Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Neutral Newbie

is the Bluetooth handfree have good reception?

Will it have a lot of echo from opposite caller?

I will be interested to hear more reviews from bros who installed it.

• Praise 1

is the Bluetooth handfree have good reception?

Will it have a lot of echo from opposite caller?

Not too sure of your question but my iphone is connected to my 8750 HU via bluetooth and I can clear the caller clearly.

• Praise 1

hi,

I have just installed this model. I am trying to get the Dual Zone working so that I can listen to the radio in the front seat while my children watch their cartoon on the rear. So far I can only set the unit to play radio in front but the video output to the rear does not have any audio. Anyone has succeeded in this can share some tips with me?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

hi,

I have just installed this model. I am trying to get the Dual Zone working so that I can listen to the radio in the front seat while my children watch their cartoon on the rear. So far I can only set the unit to play radio in front but the video output to the rear does not have any audio. Anyone has succeeded in this can share some tips with me?

Hi, may I know how much you paid for the HU including installation? Thanks!
  • Praise 1

Hi, may I know how much you paid for the HU including installation? Thanks!

I paid $750 for the unit and $40 for installation. Do note that it is an export set so cannot compare the price to retail shops.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I paid $750 for the unit and $40 for installation. Do note that it is an export set so cannot compare the price to retail shops.

Thanks for sharing the price! I'm wondering what is the local set price? Also, what's the difference between the 8850 vs 8750 set?
  • Praise 1

Thanks for sharing the price! I'm wondering what is the local set price? Also, what's the difference between the 8850 vs 8750 set?

The lowest quotation I got for a local set is $980 + $30 installation. Pricing is more or less similar. Just that the installation is between $30 - $50.

What I heard of the obvious difference is the screen, 8850 uses OLED which is clearer than 8750. The other specs seemed to be the same. Since its $50 diff, I just go for the 8850.

Neutral Newbie

The lowest quotation I got for a local set is $980 + $30 installation. Pricing is more or less similar. Just that the installation is between $30 - $50.

What I heard of the obvious difference is the screen, 8850 uses OLED which is clearer than 8750. The other specs seemed to be the same. Since its $50 diff, I just go for the 8850.

Thanks again! How's the experience so far? Have you tried CarPlay? Also, my steering wheel (Toyota PriusC) has some remote control buttons on it. Would I be able to continue to use them?

Thanks again! How's the experience so far? Have you tried CarPlay? Also, my steering wheel (Toyota PriusC) has some remote control buttons on it. Would I be able to continue to use them?

I am using Android Auto to connect the HU to my S6. Having fun with the voice command and using Google maps for navigation. This is one of the reason why I went for it, the Google Map is able to recalculate or reroute using traffic conditions and spontaneously recommend the fastest route. When it is reaching the next turn, it will dim down the audio (music) to make sure I can hear the directions clearly.

As my car does not have steering controls, I am unable to comment. But the installer did say that it is universal and reminded me to keep the cables for steering controls which may come in handy some day.

Neutral Newbie

I am using Android Auto to connect the HU to my S6. Having fun with the voice command and using Google maps for navigation. This is one of the reason why I went for it, the Google Map is able to recalculate or reroute using traffic conditions and spontaneously recommend the fastest route. When it is reaching the next turn, it will dim down the audio (music) to make sure I can hear the directions clearly.

As my car does not have steering controls, I am unable to comment. But the installer did say that it is universal and reminded me to keep the cables for steering controls which may come in handy some day.

Thanks again for your reply! Cool to see that it works well with a S6, as my wife is using one :) I'm wondering if the HU can connect to my iPhone 6s and my wife's S6 at the same time :p

Thanks again for your reply! Cool to see that it works well with a S6, as my wife is using one :) I'm wondering if the HU can connect to my iPhone 6s and my wife's S6 at the same time :p

Just make sure you prepare 2 USB cables. Carplay reads IOs connection through USB1 while Android Auto reads Android through USB 2.

Neutral Newbie

Just make sure you prepare 2 USB cables. Carplay reads IOs connection through USB1 while Android Auto reads Android through USB 2.

Cool, now I am interested to get this. Can you recommend a workshop that I can go to? 

↡ Advertisement