of the final drive for E84 model.

When I tried researching on the internet before buying this X1, there was no mention of Final Drive giving whining noise. Now kenna very pissed off. Especially there is no solution for it.

Wow. That kind of answer is hard to accept! If it is a known problem that will definitely reoccur, it means it is a design failure and it should be recalled.
↡ Advertisement