TP: Keep sending photos, videos of errant road users!

Runforyourlife

Speeding is hard to gauge and convict from a video.

Common traffic offences are easier to spot. I always see people changing lanes without signalling. One month's work can more than cover my petrol for two months if I'm diligent enough to submit everyday.

Submit your car video Cam which also recording the speed of your vehicle using the Data base on the GPS.

GSP speed is 98% accurate (the other 2% could due to interference from buildings, bridges, tunnels, trees or clouds).... [lipsrsealed]  

If your car travelling at 90km/h and the lorry is still in front of you for 2 minutes stretch, it's speeding above its speed limit of 70km/h on highways.

If you travel at 90km/h and the lorry at 70km/h and using the lamp post the lorry pass as marking with 3 cars length ahead, you will overtake the lorry within 45 seconds on a stretch of road . :meaw:  

↡ Advertisement

typically those religious one? check out the muslim mosque on a weekly basis and on a yearly basis, the columbarium at mount vernon, really tok kong hahaha.

those think they close one eye la

Usually blanket permission has already been given by the authorities to park cars at the side of pre-defined stretches of the road. Certain distance from a bus stop, zebra crossing or entrances  are nevertheless off-limits.

But the problem is, people sometimes park outside of the permitted areas and these cars cause congestion to other road users, it then lead to people having a perception that every car there is parked illegally.

My car carm doesn't have GPS log haha.

Even if it does, the offender can always argue in court that the speed captured is not accurate and already there will be reasonable doubt in the case.

Submit your car video Cam which also recording the speed of your vehicle using the Data base on the GPS.

GSP speed is 98% accurate (the other 2% could due to interference from buildings, bridges, tunnels, trees or clouds).... [lipsrsealed]  

If your car travelling at 90km/h and the lorry is still in front of you for 2 minutes stretch, it's speeding above its speed limit of 70km/h on highways.

If you travel at 90km/h and the lorry at 70km/h and using the lamp post the lorry pass as marking with 3 cars length ahead, you will overtake the lorry within 45 seconds on a stretch of road . :meaw:  

If its $50 sure pok gai LTA, we sinkie like to kill fellow sinkies :S

Give you 50 dollars but fine the other fellow 150$.

Still got 100 dollars leh. 

how about those kuku driver that nearly cause accident but not really commit any traffic offence?

just now i going straight along amk ave 5, when nearing traffic junction, suddenly one cbk from opp direction turning right and into my path... knn, lucky i saw him from far and manage to brake in time.

this kind can report not?  

how about those kuku driver that nearly cause accident but not really commit any traffic offence?

just now i going straight along amk ave 5, when nearing traffic junction, suddenly one cbk from opp direction turning right and into my path... knn, lucky i saw him from far and manage to brake in time.

I think still can report coz this is considered reckless driving..

I saw one car try to change lane in the middle of a big traffic junction and almost langgar the car beside.

saw that it was a old lady driver and rolled my eyes

probably blur and not deliberate.

if really langgar (not near miss) then I will pass the victim my vid for insurance purposes.

• Praise 1

LTA confirm won't pok gai coz they will claw back more than $50 from the offender

Lesser revenue means increase erp!!!

Can why not... But remember mute in case u scold all e vulgarities lol.

I saw one car try to change lane in the middle of a big traffic junction and almost langgar the car beside.

saw that it was a old lady driver and rolled my eyes

probably blur and not deliberate.

if really langgar (not near miss) then I will pass the victim my vid for insurance purposes.

I also encountered similar incident today, but at entrance to MCE.. One green mercs drove by an auntie signaled left for a few mins while still going straight on lane 1. Then when I was slowly go past her on lane 2, she suddenly sway towards me from my right.. The lorry uncle behind blast his horn for me.. Kudos to him..
  • Praise 3

If you have the right of way and traffic light is in your favour, any motorist that cause you to take evasive action can be taken to task.

But you video must be able to show the inconsiderate behaviour and you must be taking evasive. Must see the registration plate too.

• Praise 1

Traffic Police: Keep sending photos, videos of errant road users

By TAN TAM MEI

There are millions of smartphones in use in Singapore, and the Traffic Police (TP) hopes to harness them to help police the road, said TP Commander Sam Tee yesterday.

"(The) TP welcomes the public to send (traffic) violation photographs and videos because it's much more powerful," he said.

"If we can harness and crowdsource that... it will go a long way to help us build a more disciplined culture among road users."

The Assistant Commissioner of Police (AC) was speaking to reporters at the release of the annual road traffic statistics at TP headquarters in Ubi.

AC Tee said the TP receives close to 500 submissions a month of videos, photos and tip-offs regarding traffic violations or errant road users.

"We continue to welcome that, and we are also looking into how to make it easier for people to submit information to us...

BEING WATCHED

"There are a lot of cars with in-vehicle cameras, so it's easy. When you spot someone beating the red light, you can just download it and send it to us via e-feedback," he said.

These submissions have played a part in deterrence and making road users more aware that they are being watched by others, he added.

The TP has also deployed a new mobile speed camera (MSC) - the first one was installed on Monday at Seletar West Link.

The MSC can detect up to 32 vehicles over a reach of five lanes at any time and is able to transmit images to TP headquarters automatically, eliminating the need to reload and retrieve wet-film negatives.

It also has its own batteries and can be deployed in just one week, compared to existing fixed speed cameras that take six months to set up.

AC Tee said: "To be fair, preceding the cameras we will have warning signs to tell people that there's a speed camera in front, please slow down.

"So our idea is not to fine him, but the idea is to deter him from speeding. And if he slows down, he saves his life and saves the lives of others."

If we can harness and crowdsource that... it will go a long way to help us build a more disciplined culture among road users.

- Traffic Police Commander Sam Tee on public participation

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/traffic-police-keep-sending-photos-videos-errant-road-users

-----

So what are you waiting for? :D Cash incentive like STOMP? :X

I think I've sent in 5 or 6 video in the past few years.

All but one, actions were taken.

I still remember two of them and one very recent.

1) At Newton Circle, I was at left lane, the other at right lane, both turning out towards Scotts road, the vehicle immediately cut into my lane making me emergency brake to prevent hitting his car, think TP gave charge him the roundabout rule, 6 demeirt points.

2) A PA plate van, driving on lane one for about 5 km. I was driving behind that van all the time, the driver drift in and out from lane 1 to lane 2, most of the time straddle on both lane. At one point almost hit a motocyclist at lane 2. After I drove past him, I can see his head is looking down. That idiot probably using handphone. That I also reported to TP.

Almost killed a motorcyclist. He broke a few traffic rule, 1) Speeding. 2) Not driving in lane and think the endangering the motorcyclist have most demerit point.

3) Was 3 weeks ago, on the way home at cross junction turning right with green arrow lighted. I was on the right most lane, the motorist at fault on the 2nd right lane, he has another vehicle ahead of him another behind him.

The green arrow start the 1st blink, the 1st vehicle brake to stop, this 2nd car abruptly cut into my lane at 3rd blink, causing me to make e-brake, while I gave him a long blast of horn. But I managed to stop in time, This driver, still have sufficient time to stop, but chose to beat the redlight.

I thought I will not submit such incident to TP. Since it's really close to the last blink.

But this guy, chose to stop his car after turning right, after beating red light, decided to block other adjacent traffic, wound down window, sticked his head out, just to show me his middle finger.

So after I went home and check the video, he indeed cross the line after fully turn red. Then because both my kids any my wife were onboard, so if I couldn't stop in time, probably they will be affected too.

The IO even reply the email to me.

Dear Sir,

I refer to your report lodged against vehicle, SXX0000X.

2               Traffic Police have investigated the case and have taken appropriate action against the driver involved.

3               Thank you.      

SSgt XXXXXXXXXX

Investigation Officer

Traffic Police

Singapore Police Force

DID: (65) 6547 XXXX | FAX: (65) 6547 XXXX

A Member of the Home Team – Keeping Singapore Safe and Secure

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 3

This is an excellent avenue for citizens to police the road, and at the v same time help to generate revenue for the government via the fines.

With extra revenue generated via this channel, hopefully they don't raise petrol excise duties again and any other ideas that they might have, eg. Raise rd tax, ERP etc.

I met one irresponsible driver this morning at 6.50am along CTE toward Yishun.

As I came out to CTE from PIE, he was already behind me and tailgating me since. (Can't see his number plate from my rear view mirror)

Whilst filtering into CTE into the 3rd lane, he too was behind me and still tailgating. I slowed down my speed to 70km/h to see if he wants to overtake me but did not for a stretch of 600 meters (after Braddell Road flyover).

And since he did not want to overtake me, I signalled to filter into 2nd lane and he did the same with aggressive acceleration. I already moved halfway into the road divider lane marking and he came behind (with weekends plate aka red plate) with high-beam causing me to filter back into the 3rd lane immediately. [furious]

Thereafter, he proceed and filter into 3rd again after AMK Ave.1 flyover and go behind some vehicles travelling on the 4th & 3rd lane. Was thinking that he was going to turn into AMK Ave 3 exit but did not. He proceed straight and cutting in & out, playing with vehicles in lane 4 and lane 3. That bloody driver could have use the 2nd or 1st lane as there are no vehicles in this 2 lanes.

He just want to play with those vehicles showing his driving skill iszit.. :nosepick:. I can take him anytime, anywhere, any situation and "put him in my pocket". It just that I have lost interest in this daredevil driving & racing 12 years ago (past the age leow). Now more of Defensive Driving. 

He proceed straight and exit at YCK junction. From PIE exit to CTE to YCK exit was about 6 kilometre long and if he isn't playing with traffic, he should have use lane 1 or lane 2 along CTE... [hur] . I exit CTE at Seletar Aerospace exit to Sengkang West Road.

You will meet with a serious accident if you going to drive that way .. :yuush: or is he one of those who stage accident to claim insurance group. :serious-business: . 

If earlier I still proceed with changing lane and he crash onto me, he can claim that I filter into his lane. Knowing that I took a deviate action by returning to my own lane, he proceed straight and tried other vehicles... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

This kind will consider as inconsiderate driving. Still can get summon. Anything you do on the road that causes another driver to have to take evasive action is considered as inconsiderate/reckless driving.

You went to the wrong channel la. See their reply to me.

Yes, they should give feedback.

Are they a cost center or revenue generator?

Cost centre la. Total Home expense for 2014 was 5bn. As there is no breakdown for "fines" revenue, I assume they are clustered under "total charges and fees" of 3bn in the same year.

Despite spending so much under Home, they still want citizens to help out extensively for free.

I say they are not using taxpayers monies effectively, ie, wasting our tax paid.

If you ask me, I think the existing Home personnel are paid too much and not being productive.

So this is the way brave new Singapore is developing.

No need for police outside the station whether it be on the road as TP or policing the estates etc etc.

All they need to do is sit in a/c offices in front of computer screens and watch the results of camera phone videos and in car cameras.

Where can I sign up for a job.  Must be perfect for retirees.

↡ Advertisement