Which is better, Original rims or change new rims

kennytansk

Preference for rims is very subjective. Wanna change, just change, dun think too much..life is more than this.

But do note that the "wow" effect will only last for months or even weeks Hahaha..

once the brake dust settle in.

no more effect.

and new rims with new paintwork , polish shine look very shiok.

once your paint work is not maintain properly, the rim no wow effect also

unless buying for performance purpose.

or your current rims is super ugly, u cannot stand looking at it for 1 more mins [;)]

↡ Advertisement

For 17" i think you can go up to 18". If stock is already on 18" then mayb can stay. But of cos its up tp your own preferences.

And agree that once brake dust set in, sian 1/2 liao.

People change rims mostly for aesthetic purpose and that I agreed.

But it's also ironic that after a decade or two or even more, most coe car I see actually look best in their stock rim. It simply gives the nostalgic feels of the original design.

And when I was shopping for used car I was always looking for stock condition and that includes using stock rims.

• Praise 1

I am getting a second hand C200 which comes with 19" staggered vertini concave rims which are in black. Actually I preferred the AMG star shaped rims and nearly thought of selling these and replacing with replica....but after reading this forum, I've decided to stick to my rims. But ofcourse if I can find a 19" original used AMG rim with the right price, than I may swap

And when I was shopping for used car I was always looking for stock condition and that includes using stock rims.

I have been driving cars with stock rims albeit upsized from 16" to 18". 

Stock rims undergo very stringent quality and testing requirements and therefore they are sturdy and they last. 

The rims that came with your car purchased from local ad may not always be true stock rims. Assuming stock rims means factory fitted from car manufacturer. Especially for bread n butter cars in sg. It can be aftermarket rims sourced by local ad. Why? Usually cheaper. You can check if the rim design is only seen on cars here in this country while the standard model in other countries has different design.

An example is sylphy sold by tan chong. Rims are still good quality though.

I am getting a second hand C200 which comes with 19" staggered vertini concave rims which are in black. Actually I preferred the AMG star shaped rims and nearly thought of selling these and replacing with replica....but after reading this forum, I've decided to stick to my rims. But ofcourse if I can find a 19" original used AMG rim with the right price, than I may swap

just my sharing

there are some replica Vertini in the market , Not sure your is the Orignal or replica

just my sharing

there are some replica Vertini in the market , Not sure your is the Orignal or replica

I'm trading in my rims and taking in C350 original Amg 19" rims at Kim Hoe. So paying $1000 for 4 rims which are in good condition.

The rims that came with your car purchased from local ad may not always be true stock rims. Assuming stock rims means factory fitted from car manufacturer. Especially for bread n butter cars in sg. It can be aftermarket rims sourced by local ad. Why? Usually cheaper. You can check if the rim design is only seen on cars here in this country while the standard model in other countries has different design.

An example is sylphy sold by tan chong. Rims are still good quality though.

Now that u mentioned, i think kinda true. My Jazz rims is 16" glossy black with the Honda logo. I think it's stock rims but after driving 5 mths, the paintwork abit discolored. Now i suspect maybe this was local rims spray black with the Honda logo only. Anyway, it didnt matter much to me cause will change rims in another 1 yr.

Now that u mentioned, i think kinda true. My Jazz rims is 16" glossy black with the Honda logo. I think it's stock rims but after driving 5 mths, the paintwork abit discolored. Now i suspect maybe this was local rims spray black with the Honda logo only. Anyway, it didnt matter much to me cause will change rims in another 1 yr.

do not judge the wheel orgin from the wheel center cap emblem, they are tonssss of stickers or emblem selling on line and market.

wheels came with your New car may not neccesary original (car maker suppplied) especial some PI car.

I'm trading in my rims and taking in C350 original Amg 19" rims at Kim Hoe. So paying $1000 for 4 rims which are in good condition.

Orignal AMG 19"  [thumbsup]

$1000 for 4 used Orignal is value for money.

Just some caution, how do you know they are Original ? 

some tips (no offence please )

look up for Orignal logo embossed on the wheels (usually behind)

Dont Trust the center cap (even is original cap doesnt is original wheel)

always ask for Official invoice (stated is pre own Original Wheels)

they are lots of copied design wheels in the market (some of them the  Quality  is Quite Good too) 

Orignal AMG 19"  [thumbsup]

$1000 for 4 used Orignal is value for money.

Just some caution, how do you know they are Original ? 

some tips (no offence please )

look up for Orignal logo embossed on the wheels (usually behind)

Dont Trust the center cap (even is original cap doesnt is original wheel)

always ask for Official invoice (stated is pre own Original Wheels)

they are lots of copied design wheels in the market (some of them the  Quality  is Quite Good too) 

yes, i did check throughly and at the back of the wheel, logo and made in germany is embossed at the back. And only when i took off my vertini wheels, i realised its made in Taiwan. So paying $1K after trade in, i'm very very happy

• Praise 1

yes, i did check throughly and at the back of the wheel, logo and made in germany is embossed at the back. And only when i took off my vertini wheels, i realised its made in Taiwan. So paying $1K after trade in, i'm very very happy

checked logo [thumbsup] made in Germany (FYI  not All Mercedes original wheels are MAde in Germany)

Vertini : not sure your is Orignal or Replica , is not surprise the Original one is Made in Taiwan.

I last thing did you request for Official invoice ?  :a-happy:

thanks for Sharing  

checked logo [thumbsup] made in Germany (FYI  not All Mercedes original wheels are MAde in Germany)

Vertini : not sure your is Orignal or Replica , is not surprise the Original one is Made in Taiwan.

I last thing did you request for Official invoice ?  :a-happy:

thanks for Sharing  

apparently the vertini wheels werent original....thats why made in taiwan. happy that i traded that for $300 changed to a original AMG rim.

19 minutes ago, riot168 said:

I'm intending to change to original 17 inch sports rim ..

the tyre shop advertised it as original stock.

how to know?

its too cheap ... $300-500 per set of 4 rims.

example.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/used-17-original-mercedes-rims-256710195?t-id=17431325_1567687048322

That is the rim that came with the CLA if I am not wrong. If yours is a Merc then its a direct fit. Else you may want to check if your car's PCD is 112 with 5 lugs.

• Praise 1

On 10/15/2019 at 8:39 AM, riot168 said:

I'm intending to change to original 17 inch sports rim ..

the tyre shop advertised it as original stock.

how to know?

its too cheap ... $300-500 per set of 4 rims.

example.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/used-17-original-mercedes-rims-256710195?t-id=17431325_1567687048322

your attached picture is Mercedes original designed (but not sure is it Orignal wheel)

I have few points to share as below

1) check the back of the wheel is it Mercedes LOGO embossed

2) check for Mercedes Parts number Embossed (like W??? or A????)

3 ) don't trust the center cap , even the original cap can still put on non original wheel

4 ) last but not least , ask the Seller (the shop or Business establishment to issue an Original Invoice stated is Original wheel)

some will scared you by need to pay 7% GST( I do not why his intention) , may be request for a Simple NOTE will also acceptable.

this clause usually Is NOT applicable to direct OWNER ( so you have to take the RISK)

happy Shopping

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1