To rekindle the kampong spirits today... possible?

A_korusawa

hi, all

much has talked about our livelihood in this country - past, present & future . . .

so many have had happened, especially from maturity of internet into 'screen faced ppl' everywhere (face glued to smartphones, tablets etc.) - only these faces :mellow: available . . .

http://kindness.sg/the-kampong-spirit/

most of all, the way our governments and public services (town council, police, lta, nea, hdb & son on) have become these days where its really nothing more but Pay And Pay!

with such pace established today . . . is it possible to rekindled those kampong spirits from the 70s & 80s to this new 2010s & 2020s?

[nod] , :omg: or [hur] ???

Edited by A_korusawa
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

As long as my neighbours are as peace loving as me, don't come and kachiaw me. I super happy liao.

Kampong is something from the past and not for urban cities.

• Praise 10

Some mature estates where neighbours have lived there for 20-30 years may still have this, new estates all doors shut until tight tight de, doors are hardly open

Much also depends on type of neighbours, some super kpo de, most youngsters like privacy wont like to mix too

• Praise 4

during a recent cny dinner with the GRCs, this topic 'to rekindled teh kampong spirit' was raised . . .

one gentleman raised . . . 

' how can? nowadays everything's pay & pay . . . can the gahmen lead by example onot?

wahhh, you can see the whole table went total silence until another raised a new topic , , ,

• Praise 5

during a recent cny dinner with the GRCs, this topic 'to rekindled teh kampong spirit' was raised . . .

' how can? nowadays everything's pay & pay . . . can the gahmen lead by example onot?

wahhh, you can see the whole table went total silence until another raised a new topic , , ,

brave man ! Kudos 

• Praise 8

well . . . .

will you or your neighbour do this?

- inform you if your car light is still on/ door not locked/ window down etc.

- inform you what events that happened to your house during yoru absence

- stop/reason with car park warden on your behalf for your car when you are not around

- open your door for their kids to come in instead of waiting

- request a ride/ offer a ride

- offer help even w/o asking

- pass door key to you for an errant etc.

these days, the above hardly happens . . .

• Praise 1

in today's context kampong spirit can exist if minimum conflict among neighbors.

so what you can think of?

1. personal lift landings to your home so you don't see your neighbors when you come back.

2. thicker walls,ceiling and floor so that your home sound proof.

when you see them downstairs and don't know where they come from,there is kampong spirit. :mellow:

• Praise 2

Why these kumpong spirit has to be gahment lead? It's more of the mentality of the residence. 

It starts with the residence, if you want to foster a kumpung spirit, it starts with you. Start to greet every neighbor. Let you children play downstairs and mixed with other kids. Hang around more often downstairs or community area like playground, play ball at the basketball court. These type of things also want gahment to lead? 

• Praise 9

Why these kumpong spirit has to be gahment lead? It's more of the mentality of the residence.

It starts with the residence, if you want to foster a kumpung spirit, it starts with you. Start to greet every neighbor. Let you children play downstairs and mixed with other kids. Hang around more often downstairs or community area like playground, play ball at the basketball court. These type of things also want gahment to lead?

in other words, dun wait for the kampong to come to you, go create one.

nowadays people keep upgrading after MOP, how to stay in a place long enough to build the relationship?

• Praise 7

well . . . .

will you or your neighbour do this?

- inform you if your car light is still on/ door not locked/ window down etc.

- inform you what events that happened to your house during yoru absence

- stop/reason with car park warden on your behalf for your car when you are not around

- open your door for their kids to come in instead of waiting

- request a ride/ offer a ride

- offer help even w/o asking

- pass door key to you for an errant etc.

these days, the above hardly happens . . .

All have except key and parking warden

My neighbours super solid people

in other words, dun wait for the kampong to come to you, go create one.

nowadays people keep upgrading after MOP, how to stay in a place long enough to build the relationship?

Take initiative to build lor

The stronger the bond, the less likely funny things people do

People will be more look out for each other

• Praise 5

Supercharged

I showed kampung spirit reportg illegal parking at resident lot thru the Fishball Stick Reportg Ctr w pict etc. Only to hv my area hdb to ask me to fill them in the dtails again, funny thing, their email to me hv all the dtails. Therefore, plse dont say that WE hv to wait for govt to initiate.

• Praise 7

Agree.

In my estate, most kids playing at the playground are those 'ill-behaved' locals or foreigners. Most locals kids are either staying at home playing computer games or go for enrichment classes. Things like parents/grandparents playing badminton/ball with their kids/grandchildren seem to be  FT-thing. My kids are the minority....but they enjoy their time at playground. :)  

• Praise 6