Driver of SGR2039Z - Accident at SLE Lentor Ave Exit

Boi2uncle

Twincharged

I don't tint my windows, but I feel window tint is the least of priorities for LTA officers if we look at safety considerations of modifications enforcements.

Your issue with too tinted windows not enabling you to look further ahead should also consider big ass vehicles like large SUVs/MPVs/Buses/Vans and lorries too. Imagine following behind an Audi Q7 or Vellfire and your ride is the normal or lower seated sports car? Even without tinting you will not be able to see ahead due to the bulk of the rear lower sheet metal in your line of sight.

I think it differs from person to person but when i sat in one of my friend's heavily tinted car, I felt almost blind at night. Hard to see out of the windows and those motorbikes that have very dim headlights are quite hard to see in the side mirrors. I was wondering how he can drive with that kind of visibility. Its like wearing sunglasses at night where you can see everything but not as clearly.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement

am i the only one who feels like the motorcyclist contributed to this crash by stopping ON the expressway?

fortunately he managed to lift his right leg just in time to avoid getting it squashed between the taxi and his own motorbike.

• Praise 2

am i the only one who feels like the motorcyclist contributed to this crash by stopping ON the expressway?

fortunately he managed to lift his right leg just in time to avoid getting it squashed between the taxi and his own motorbike.

Everyone got fault lah.

Motorcyclist should have stopped at the earlier stretch with wider road shoulder to the left of the white line. Saw some other motorcyclist stopped there without obstructing the traffic trying to filter out of the expressway.

The car that was whacked  by the taxi could have either signal right to move further out away (best is can change lane) from the motorcycle after checking clear and then rejoin the lane after clearing the obstacle.

The taxi driver should not have followed so close if he knows his tyre thread or brakes are going gone.

Turbocharged

Likely reason is the fact that it was raining, it is common for motorcyclists to stop to get their raincoats on

If the taxi company is not responsible enough to pick up and change the wear and tear parts during their supposedly month servicing, then LTA should step in to enforce. Stop wasting their resources on window tinting exceeding 5% VLT.....

It is a safety issue to the taxi driver, passengers and all other road users.

Haha who cares about window tint when you can put f**king curtains in the taxi. These f**kers know that people will want to get a look at the drivers face after they pull stunts. Curtains help to hide all these f**kers who don't dare to show their face.

• Praise 1

to save costs, taxi companies are mass purchased low quality tyres, narrow width tyres and lousy brake pads.

to save time, taxi drivers are always chiong faster, sleep lesser so just to make more money.

this is fact. 

• Praise 2

I feel the driver of SGR2039Z is the primary cause of the accident. He swerve at the last minute to avoid the bikes, so the taxi behind having less visibility got surprised by the appearance of the bikes out of a sudden, and was left with very little reaction time. Taxi also at fault for following too closely on a wet road and failed to drive defensively.

Thanks bro

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZHAOj0D_dI

I seem to have made a mistake that I didn't notice until after uploading. The sound continues for a while after the video cuts.

Also there is a video glitch where it shows the wrong frames when video cuts start... this one I can't seem to do anything about. No matter what editor I use. [blush]

I feel the driver of SGR2039Z is the primary cause of the accident. He swerve at the last minute to avoid the bikes, so the taxi behind having less visibility got surprised by the appearance of the bikes out of a sudden, and was left with very little reaction time. Taxi also at fault for following too closely on a wet road and failed to drive defensively.

Actually I attribute more to the bike. The start of the expressway exit is quite narrow and he was stopping at the side trying to kick start his bike (yes his leg was sticking out). Before that there were also bikes behind him, already filtering out from the road shoulder and cars had to slow down to let them out, making lane change to the right where cars are moving faster more difficult. If he had stopped at road shoulder I think this could have been avoided.

Edit: oh and he did not swerve out, it was the impact after being hit by the taxi.

Edited by Boi2uncle

Twincharged

IMO, the taxi and the motorcycles are the main causes. So long as the car behind keeps a safe distance, there is reason why he cannot react in time regardless of what the car infront does. As for the motorcycles, I feel they should have stopped further back where the lanes are wider rather than at this part which looks like a slip road? This part looks narrower than normal.

Actually I attribute more to the bike. The start of the expressway exit is quite narrow and he was stopping at the side trying to kick start his bike (yes his leg was sticking out). Before that there were also bikes behind him, already filtering out from the road shoulder and cars had to slow down to let them out, making lane change to the right where cars are moving faster more difficult. If he had stopped at road shoulder I think this could have been avoided.

Edit: oh and he did not swerve out, it was the impact after being hit by the taxi.

You're right after watching the vid again. The "swerve" was caused by the impact.

I think it differs from person to person but when i sat in one of my friend's heavily tinted car, I felt almost blind at night. Hard to see out of the windows and those motorbikes that have very dim headlights are quite hard to see in the side mirrors. I was wondering how he can drive with that kind of visibility. Its like wearing sunglasses at night where you can see everything but not as clearly.

your friend is: :grin:

5ff3248007ad74c9bd9ff59d648eb242.jpg

• Praise 1

The motorcyclists were damn lucky. If it was a prime mover....

This kind of scenes happen all the time in Malaysia. Increasingly, motorcyclist in Sin are doing this (granted many of them ride MY bikes). Some even stop at the roadside at underpass or flyover.

Neutral Newbie

Looks like a process of natural selection to me. Apparently to some people, not getting wet is more important than not getting killed.

Edited by Speedz

so many ppl bash motorcyclist?

rain how? u think singapore expressway every 1km got rain shelter for them to stop safely?  even with these rain shelters it can get pretty full at times.

have pity on the motorcyclist. afterall, if all motorcyclist was to drive, i'm sure our ERP rates will hit the roof pretty soon. 

ultimately, the silver car probably wun get injured but the motorcyclist will. 

• Praise 1

Looks like a process of natural selection to me. Apparently to some people, not getting wet is more important than not getting killed.

I am more worry that we have such a driver that can't see such a big object on a clear day.
  • Praise 1

I am more worry that we have such a driver that can't see such a big object on a clear day.

probably glued to GPS lor ...

of late I see accidents where drivers did not brake at all ... probably spend more time looking at GPS than looking at actual road conditions.

↡ Advertisement