What Happen When You Mistook A R Gear For P

Yeobt

Supercharged

Wah TS looks very young and energetic

How come always post like old Uncle like that?

ð

Am Old man pretending to look young lah. :)

Looks like in Malaysia kampung area. Maybe driver too relaxed when over there.. Let his guard down.

Kudos to TS for his quick wit and bravery. I must admit if I am in that situation, I might not have been that decisive to run to the car myself.

Probably will sound the horn and shout at the driver to warn him. Maybe by then too late... Heh

It's a pet hub located somewhere inside turf city.
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

This is why I always like to pull the handbrake if I am alighting or letting people board. It is safer cuz the car won't move even if I am in the wrong gear.

This is an important practice that some people do not even think of doing. I for safety reasons likewise engage the parking brake when getting out of the car or picking up a person, though if I'm just getting out for a minute I don't always put it in P. But parking brake will be engaged.

For my accent which is 6 speed MT, can't even engage in reverse gear unless u depress a certain button inbuilt within the gear stick.

I don't understand why people leave their engine on when they leave the car. It's just waiting for people to drive your car away. What's so difficult about shutting off the engine and starting it again later. Even if there are passengers inside it won't hurt to have the aircon off for a while.

Thats why you need SS system LOl

Turbocharged

Thats why you need SS system LOl

won't save those people because Start/Stop system generally only activate when in D and holding the brakes fully... in other words once you let go the brakes the engine come back on and start crawling forwards

• Praise 2

I don't really think he engage the reverse gear. He just engaged the neutral gear and got out. Some people do that to save time.

I don't really think he engage the reverse gear. He just engaged the neutral gear and got out. Some people do that to save time.

Erm... The hero verified that it was in reverse. Edited by Vratenza

This driver really 2 levels of goondu-ness sia... how did he step out while the vehicle was moving....

He tot two negatives made one positive.

I tried the Night Drive last night. Sian man I rev n rev still don't move. Stoopiak car

No wonder lah, this driver must have engaged the Rain gear before leaving his car.....

• Praise 1

it was raining heavily yesterday afternoon at bukit timah area. and this vios driver was so kan jiong to provide shelter for his mother

and GF waiting for him at a pickup point that he engaged a R gear instead of P. he was lucky that i was sitting inside my car at the time

and i saw the vios was actually started to move and reversing without a driver. at first i was really thought someone could have taken

over the wheel from the inside. the heavy rain dropping on my screen was also affecting my visual too. later, i decided to make a dash

to stop the car from any damages.

so guys, this is what MT is safer than AT. double check your gear position. [drivingcar]

Good job mate, are you the guy in the White shirt and pink pants :D

Supercharged

Ya, post this video knowing the rain drops on the windscreen will mask out my look. :)
  • Praise 1

it was raining heavily yesterday afternoon at bukit timah area. and this vios driver was so kan jiong to provide shelter for his mother

and GF waiting for him at a pickup point that he engaged a R gear instead of P. he was lucky that i was sitting inside my car at the time

and i saw the vios was actually started to move and reversing without a driver. at first i was really thought someone could have taken

over the wheel from the inside. the heavy rain dropping on my screen was also affecting my visual too. later, i decided to make a dash

to stop the car from any damages.

so guys, this is what MT is safer than AT. double check your gear position.  [drivingcar]

So you that tall tall guy that ran in the rain ??? kekekeke skin col abit different lel ......... 

how on earth he engaged a R and stepped out of the car  ???? possible if its in N gear  

Video timing was in 2014 ? 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 1

Ya, post this video knowing the rain drops on the windscreen will mask out my look. :)

化成灰我也认得你 !  :grin:

you love his pink pants ??? 

post-59158-0-05518900-1458126305.jpg

Wah TS looks very young and energetic

How come always post like old Uncle like that?

post-59158-0-02569300-1458126529.jpg

• Praise 3

Supercharged

So you that tall tall guy that ran in the rain ??? kekekeke skin col abit different lel .........

how on earth he engaged a R and stepped out of the car ???? possible if its in N gear

Video timing was in 2014 ?

Confirmed it was R. The R was just one step b4 the P. he mistook the R for P.