Need Repair on removing scratches

Sosaria

Supercharged

My usual body repair shop repaired for me at an amazing price. Even I also cannot believe.

At first, when he saw the damage, he told me jialat leh. Need to pull out the dent. Then he told me that it will be expensive, $120. I heard liao, immediately told him to go ahead without delay!!! [laugh]

Can share with me the address and contact number of that body repair shop? Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Can share with me the address and contact number of that body repair shop? Thanks!

Oops, I found the link in your earlier reply. Should have read more carefully. Thanks!

Justice - crime does not pay

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/hr-executive-fined-4800-for-scratching-car-of-driver-who-sounded-horn-at-him

HR executive fined $4,800 for scratching car of driver who sounded horn at him earlier
Jonathan Damian Poh Eng Wan, 54, was fined $4,800 after he admitted to committing mischief. ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Court Correspondent

SINGAPORE - A human resource consultant chanced upon the car whose driver had earlier sounded the horn at him, and decided to scratch its rear bumper out of anger.

On Wednesday (Nov 15), Jonathan Damian Poh Eng Wan, 55, was fined $4,800 after he admitted to committing mischief. He had scratched Mr Leong Liang Hee's car at the carpark of Square 2 shopping mall in Novena on Jan 31.

He has made full restitution of $820 to the victim.

Investigations showed that Mr Leong was driving his black Honda Odyssey car along the middle lane of Moulmein Road that day while Poh's black Peugeot was positioned just ahead of the victim's car.

After passing the junction of Moulmein Road and Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Mr Leong changed lanes, and moved his vehicle into the adjacent lane on the right.

Poh simultaneously also tried to change lanes and cut in front of the victim's car. This nearly caused the two cars to collide.

When Poh's car encroached upon the lane, Mr Leong sounded the horn at Poh a few times, before slowing down and allowing Poh's car to move ahead of him and into the same lane.

Mr Leong parked his car at Square 2 to run some errands.

After dropping off his wife at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Poh drove to Square 2 at about 10.30am and spotted the victim's black multi-purpose vehicle at the carpark.

Feeling angry and upset that the driver had sounded the horn at him earlier, he decided to scratch the car in revenge.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Recently just hit a column while turning left in a carpark, resulting in scratches and dents near the rear left passenger door area. Should I go back to AD work shop, read they will charge higher....... Would like some recommendations on such repair works and estimated cost. Thanks in advance.

Edited by thxgs

Recently just hit a column while turning left in a carpark, resulting in scratches and dents near the rear left passenger door area. Should I go back to AD work shop, read they will charge higher....... Would like some recommendations on such repair works and estimated cost. Thanks in advance.

ADs also outsource repair to outside WS de....I did at AD (hint hint my nick) and they billed for a brand new door (claim soneone else's insurance) yet rust spots appear within 1 year.  My regular paint shop guy said it was due to a used door.

About $150 per panel respray outside.

• Praise 1

(edited)
not sure if this is the correct thread, has anyone tried BRILA Total Car Coating System? 

Would it help to minimise the scratches on the car?

Edited by Thinker00

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, hope to hear your thoughts on this... Yesterday I scuffed another car while making a turn as he was passing thru a straight road.

My question is, does he have the right to choose a WS of his choice or does he have to follow me to mine? He is quoting $700+ for body repair which is just slight dents and scuff on his Altis.

Supercharged

ADs also outsource repair to outside WS de....I did at AD (hint hint my nick) and they billed for a brand new door (claim soneone else's insurance) yet rust spots appear within 1 year.  My regular paint shop guy said it was due to a used door.

About $150 per panel respray outside.

i also have the an experience with your same AD.. when i collect my car after service. i found a big chip on my bumper that need to respray. i told them i can do with a compensation with no need to spray for me.. so they are gentleman enough to give me a SGD400 compensation .. then i go buy touch up paint.. cover it /.. and pocket the 400Sgd/. then sold car after 2 yrs.. so i made 400$ 

Sharing is caring.. This youtube video teach us how to remove scratches DIY way if the scratch is only on the clear coat. This DIY method also save money as compared to going to workshop and spray paint whole panel. Edited by Yewheng

i also have the an experience with your same AD.. when i collect my car after service. i found a big chip on my bumper that need to respray. i told them i can do with a compensation with no need to spray for me.. so they are gentleman enough to give me a SGD400 compensation .. then i go buy touch up paint.. cover it /.. and pocket the 400Sgd/. then sold car after 2 yrs.. so i made 400$

Any reason why they so careless with your car?

Looks like it's paint transfer.. Spray wd40 and wipe the paint transfer off.

This might be applicable to my car with the same problem. Might actually try this!. Thanks for sharing

This might be applicable to my car with the same problem. Might actually try this!. Thanks for sharing

This youtuber crisfix is darn knowledgeable and very hands on. Good to subscribe him and watch his YouTube channel. Can learn a lot of handy stuff about cars.

This youtuber crisfix is darn knowledgeable and very hands on. Good to subscribe him and watch his YouTube channel. Can learn a lot of handy stuff about cars.

Will surely do it! Thanks :D

• Praise 1