Driver of SGR2039Z - Accident at SLE Lentor Ave Exit

Boi2uncle

Twincharged

probably glued to GPS lor ...

of late I see accidents where drivers did not brake at all ... probably spend more time looking at GPS than looking at actual road conditions.

Yes. Especially at the expressway exits. Looking at GPS to make sure they are going the right way.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

When it looks like it's going to rain, there will be many motorcyclists stopping on the roadside to put on rain gear.

Best is to slow down and/or avoid left lane.

Not to mention cyclist that appears out of the blue to block traffic, even when it's not raining.

Yes. Especially at the expressway exits. Looking at GPS to make sure they are going the right way.

That's even more worrying. They didn't check in advance. At most a glance less then 0.5sec is enough.

The rule of keeping a distance never change and especially when it is rains and road is wet. My inlaw keep saying that i drive too near and i didnt heel his advise. Thats causes a num of incidents which i can avoid if i hve listen to him. I learn it the hard way i must say. Lucky noones injured.

• Praise 1

The rule of keeping a distance never change and especially when it is rains and road is wet. My inlaw keep saying that i drive too near and i didnt heel his advise. Thats causes a num of incidents which i can avoid if i hve listen to him. I learn it the hard way i must say. Lucky noones injured.

Btw for those who was once i me, no experience when comes to change tyres, pls take note. When one tyre is deem unusable, pls change a set of NEW tyres, dnt even think abt 2nd hand ones unless they are new (new car upgrading their given tyres).

I have one close shave when the cheap 2nd hand Falken 912 (catnt rem the model) started giving way when i was turning from cte city exit 8A To PIE (Tuas). It was drizzling. The was newly paved, i gradually slow down by depressing my brake to reduce speed to 50 i think ( shld be too fast), and next thing i knw, my car do a 180 degrees turn and hit the curb to a stop. I was stunned and cant do anything juz hopefully i escaped being alived.I can still rem a merz driving pass me and looking surprised.

From that day on, i told myself, never to get 2nd tyres any more and to get those with good water plating/ wet weather tyres even it is slightly more expensive.

Sry to be so long winded, juz wanted to share my little exp after driivng for nearly 10 yrs. still have lots to learn.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3