Need Repair on removing scratches

Sosaria

I always park further than others, walk further is okay, take it as help to digest. Also, I park more to the corner side. If can, I look for single lot.

That said, dents are inevitable so after every few months I go get them fixed.

Turbocharged

Up for discussion as i believe there are a quite a number of new car owners here

I recently while doing a quick wash found something looks like a tiny dent in my C-pillar ... also picked up some scratches liao...

Other than those and misc scratches I cannot tell where from... so far not much, I reside in a decently considerate neighborhood

Sadly there is bigger damage from something else already... [bigcry]

Can any psychology trained experts here help me with this.

Is there a particular term or psychological description for someone who have the irresistable urge to open the car door harder and let it swing out more when he sees a shinier, newer, more expensive car beside where he park?

I understand envy but when you are doing something to another person in futile attempt to derive some pleasure (or consolation) from causing some damage to the object of envy not in your possesion, that is a whole new level of twisted b**tard.

In layman we call it green eye monster. Any more professional psychological profile for such people?

• Praise 2

Is there a particular term or psychological description for someone who have the irresistable urge to open the car door harder and let it swing out more when he sees a shinier, newer, more expensive car beside where he park?

I understand envy but when you are doing something to another person in futile attempt to derive some pleasure (or consolation) from causing some damage to the object of envy not in your possesion, that is a whole new level of twisted b**tard.

In layman we call it green eye monster. Any more professional psychological profile for such people?

I wanna up you 100 for this, but I have to content myself with just 5. :D

The German-derived word schadenfreude refers to the taking of pleasure at someone's misfortune.

But it doesn't carry the implication of having caused that trouble in the first place.

So this is even worse. I'd just call it the "sadistic, jealous, pathetic b**tard syndrome". [laugh]

• Praise 1

Morose delectation...

• Praise 4

New York Times article in 2002 cited a number of scientific studies of schadenfreude, which it defined as, "delighting in others' misfortune". Many such studies are based on social comparison theory, the idea that when people around us have bad luck, we look better to ourselves. Other researchers have found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem.[33]

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/24/arts/sorrow-so-sweet-a-guilty-pleasure-in-another-s-woe.html

Interesting read!

Morose delectation...

still not quite right, there is an active component to the behaviour.

The person will have to create the situation when the morose delectation can come into play.

I wanted to up you, but need to up another 8 people.

Those people are basically idiots. Haven't met any yet and hope not to meet them.

Twincharged

Reading this thread makes me kinda regret choosing pure black for my new ride........

My neighborhood got few new car(include myself) recently and we all "automatically" siam parking beside one pickup cos the uncle always swing his pick up door full force whether you park normally or slightly further when parking side by side.

Reading this thread makes me kinda regret choosing pure black for my new ride........

Individual preference. My car is black, previous also black and next/future car will also be black. No regret at all.

The shine after a good wash and wax will out the smile back on your face. Unlike some colours that will look "dead" when the car get older.

For my last 2 cars, the choice it was between "Silver" for easy maintenance and "Black" for the shine .... black prevail at the end.

Maybe you will grow to appreciate the colour .....

Twincharged

Just found a battery on the roof of one of my cars. Someone must have thrown it out of their window. Left 2 dents on the roof and one has the paint chipped off to bare metal already..

Twincharged

Individual preference. My car is black, previous also black and next/future car will also be black. No regret at all.

The shine after a good wash and wax will out the smile back on your face. Unlike some colours that will look "dead" when the car get older.

For my last 2 cars, the choice it was between "Silver" for easy maintenance and "Black" for the shine .... black prevail at the end.

Maybe you will grow to appreciate the colour .....

i love black cars, that is why i chose the colour. just got to accept that any scratches/dents/dings show up more.

• Praise 1

(edited)

drivers like short walking distance after vehicle is parked. Usually drivers do not like to park far away from the destination so you can prevent dents by parking far away where many lots are empty. Park to the highest storey carpark is also encourage!!! Walking far away is an exercise too. Drivers tend to walk shorter distance than non drivers as they have to walk to the bus/mrt. So give that extra walking distance of happiness when your car has no scratches.......

Edited by Jtb
  • Praise 3

Just found a battery on the roof of one of my cars. Someone must have thrown it out of their window. Left 2 dents on the roof and one has the paint chipped off to bare metal already..

Feel for you.

These kind of cases, I usually wish that the culprit gets the same kind of retribution as he walks under his own block.

A visit to the A&E and a few stitches will do. Nothing too serious.

• Praise 3

I always park further than others, walk further is okay, take it as help to digest. Also, I park more to the corner side. If can, I look for single lot.

That said, dents are inevitable so after every few months I go get them fixed.

But will still kena one day
↡ Advertisement