Ford Grand C-Max

Docomospur

But maybe I should stop thinking about FC and just  [drivingcar] 

Guys, that's why we bought our respective Fords didn't we?

Whether it's the Focus RS, the Mondeo, the Kuga ... I know I didn't buy it for the FC, else I would have bought a Prius instead!

↡ Advertisement

yes you got it! 

just enjoy the ride :D 

Guys, that's why we bought our respective Fords didn't we?

Whether it's the Focus RS, the Mondeo, the Kuga ... I know I didn't buy it for the FC, else I would have bought a Prius instead!

Spoken to the SE, Ford is offering 5 yrs warrenty and included a 3yr or 60,000km service package for th C-Max.

Hence like to know how the reliability of Ford cars? I meant after 4-5 yrs, whether the car still pleasent to drive.

Typical how much is the servicing cost, whether parts are easy and costly to obtain? Is there many workshop beside the AD able to services the cars?

2008 Mondeo (first hand) 2008-2015 sold to upgrade

2006 Focus ST (3rd hand) 2013-2015 sold to upgrade to RS

2010 Focus RS (2nd hand) 2015-current 

2014 Ford S-Max diesel 2.0 turbo 2015- current

maintenance wise none of our 4 fords have any issues at all other than engine mounting changed once at 5 y.o. mark. fords are just confidence inspiring but i believe that many singaporeans are still sketchy about buying fords because of the bad reputation it has from many many years back, such as drink fuel like drink water and maintenance issues. 

maintenance wise many guys in the fordclub will recommend a mechanic in sinming (used to work in ford servicing centre) 

Spoken to the SE, Ford is offering 5 yrs warrenty and included a 3yr or 60,000km service package for th C-Max.

Hence like to know how the reliability of Ford cars? I meant after 4-5 yrs, whether the car still pleasent to drive.

Typical how much is the servicing cost, whether parts are easy and costly to obtain? Is there many workshop beside the AD able to services the cars?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Popped in to check out the Grand C-Max, pricing around $128k. Worth it imo, as it comes with all the trimmings!

Pre-Collision Assist, lane keeping, adaptive cruise, advanced park assist, SYNC2 (or maybe it's SYNC3, not sure) touchscreen, ambient lighting, etc.!

Popped in to check out the Grand C-Max, pricing around $128k. Worth it imo, as it comes with all the trimmings!

Pre-Collision Assist, lane keeping, adaptive cruise, advanced park assist, SYNC2 (or maybe it's SYNC3, not sure) touchscreen, ambient lighting, etc.!

Is the middle seat in the 2nd row really that bad, especially in comparison to similar models like the Carens and 216GT? Aside from this potential issue, it really seems like good value.

Turbocharged

Is the middle seat in the 2nd row really that bad, especially in comparison to similar models like the Carens and 216GT? Aside from this potential issue, it really seems like good value.

Ah. I was in a little bit of a hurry so I didn't check the back seats. [blush]

I like the C-Max 2nd row middle seat, it can be store away under one of the 2nd row seat forming a corridor to access the 3rd row.

Not sure about 216GT but I don't feel it any smaller than Carens, at least my wife is not complaining. 

Price wise, it on par with most European car, no point comparing price with Korean and Japanese make. 

Wow!!!

bro, how much mileage are you getting for your diesel s-max?

do you need to pop anything into the tank to meet the euro 5 diesel requirement?  citroen needs to pop the adblue, so I am wondering if there is anything equivalent for the ford diesel?

have not test drove the C-Max nor the BMW 2 series tourer. However, this is my past history with ford cars

2008 Mondeo (first hand) 2008-2015 sold to upgrade

2006 Focus ST (3rd hand) 2013-2015 sold to upgrade to RS

2010 Focus RS (2nd hand) 2015-current 

2014 Ford S-Max diesel 2.0 turbo 2015- current

I can't tell you for sure what the C-Max has given. but my dad and I have tested all 4 of these on both local and Malaysian territories and these cars really out perform most of the japs in the same class/price range. All we can say is the blue oval is severely under-rated because they are only able to outshine its competitors on the highway. A lot less struggle at higher speeds is what I would say. 

Definitely, fuel consumption may lose to it's japanese competitors but weight is something that prevents your car from 'floating' at higher speeds and the safety that comes with these cars are amazing. 

The mondeo had a minor kiss in the back when a driver accidentally released his brake at a red light. The mondeo bumper got 2 small hole because of the red plate bolt which sticks out. other than that, no problem but the honda jazz bumper and bonnet was alr dented upwards. The guy who bumped into us was friendly and was even impressed the difference in damage to both cars. 

We have also tested the focus mk3 and the new mondeo 2.0l and 1.5l (with paddle shifts) and I must say, they all are very impressive. Esp when the new mondeo 2.0l is competing with almost Merc E-class already. 

Ford make good cars. Good handling, performance and interiors. Unfortunately it was marred by many peoples old thinking of high maintanence cost and low resale values. Regent Motor seemingly unwilling to spend more on advertising and marketing didn't help the brand either.

Seen the C max and felt the features and interior almost on par with BMW 216d GT. Quite impressive but the only turn off for me is the sliding door. It's manual not electric. Nowadays MPV with electric sliding doors are like the norm. Even the older and cheaper Mazda 5 comes with electric sliding doors.

On Singapore roads easily >700km per tank

On malaysia roads if mostly highway, have hit over 1000km on a single tank. trying for 1100km next time round up north ;) 

nope never put anything into tank. just pump euro 5 diesel and go alr 

btw go try out euro 5 diesel from BHP in malaysia. after using theirs my car feels smoother 

bro, how much mileage are you getting for your diesel s-max?

do you need to pop anything into the tank to meet the euro 5 diesel requirement?  citroen needs to pop the adblue, so I am wondering if there is anything equivalent for the ford diesel?

Edited by WeiYangMok

Ford make good cars. Good handling, performance and interiors. Unfortunately it was marred by many peoples old thinking of high maintanence cost and low resale values. Regent Motor seemingly unwilling to spend more on advertising and marketing didn't help the brand either.

Seen the C max and felt the features and interior almost on par with BMW 216d GT. Quite impressive but the only turn off for me is the sliding door. It's manual not electric. Nowadays MPV with electric sliding doors are like the norm. Even the older and cheaper Mazda 5 comes with electric sliding doors.

Oh? Not electric sliding doors? Then the door would be pretty heavy to slide...

Any idea of the price for the Focus and Fiesta???

Thanks

Oh? Not electric sliding doors? Then the door would be pretty heavy to slide...

It's not that heavy to slide but the design of the sliding door is slightly sloping down towards the front so you need to open fully to ledge onto the catch if not it will easily slide forward and slam shut. Imagine someone's hand is there, that's gonna hurt big time.  [bigcry]

On Singapore roads easily >700km per tank

On malaysia roads if mostly highway, have hit over 1000km on a single tank. trying for 1100km next time round up north ;)

nope never put anything into tank. just pump euro 5 diesel and go alr

btw go try out euro 5 diesel from BHP in malaysia. after using theirs my car feels smoother

@weiyangmok so typically how many km per litres of diesel?

Today i saw advert for opel zafira tourer 119800 and chevrolet orlando 99800 really kind of swung my looks over to them too.

↡ Advertisement