Is a subwoofer necessary?

Clement

Since you are already in that route I suggest you continue to go all out which is to get the subwoofer and you might want to check out 3 way component speakers.

↡ Advertisement

HU - Pioneer AVH-x5850bt

Front Speakers - Hertz DSK165

Rear Speakers - Stock

4 doors all soundproofed

Not running on amp currently.

My 4 doors are soundproofed and my front speakers are Hertz DSK165

Since your 4 door are soundproofed then please go for a 4 channel amp ! You definitely need one. Big difference with and without amp.

Change your rear stock to 2 way coaxial speaker. After all this, your last upgrade properly will be adding a active subwoofer. 

Since you are already in that route I suggest you continue to go all out which is to get the subwoofer and you might want to check out 3 way component speakers.

Is 3 way really better than 2 way speaker? I check out the prices.. it is super expensive, custom pillar holder for the mid bass, tweeter.. etc etc..

Easily 1000+...

Since your 4 door are soundproofed then please go for a 4 channel amp ! You definitely need one. Big difference with and without amp.

Change your rear stock to 2 way coaxial speaker. After all this, your last upgrade properly will be adding a active subwoofer. 

I was thinking of not installing an amp for now. Don't need to reach the BOOM BOOM effect... just want to feel a slight bit more bass that's all. :)

I was thinking of not installing an amp for now. Don't need to reach the BOOM BOOM effect... just want to feel a slight bit more bass that's all. :)

4 channel Amp is not really for boom boom effect. It will make your speaker sound clearly, bass, and other vocal  etc etc.

Pioneer 5850 bulit in amp Mosfet 50w x 4 speaker. If you really want some bass, definitely need an amp.

Edited by Dscheng

Vezelian, on 22 Feb 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

u started with those (esp soundproof 4 door already), so u cannot stop.... [laugh]

select a sound workshop ...get 4ch amp..do a nice set up

then an active subwoofer or subwoofer speaker + box + monoblock amp (recommend the latter)

• Praise 2

4 channel Amp is not really for boom boom effect. It will make your speaker sound clearly, bass, and other vocal  etc etc.

Pioneer 5850 bulit in amp Mosfet 50w x 4 speaker. If you really want some bass, definitely need an amp.

any mid level amp to recommend? Thanks!

any mid level amp to recommend? Thanks!

There are many brand in the market. So long you are comfortable with price. Talk to your audio installer.

Do you have plans to change the rear stock speaker? If no, go straight for 2 channel amp and focus on the front components speaker.

But i will recommend for 4 channel amp and just in case you want to upgrade for future plan.

I am using Rainbow beat 4 and it is 4 channel producing 4 x 100w. Sound quite decent.

Do a search in markplaces section, lotsa of brand. If you want a FL installer, pm me, he is quite good at least in my opinions.

will the Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4 amp be sufficient?

I guess it all boils down to your budget and the speakers/ woofer you need to drive.

Also important to note is your preference of music as not all human ears can listen to the same details given the same music from a single setup.

Suggest you go for a underseat woofer without the need of an external amplifier to feel the difference; and decide later if you really need an amplifier.

• Praise 1

active subwoofer put in boot not much effect..(that's why most put seat below)

but better see if can test first before purchase.

How about putting the active subwoofer below the rear passenger seat?

Do not like to have the active subwoofer below the driver seat.

The amp is below the front passenger seat.

Thanks.

Clement, on 23 Feb 2016 - 2:22 PM, said:

Thanks.

MPV?

sedan rear seat cant put anything underneath

pls check with reliable installer (the shop u intend to buy from)

• Praise 8

Thanks.

I also facing the same problem. Amp on front passenger, no choice i have to put under driver seat.

Not that bad actually, if you crank up the volume, definitely there are some vibration.

My frd's golf, install under the glove box, it is still subject to which type of car and place that is available.

Edited by Dscheng

MPV?

sedan rear seat cant put anything underneath

pls check with reliable installer (the shop u intend to buy from)

SUV, not sure if can mount under the rear passenger seat, will check with installer.

Just wondering if the bass effect will be alright.

Thanks.

My active subwoofer is pioneer TS-WX120A. No additional amp required. My installer connect straight to my HU.

So far I am quite pleased with the sound performance. I also install under driver seat, when increasing the volume, really can feel the boom boom haha. Especially if you want something small and light music.

My setup is similar with you. Front is 2 way components speaker, rear is 2 way coaxial speaker and powered with 4 channel amp.

Added this active sub really make all the sound system complete. I am thinking to do sound proofing lolz. Poison never end one.

If you want to add active sub, pm me. The famous FL meng quote a very good price and decent workmanship from him.

Future upgrade list?

3 way components speaker?

59B3593E-9EF0-4911-B255-FEE587A6B785_zps

Hi, Can share how much is the price for this? with installation?

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I read through these threads and some info online about 8", 10" and 12" subs with dedicated amp. I'm looking for some "boom" sometimes after work to "let go".

Current setup is stock on Mazda 6 2014 with Bose system. Would appreciate kind advise on whether to pick up a 10" or 12" and place in the boot.

Usually play music from Maroon 5, eminem raps etc.

Thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I read through these threads and some info online about 8", 10" and 12" subs with dedicated amp. I'm looking for some "boom" sometimes after work to "let go".

Current setup is stock on Mazda 6 2014 with Bose system. Would appreciate kind advise on whether to pick up a 10" or 12" and place in the boot.

Usually play music from Maroon 5, eminem raps etc.

Thanks!

There are really a lot of brand in the market. If you have a audio workshop, talk to your installer. See which type of sub and amp that is suit your setup and budget. Below are a sample of sub, you might be looking at? Since yours is a sedan, plenty of room for 12 inch sub.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=88126 

Edited by Dscheng

Hi sorry to hijack this thread..

But can I ask all the shifu here a question?

I'm gonna go for active setup, and my installer-to-be tells me i only need a 5m RCA cable from my HU to H800, and 3x1M RCA cable from processor to my amps, which are Genesis Profile Four Ultra and Genesis Profile Two Ultra..

My HU is Alpine W535EBT.

Can anyone tell me how this works? He said the 5m RCA cable is a 1 in-3 out kind of cable..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1