Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing re: the Pioneer 8850BT.

Apologies for the dumb question. For phone calls where does the input come from? i.e. your phone or the 8850. Also, if you don't mind sharing, what car did you install the unit in?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Guys, any problem with playing MP4 movies downloaded directly from YouTube or Websites? I'm currently using 5850BT and can't play MP4 movies on USB. Even after I converted the file to small resolution it still failed. But the same USB I used it on my friend's 8750BT no problem at all.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Guys, any problem with playing MP4 movies downloaded directly from YouTube or Websites? I'm currently using 5850BT and can't play MP4 movies on USB. Even after I converted the file to small resolution it still failed. But the same USB I used it on my friend's 8750BT no problem at all.

http://www.hdtransform.com/

me convert from this website MP4, 8850 playing no problem

• Praise 1

The Pioneer website doesn't state that 8850 supports Android Auto though.

Can anyone using 8850 confirm this?

Is it just mirroring the phone's display? Or displaying Android Auto's card based user interface?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi to all the ICE gurus here, i'm currently using Alpine IVA502 connected to a Alpine 701 processor.

i would like to upgrade the head unit to Pioneer AVH-X8850BT to enjoy the better features.

Question to the gurus here is am i able to connect the pioneer head unit and the 701 together? 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello to all ICE seniors, I'm new here. Very New.. Need help and some advise from all experts here.

Wanted to have ICE systems for my MPV. But I do not have much knowledge about ICE. Here's my questions.

With a budget of $4300.00. am I able to have a ceiling mounted DVD player with monitor / x8850BT / a powerful amplifier to support the ICE / speakers with slightly above average sound quality. (more to listening of soft music and musical.) And to reuse back 2 built in monitor headset for the driver and passenger seats. plus I've a 8 year old subwoofer (those flat type) can it be reuse or is about time to replace ?

Sorry, if what I've asked is far too much with my budget. Or Maybe the question asked may sound silly.

Any proposal from you guys here. With be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Praise 1

The Pioneer website doesn't state that 8850 supports Android Auto though.

Can anyone using 8850 confirm this?

Is it just mirroring the phone's display? Or displaying Android Auto's card based user interface?

Android auto works on the 8850, if you are using a supported android phone. Just need to download the Android Auto APK.

It does not mirror the phone display.

It connects to your phone and enable specific apps to display on the screen.

Eg. Google Navigation (using phone GPS), Spotify, Google Now, SMS, Whatsapp notifications, etc.

Hi, May I know anyone know how to setup iPhone 6s Plus app radio with this 8850? Thanks

8850 comes with 2 USB port - USB Port 1 and USB Port 2.

If you are connecting iPhone, connect to USB Port 1.

If you are connecting Android Phone, connect to USB Port 2.

Setting up App Radio is very straight forward, just connect your phone to the USB Port 1 and the App Radio option will show up on the screen.

Thanks for sharing re: the Pioneer 8850BT.

Apologies for the dumb question. For phone calls where does the input come from? i.e. your phone or the 8850. Also, if you don't mind sharing, what car did you install the unit in?

Phone calls input come from the phone, and you can use your head unit touchscreen to answer the phone, and the voice will come out from the car speakers. You can talk using the microphone connected to your head unit.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Android auto works on the 8850, if you are using a supported android phone. Just need to download the Android Auto APK.

It does not mirror the phone display.

It connects to your phone and enable specific apps to display on the screen.

Eg. Google Navigation (using phone GPS), Spotify, Google Now, SMS, Whatsapp notifications, etc.

8850 comes with 2 USB port - USB Port 1 and USB Port 2.

If you are connecting iPhone, connect to USB Port 1.

If you are connecting Android Phone, connect to USB Port 2.

Setting up App Radio is very straight forward, just connect your phone to the USB Port 1 and the App Radio option will show up on the screen.

Phone calls input come from the phone, and you can use your head unit touchscreen to answer the phone, and the voice will come out from the car speakers. You can talk using the microphone connected to your head unit.

Thanks Spherex, i have a iphone, connect to USB1 (show on HU) using normal iphone charging cable, have installed app radio, live on iphone, still cant see the live logo on HU. tried on the car play and off, also can not....dont know what happen...

post-171288-0-83216900-1467709810_thumb.jpg

post-171288-0-15315500-1467709811_thumb.jpg

post-171288-0-59239200-1467709811_thumb.jpg

Edited by Caishen

Neutral Newbie

Hi, the installer of my 8850BT left just one of the USB cable dangling outside the glove compartment and I can't use android auto but car play works fine, does it mean they fix the cable to USB1 instead of USB2? Is there a recommended workshop that can rectify this and maybe install a nice interface at the front panel for all the interfaces (2xUSB and HDMI)?

• Praise 1

Hi, the installer of my 8850BT left just one of the USB cable dangling outside the glove compartment and I can't use android auto but car play works fine, does it mean they fix the cable to USB1 instead of USB2? Is there a recommended workshop that can rectify this and maybe install a nice interface at the front panel for all the interfaces (2xUSB and HDMI)?

Both USB 1 and 2 can be used for reading of Audio and video files. However, USB 1 and 2 are programmed to be used for Car Play and AA respectively. You may contact the original installer to help you add the USB extension cable to the other unused USB port. For HDMI, if you are driving the newer Honda models, it come with USB and HDMI panels, can see if you can connect to that. Else, you can get a USB socket (need to get the side for your car model) for the extension from your head unit.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Both USB 1 and 2 can be used for reading of Audio and video files. However, USB 1 and 2 are programmed to be used for Car Play and AA respectively. You may contact the original installer to help you add the USB extension cable to the other unused USB port. For HDMI, if you are driving the newer Honda models, it come with USB and HDMI panels, can see if you can connect to that. Else, you can get a USB socket (need to get the side for your car model) for the extension from your head unit.

Thanks!! My honda doesn't come with the USB and HDMI sockets. Where can I find such parts?
↡ Advertisement