Which is better, Original rims or change new rims

kennytansk

I think there are plenty of spray paint vendors here in the forum? You can call and check with them. I did check with one of them previously regarding spray-painting of the rims and was quoted $100 per rim. But I did not take it up eventually after I was told I had to leave the car with them overnight:(

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

BMW Made in Germany( sorry cant post pic)

to be Fair , wheels are not Made 100% impact proofed

Quality wheels are tested base on International wheels test procedure like TUV / VIA / JIS / KBE etc

Poor Quality wheels may not tested , doesn't meant they are dangerous

Super Quality wheels tested met ISO or intl std , doesn't meant they are free from impact crack apart

Why we buy Good Brand because we trust the Quailty

BMW Made in Germany( sorry cant post pic)
to be Fair , wheels are not Made 100% impact proofed
Quality wheels are tested base on International wheels test procedure like TUV / VIA / JIS / KBE etc
Poor Quality wheels may not tested , doesn't meant they are dangerous
Super Quality wheels tested met ISO or intl std , doesn't meant they are free from impact crack apart
Why we buy Good Brand because we trust the Quailty

wanted to post the accident BMW car

front badly impacted

can any one share why I cant post photos here

I'm looking to change to sparco pro Corsa rims in a jb shop but can't find info on checking if it's original or fake. Will any certificate be given for originals? Thanks

How about SSW rims? Haven't anyone tried it before? 

Hi Bro

I'm no expert in rims (actually not expert in anything...) but has been on SSW 17' rims for about 15mths (i.e. approx. 40,000km).

So far so good... not too expensive (i.e. the model I buy was about $135 per pc)... bit lighter than stock rims...and serving me well, going up and down the NSHW.... no issues at all.

Dunno the "technical" aspects so cannot advise you on that.

Cheers

• Praise 1

I'm looking to change to sparco pro Corsa rims in a jb shop but can't find info on checking if it's original or

Edited by Roberttan

I would ask for a discount, tell them not to install, and use the factory fitted steel rims as they were when they arrived Singapore on vessel.

Hello all,

Just to seek some opinions and advise from MCF members and experience professional.

I've just committed to an AD for a new car, and here comes my dilemma...

The car comes with a 18' matte/silver colored rims and I do not like the color. I've always been fan of shinny chrome rims as it is easy to clean and wash daily.

Is it advisable to purchase a new set of chrome rims (same size 18') and use back the tyres, or it is better to keep the OEM rims and have them chromed so that the performance is not wrongly compromised by the newly purchased chrome rims?

If the latter is true, then where in SG can get this service for chroming the rims?

TIA 

Sparco Rim is now made in Malaysia. Also by YHI if im not wrong. 

I'm looking to change to sparco pro Corsa rims in a jb shop but can't find info on checking if it's original or fake. Will any certificate be given for originals? Thanks

Hi Bro

I'm no expert in rims (actually not expert in anything...) but has been on SSW 17' rims for about 15mths (i.e. approx. 40,000km).

So far so good... not too expensive (i.e. the model I buy was about $135 per pc)... bit lighter than stock rims...and serving me well, going up and down the NSHW.... no issues at all.

Dunno the "technical" aspects so cannot advise you on that.

Cheers

Can thanks bro for ur help.. other than SSW any other brands u recommend which is ok? 

If you got the budget , definite ly go for original rims , there are much lighter and more strong compare to aftermarket rims . However if you don't want to spend a lot , aftermarket ones are also not bad too .. let u decide

TS, go for the rims that you like but don't settle for low quality cheap rims. if you are looking at 18 - 19 inches rims, be prepare to pay premium on it. No point to risk you life since wheels are the connector between your car body and road ... 

just to share my view

Original wheel generally is a Better Quality (but not Best)

Original wheel is normally not light in weight (but sure very Strong for that particular car equipped with) 

wheels fitted on your new car are not guaranty Original , some are locally fitted (nor original ).

you can get a Better Quality or lighter wheels in the After or Open market ,it depends on the Brand and Price.

Do beware of Replica wheels looks light Original ( Not all replica are poor Quality.)

just to share my view

Original wheel generally is a Better Quality (but not Best)

Original wheel is normally not light in weight (but sure very Strong for that particular car equipped with)

wheels fitted on your new car are not guaranty Original , some are locally fitted (nor original ).

you can get a Better Quality or lighter wheels in the After or Open market ,it depends on the Brand and Price.

Do beware of Replica wheels looks light Original ( Not all replica are poor Quality.)

Able to share which brand of replica rims r of good quality?
↡ Advertisement