Toyota C-HR

Carbon82

what kind of input would you need? you need to provide some info on your needs or some questions for us to answer... 

C-HR hybrid is a good car. 

sorry for my virgin post. lol! I'm not sure if I post correctly for this type of questions.

1) based on PI hybrid car, will it really affect the resales value? or actually hybrid car already killing the resales value? I might selling this car after 5-7 years of usage.

2) I will definitely drive this car up north once a month to Malaysia (KL/Penang) . How is CHR (1.8+hybrid) compare to Mazda 3 1.5ltr engine in term of power , handling, and comfortable. I really doubt Mz3 1.5ltr performance here. as I know in Malaysia, Mazda3 come with 2.0ltr to suite more to Msia driving situation (distance and speed) 

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

sorry for my virgin post. lol! I'm not sure if I post correctly for this type of questions.

1) based on PI hybrid car, will it really affect the resales value? or actually hybrid car already killing the resales value? I might selling this car after 5-7 years of usage.

2) I will definitely drive this car up north once a month to Malaysia (KL/Penang) . How is CHR (1.8+hybrid) compare to Mazda 3 1.5ltr engine in term of power , handling, and comfortable. I really doubt Mz3 1.5ltr performance here. as I know in Malaysia, Mazda3 come with 2.0ltr to suite more to Msia driving situation (distance and speed) 

Thanks!

We have the Mazda 3 2L in SG also... don't need to restrict yourself to buying rental car grade models and then run the risk of some strangers entering your car when you are waiting for someone at the lobby 

Gosh, another one who buys cars to please used car dealers. Please buy what u like and can afford. 

Used car dealers will always have plenty of ways to low ball you even if you get the so called best resale value car in sg... the Altis. 

Always plan to drive a full 10 yrs in today's climate. 

We have the Mazda 3 2L in SG also... don't need to restrict yourself to buying rental car grade models and then run the risk of some strangers entering your car when you are waiting for someone at the lobby 

Gosh, another one who buys cars to please used car dealers. Please buy what u like and can afford. 

Used car dealers will always have plenty of ways to low ball you even if you get the so called best resale value car in sg... the Altis. 

Always plan to drive a full 10 yrs in today's climate. 

thanks for the feedback!

Some how now only realize there is a so called "rental car grade", haha! And seem like the topic of autolock issue in Mazda forum getting really hot. Actually I do not care about both.

The 2.0L to be honest is slightly above my budget. 

Well said on the used car dealer.I do get what you mean, i should not ask in the first place.

How about input for the number 2? 

Hybrid is not exactly that fast. I have a friend who owns one, and he mentioned that once the battery is used up, the acceleration is like 12seconds+. lol

Really.

How he drove till the battery can be used up?

I have been asking few times in this forum but none have real scenario.

Can share.?

Hybrid is not exactly that fast. I have a friend who owns one, and he mentioned that once the battery is used up, the acceleration is like 12seconds+. lol

You hearsay from your friend, But do you actually experience it?

Refer to my post #624 about my past prius with spolit battery & hybrid system before taking your friend's words for real. 

You hearsay from your friend, But do you actually experience it?

Refer to my post #624 about my past prius with spolit battery & hybrid system before taking your friend's words for real.

Yes, I did. You need the battery to have a certain % to extract the maximum power output to assist the engine in acceleration. If it's not true, then are you sure the C-HR Hybrid can get the full acceleration from both the engine and motor and constantly maintain 0-100km/h in 11 seconds everytime? Even Formula 1 cars can't do that once the battery is low

Really.

How he drove till the battery can be used up?

I have been asking few times in this forum but none have real scenario.

Can share.?

Actually you can.

Back in 2013, I rented the 1st gen Honda Freed hybrid at Hokkaido

Considering there are plenty of hilly terrain in Hokkaido, esp the Kamikawa/ Daisuetzusan National Park area, there's alot of uphill driving...

I manage to deplete the batt which resulted the car to go into regen mode. The batt meter showed charging and the car hummed abit as the engine was frantically trying to charge up the batt. 

That weak Honda 1.3L IMA engine struggled like mad going uphill and charging the batt at the same time. Seriously I was going petal to the metal frequently just to maintain decent pace. 

It's a good thing that Japanese motorists do not horn or give u the international greeting hand sign  when u hog the road. They just follow patiently behind you. 

thanks for the feedback!

Some how now only realize there is a so called "rental car grade", haha! And seem like the topic of autolock issue in Mazda forum getting really hot. Actually I do not care about both.

The 2.0L to be honest is slightly above my budget. 

Well said on the used car dealer.I do get what you mean, i should not ask in the first place.

How about input for the number 2? 

One thing I cannot accept is that our local spec Mazda 3, even the 2L... doesn't have 6 airbags!

The 2L had 4 only while the 1.5 just 2... totally unacceptable in 2018..esp when ours cars are the most expensive in the world 

Yes, I did. You need the battery to have a certain % to extract the maximum power output to assist the engine in acceleration. If it's not true, then are you sure the C-HR Hybrid can get the full acceleration from both the engine and motor and constantly maintain 0-100km/h in 11 seconds everytime? Even Formula 1 cars can't do that once the battery is low

The hybrid car accelerate by using power from the engine & electric motor, not battery. Even with depleted battery or in the case of mine (damaged battery with 0% charge), the electric motor will draw the electric source from the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUerNIgKh4

Still need dictionary?? 

Go try out smoove's toyota aqua & you will understand how it works.

Edited by Sugimoto

Actually you can.

Back in 2013, I rented the 1st gen Honda Freed hybrid at Hokkaido

Considering there are plenty of hilly terrain in Hokkaido, esp the Kamikawa/ Daisuetzusan National Park area, there's alot of uphill driving...

I manage to deplete the batt which resulted the car to go into regen mode. The batt meter showed charging and the car hummed abit as the engine was frantically trying to charge up the batt.

That weak Honda 1.3L IMA engine struggled like mad going uphill and charging the batt at the same time. Seriously I was going petal to the metal frequently just to maintain decent pace.

It's a good thing that Japanese motorists do not horn or give u the international greeting hand sign when u hog the road. They just follow patiently behind you.

One thing I cannot accept is that our local spec Mazda 3, even the 2L... doesn't have 6 airbags!

The 2L had 4 only while the 1.5 just 2... totally unacceptable in 2018..esp when ours cars are the most expensive in the world

If I'm not wrong, the CHR also 4 airbags in basic s models. Some one please enlighten me for my wrong.lol
  • Praise 1

Sometimes I am just so admired the forumers' spirit of persistency here....

I guess that's how MCF communities work.

I guess also later I will get fireback.

Ha ha.. Let's see, let's see...

If I'm not wrong, the CHR also 4 airbags in basic s models. Some one please enlighten me for my wrong.lol

Nope its 6 airbags standard across the range

• Praise 1

The hybrid car accelerate by using power from the engine & electric motor, not battery. Even with depleted battery or in the case of mine (damaged battery with 0% charge), the electric motor will draw the electric source from the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUerNIgKh4

Still need dictionary?? 

Go try out smoove's toyota aqua & you will understand how it works.

When I meant drawing the power out from the battery is to power the motor.... And when the engine is powering both the wheels and the motor, there are horsepower losses from the engine which will be used to operate the motor. And that's where the acceleration gets compromised.

• Praise 2

Sometimes I am just so admired the forumers' spirit of persistency here....

I guess that's how MCF communities work.

I guess also later I will get fireback.

Ha ha.. Let's see, let's see...

If scare fireback then dun comment too much will do.

Wan to accept then accept, don't want to accept then don't accept.

No need to guess, no need to see. Thats how the communities works.