Nokia's lesson to the world

Wt_know

(edited)

http://www.desispy.com/technology/we-didnt-do-anything-wrong-but-somehow-we-lost-nokia-ceo-steve-ballmer/551817/

Nokia has been a large and respectable company. They didn’t do anything wrong in their business, be that as it may, the world changed too fast. Their rivals were too capable. Other companies like Samsung, Sony, Intex, Lava, Micromax comes up with advanced features to attract the audience in Mobile Industry.

this is a very very expensive and painful lesson

even singapore is doing well today

we must continue to excel and change

else we will be left behind and obsolete [sweatdrop]

post-7984-0-24616300-1456975302_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

http://www.desispy.com/technology/we-didnt-do-anything-wrong-but-somehow-we-lost-nokia-ceo-steve-ballmer/551817/

Nokia has been a large and respectable company. They didn’t do anything wrong in their business, be that as it may, the world changed too fast. Their rivals were too capable. Other companies like Samsung, Sony, Intex, Lava, Micromax comes up with advanced features to attract the audience in Mobile Industry.

edited your title wait pl think this is liverpool or chelsea thread....and them reds will riot agst me...hahahah or @spring

I still got a working condition E52  [:p]

i stil have my E90 communicator  [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I still got a working condition E52  [:p]

I also had one too: it was a very good phone at its time, with a solid and premium feel.

I also had one (dunno whether it is still around), but it was kinda bulky and unwieldy.

• Praise 1

(edited)

ok ok, your one bigger than my one ....   :TT_TT:

:XD:  :XD:  :XD:

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

I also had one too: it was a very good phone at its time, with a solid and premium feel.

yeah, the E52 was really good to use. good phone like the 8250.

but alas, now smart phones and touch screens are they way to go already.

Its all called Disruptive Technology.... its the "in thing" , same way Kodak went too, and black berry (akan datang)  even Wang Labs and many other lesser household brands and even the same way steam trains (boiler technology went)   

(edited)

take home lesson

1. if you think you are high up there, better look again ... there is always another mountain higher

2. if you see the wind is changing ... better change fast ... even Apple has to make iPhone Plus and iPad Pro with stylus (although only after Steve bye bye)

3. no MNC is indestructible ... i can vaguely recalled when i use the first Motorola car phone that was phenomenal ... life changing and history making

motorolabagphone.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

This is the problem with tech companies. Look at motorola, the first handphone maker, where are they now?

I never liked  Nokia coz of the keypad it makes typing tedious and slow....for me LoL...other ppl I see type damn fast. I'm just not into it. I tried other phones even motorola I think called Razr cannot make it also especially typing sms.

Finally I found the phone I like which is the Palm Treo running on Windows OS, it's one of the first few phones that can surf the internet. It has a physical keypad, touchscreen, stylus and I had it paired to a external Bluetooth gps receiver. It was back then my ideal phone coz not many phones can navigate at that time. The only no good thing is that the screen is small-ish and the poor battery life.

Dan came Samsung, early phones were crap and finally Apple's iphone. I used to use a Nokia phone during my ICTs. It has the best battery life. Even on heavy usage it can last 3-4 days. But each time I use it it's like traveling back in time.

Why they dun do a andriod phone like samsung or whoever else...

I'm sure will confirm do better than blackberry lol

• Praise 1

(edited)

Why they dun do a andriod phone like samsung or whoever else...

I'm sure will confirm do better than blackberry lol

YUP! This is why they dieded. They refused to go Android, preferring to try to go their own way with symbian, then later Microsoft. If they went with Android on their beautiful handsets, they might even be thriving today. It's not that they didn't evolve, they very much did and they had some really nice handsets, they just made bad decisions. I was even tempted to buy a Nokia once, i even thought the Microsoft OS looked quite nice, just too bad no 3rd party support. So i went with SONY. 

BS... They DID made the decision to go with stupid OS instead of Android. Dun try to push the blame elsewhere for their own bad decision.

Edited by Mockngbrd

(edited)

i guess there is too much pride in nokia ... motorola too

korean phone maker jump into android fast and furious as they dont have much legacy

beside get into android is almost a no brainer as it's a freeware with miminum license fees ...

and google is doing the r&d ... what's more to ask

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement