Hybrid wiper blades?

7hm

Turbocharged

Anyone tried the newer "hybrid" type wiper blades? The kind where it's like a beam-type wiper blade, but has a shroud frame to protect it or improve evenness of pressure or some marketing bollocks.

E.g. Michelin Stealth,

MichelinUltraStealthWiperBlade_zps070b01

or Trico Sentry

SentryProductImage.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I usually get from Stamford, call to check if there's sales, $36 for 2 pieces (26"). Multi connector can fit most cars

Supercharged

Anyone tried the newer "hybrid" type wiper blades? The kind where it's like a beam-type wiper blade, but has a shroud frame to protect it or improve evenness of pressure or some marketing bollocks.

E.g. Michelin Stealth,

or Trico Sentry

SentryProductImage.jpg

wah bro... you midnight shift or bad case of insomnia?

Anyway will try this after my car comes back from workshop...

Wiper also got hybrid? Lol.....

I'm using normal Bosch ECO framed wipers for more than a year now.. no problem at all. Just have to clean the rubber blades regularly with paper towel.

Any wiper blade that can clear my windscreen effectively in the rain is a good wiper blade.

No concern about longevity or price?

No concern about longevity or price?

not really. On average, I am only forced to think about changing wipers around 3-4 yrs of ownership.

Nothing wrong with OEM parts.

Turbocharged
(edited)

:a-panic: 

Where to get? How much is it?

On Amazon, some like Michelin Stealth are around US$13 now. Most are in US$15~US$20 range... per blade (28 inches)... I think it's considered expensive, it's around SGD$20~S$30 per 28 inch blade. Add in some shipping and it's more than that, unless bulk group order.

In SG, I have no idea where might be selling and no idea how effective they really are.

I think the result is a wiped windshield just like any other wiper, but the theory is that they provide better aerodynamic properties by using a one-piece design like beam blades to avoid wind lift, and use pressure-point suspension systems to press more evenly like frame-type wipers.

...also look a bit cool lor, [laugh] but a bit bulkier than plain beam wipers.

I suppose in SG the real problem for us is whether the rubber can tahan our weather.... where got ice... but most of the hybrid wipers are supposed to be high end models, so most brands use the higher grade all-season rubber for them.

Better to buy cheap rubber ones and replace every 6 months.

probably ... though i suppose if can last longer and don't have to replace so frequently it's also good bah. My car came with the frameless beam kind and now it feels like it's time to plan for a replacement....

Edited by 7hm

(edited)

Amazon best seller are Bosch ICON and RainX Latitude. I read the reviews and they say they are good in extreme cold and hot conditions blah blah blah.

I just get the cheapest from places like autobacs be it Bosch or Hella and replace them. Some I only replace the wiper blade coz my big wiper has a wind deflector on it. Rear wiper also replace just the blade using wiper refill.

Actually a lot of wipers can be just replaced with the blade refill. Workshop ppl knows how to do it but charge you the price of replacing the whole wiper.

Depending on your original wiper. My previous Civic FD they also just replace the wiper blade. A lot of car owners do not know how to do it and they replace them with other wipers.

Wiper blade refill do cost more at $18-$25 depending on length. Those regular wipers like bosch or hella cost just $9-$15. The regular wiper the blades are easy to remove as well. So I just buy them and swap the blades. The cheapest way. If got time I take photos and post it here. I believe a lot of cars especially mpv, suv, cuv, all have rear wipers and they do not know how to replace it cheaply.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Anyway will try this after my car comes back from workshop...

OT a bit, go WS add hyperdrive?

Supercharged

OT a bit, go WS add hyperdrive?

no leh... actually wanted to repair air con compressor, but manage to salvage the situation by replacing relay. Then O2 warning light came on, have to replace sensors but left 2 years so sua, reset and see how after servicing. Then, during checks, found bushing cui, drive shaft cui... my heart also cui.  :TT_TT:

(edited)

The latest Hybrid style of wiper blades combine the aerodynamic properties of the flat style wiper blade with the reliable performance of the conventional style wiper.

I bought a pair from Korea thru Qoo10, for about $16 inclusive of postage.. Look very nice, but only last about 4mths..After that, it merely sweep water nia, very blur.. Bought denso normal wipers at Esso, last for a year liao,so good.. Edited by Optramagnum

Neutral Newbie

Just out of curiosity, does this wiper make any sound when wiping. I am trying to find one that wipes well and doesn't make a damn sound. Any recommendation out there?

E.g. Michelin Stealth,

or Trico Sentry

SentryProductImage.jpg

↡ Advertisement