Singapore Airlines Welcome it's first A350

Shull

But A380 take off and landing is always super smooth...

The seats configuration for lower deck, is 3-4-3, and I happened to sit in the middle of the middle section. Really have to endure throughout the flight. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Yup, but very much doubt on A350.

I took the A350-900 on Qatar Airways (QA) last year on two vacation trips to Germany.

Fyi, QA was the first airline to take delivery of the A350-900 from Airbus, and operates the airplanes from Singapore to Doha, and Doha to Germany's Frankfurt and Munich.

QA's seat configuration was 3-3-3, and it was very comfortable: the economy class seats were spacious and offered a very good legroom.

The airplane was very quiet in flight; also, the fuselage is built in such a way such that the walls are more upright, so this allows more space for window seats too.

I do not know if SQ is configuring its A350-900 in a 3-4-3 manner; if doing so, surely it'd be very cramped.

Hypersonic

I took the A350-900 on Qatar Airways (QA) last year on two vacation trips to Germany.

Fyi, QA was the first airline to take delivery of the A350-900 from Airbus, and operates the airplanes from Singapore to Doha, and Doha to Germany's Frankfurt and Munich.

QA's seat configuration was 3-3-3, and it was very comfortable: the economy class seats were spacious and offered a very good legroom.

The airplane was very quiet in flight; also, the fuselage is built in such a way such that the walls are more upright, so this allows more space for window seats too.

I do not know if SQ is configuring its A350-900 in a 3-4-3 manner; if doing so, surely it'd be very cramped.

Already mention in the 1st post. Economy class will be 3-3-3 .
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

water only ... if ship ... use champagne liao

Spray the champagne like and you will have all the crew standing under to lap it up
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Dun think it will replace all B777.

Comparing to B777, I prefer A330.

I like A330 too.. cos i choose the side, and get either aisle or window seat...

Dun think it will replace all B777.

Comparing to B777, I prefer A330.

the A350 is 20% more efficient than the older series B777-200 in SIA's fleet..

:a-m1524:  ..... most here are more interested about the seating arrangement...

I am more interest in the SIA [gorgeous]

If the flight kena few not shui one, whole journey :darkmood:   

:XD:  :XD:

embark on one of these trips. SG-LAX or SG-SFO.  :D

The legroom on these newer airbuses as good as 777?

Paiseh, seldom travel.

Only those short haul flights or 777 so far when i go overseas.

The legroom on these newer airbuses as good as 777?

Paiseh, seldom travel.

Only those short haul flights or 777 so far when i go overseas.

my guess is all about the same one ... 

can't give too much leg room also cos that would mean less seats and therefore less profits.

my guess is all about the same one ... 

can't give too much leg room also cos that would mean less seats and therefore less profits.

777 was a big upgrade over 747 though. That's why I'm asking heh.

777 was a big upgrade over 747 though. That's why I'm asking heh.

yes, old 747 had the box thingy in between the seats too.

think in terms of leg room, the newer 777s and A380 should be comparable.

honestly, have not taken SQ in last 3 or 4 years cos I go for the cheapest ...  [:p]

but I think those planes with premium economy usually are quite ok, cos its either a new plane or reconfigured ... either way, interior is fresh looking. at least CX one is.

The Qatar Airways A350 was pretty good.  Decent legroom, very modern IFE.  See the video.  Obviously I have not yet flown on SQ's A350.  Hope it is just as good.

I took the A350-900 on Qatar Airways (QA) last year on two vacation trips to Germany.

I do not know if SQ is configuring its A350-900 in a 3-4-3 manner; if doing so, surely it'd be very cramped.

SQ's A350 is also 3-3-3 in Economy.  

A new plane model joining it's fleet (the last one being the A380, and SIA's purchase of B787 "Dreamliner" transferred to Scoot).

The A350 will slowly replace the older B777 on medium and long haul routes (the first one being Singapore - Amsterdam)

Business class will be 1-2-1 configuration, Premium Economy 2-4-2 and Economy 3-3-3

There's a reason why all airlines will buy a bit of both brands.

Call me a conspiracist, but the big boys want to keep both brands in business, so that they always have a choice.

There was a time when the 777 came out and everyone thought it's downhill for Airbus from then, especially with the doomed A340. But they bounced back and the A320 was seen as a superior product to even the latest generation of 737s.

I simplified, of course. The considerations behind acquisition of aircraft are complex and not often transparent. As far as we are concerned, I just hope SIA realises how far behind the Qataris and UAE they are...

There's a reason why all airlines will buy a bit of both brands.

Call me a conspiracist, but the big boys want to keep both brands in business, so that they always have a choice.

There was a time when the 777 came out and everyone thought it's downhill for Airbus from then, especially with the doomed A340. But they bounced back and the A320 was seen as a superior product to even the latest generation of 737s.

I simplified, of course. The considerations behind acquisition of aircraft are complex and not often transparent. As far as we are concerned, I just hope SIA realises how far behind the Qataris and UAE they are...

Cannot compare Qataris & UAE with SIA. 

The two are oil rich countries and supported by their Gov whereas SIA a listed company.

In time to come when most machines don't depend on oil, this oil rich countries will take several steps back. Vehicles running on water (hydrogen) already in developing stage.  

And when scientist able to control & use nuclear (atomic fusion) power, oil will be a discarded property. Atomic fusion is always unpredictable [sweatdrop] but it will come a time where it can be controlled, it will last for years.

USA & Russia warships already running on nuclear fuel which doesn't need to refuel for 20 ~ 25 yrs but in order to produce nuclear power, they had to install the machine on the warships about the size of our 2 floors of HDB flats . When scientist are able to miniaturise the machine that extract nuclear power to the size of a car engine, oil will be redundant product.  :grin:

Too bad, my generation will not able to see it .. :a-m1524:

Then, there will come a stage whereby they need to purge the excess build up crude oil and gas underneath. Else, face severe consequences.

Cannot compare Qataris & UAE with SIA. 

The two are oil rich countries and supported by their Gov whereas SIA a listed company.

In time to come when most machines don't depend on oil, this oil rich countries will take several steps back. Vehicles running on water (hydrogen) already in developing stage.  

And when scientist able to control & use nuclear (atomic fusion) power, oil will be a discarded property. Atomic fusion is always unpredictable [sweatdrop] but it will come a time where it can be controlled, it will last for years.

USA & Russia warships already running on nuclear fuel which doesn't need to refuel for 20 ~ 25 yrs but in order to produce nuclear power, they had to install the machine on the warships about the size of our 2 floors of HDB flats . When scientist are able to miniaturise the machine that extract nuclear power to the size of a car engine, oil will be redundant product:grin:

Too bad, my generation will not able to see it .. :a-m1524:

Neutral Newbie

I thought Scoot already use this model for their flight to Don Moen Thailand? No more window shade to pull up as it is electronically controlled.

↡ Advertisement