About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Hi guys.

I got my Dad an Accent (Lake Silver) in Jul first bidding during the COE dip.

I was promised VERBALLY the car will be ready in mid Aug.

Then in mid Aug, there was a delay mentioned by the agent that it will be delayed to mid Sep because of shipment issues.

I trust the agent pretty much because he seems like a sincere man of my Dad's age.

Then today, after asking, I was inform that it will be further delayed to early Oct.

I am not sure what's wrong but I feel like a 2 months delay seems to be too much?

Any one facing the same issue and what can we do about it?

Thanks!

Just to add, the COE was secured in 2nd bidding of Jul.

The car is not here. So it's not registered. Nothing you can do. The coe needs to be tagged to a car within 6 months.

Hi guys.

Then in mid Aug, there was a delay mentioned by the agent that it will be delayed to mid Sep because of shipment issues.

I trust the agent pretty much because he seems like a sincere man of my Dad's age.

Then today, after asking, I was inform that it will be further delayed to early Oct.

I am not sure what's wrong but I feel like a 2 months delay seems to be too much?

Thanks!

Alternatively, you can head down to komoco on weekends to create a scene and demand to see the manager..
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys.

Thanks!

I am a nice guy by nature and sometimes I give chance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Pacific_typhoon_season

Seems weather has been bad lately in the region so maybe it's really beyond the control of the SE.

Some other buyers seem to have got their cars but it could be

1) cars were already in Singapore

2) shipment date ( a week earlier could make all the difference)

My two cents but I would not be banging table over this unless i needed the car urgently.

Don't intend to bang table because my SE seems like a nice guy and I believe it was not his intention to delay.

So no point putting him in bad light.

But I was wondering if there should be compensation on Komoco's part out of good gesture since it is a 2 month delay.

But again, I am not sure about this because it's my first time experiencing a car delay, especially since it's 2 month from a reputable AD.

Shipping delays quite common lar... many factors including weather, strikes by port workers, security checks, paperwork screwed up, etc... just some issues off the top of my head... just ask the SE what caused the repeated delays...

Hi guys.

If you existing car is traded in, then the later you collect your  new Accent, the better for you.

If not, you can request for a courtesy car to use in the meantime, or request for a 2 year complimentary servicing package for loss of usage.

Don't intend to bang table because my SE seems like a nice guy and I believe it was not his intention to delay.

So no point putting him in bad light.

But I was wondering if there should be compensation on Komoco's part out of good gesture since it is a 2 month delay.

But again, I am not sure about this because it's my first time experiencing a car delay, especially since it's 2 month from a reputable AD.

if the delay is really a concern... not asking you to bang table but talk to ur se and engage the manager for discussion... maybe they will hook you up an alternative?
  • Praise 1

Actually my Dad needs the car because my mum is starting work next week at a very inconvenient location.

And she chose the start date of her work because of this reason.

So... its a hassle for her to travel especially since she is not young anymore.

In addition, may I ask how long after the registration of the car, will we receive the car?

Because in my previous instant, it was 1 day after the registration but Komoco mention its 4 days in my Dad's case.

TIA!

Actually my Dad needs the car because my mum is starting work next week at a very inconvenient location.

In addition, may I ask how long after the registration of the car, will we receive the car?

Because in my previous instant, it was 1 day after the registration but Komoco mention its 4 days in my Dad's case.

TIA!

about half a week for the registration is what I experienced too

TIA!

4 days after registration is still reasonable
  • Praise 1

HI I ordered my Hyundai Accent  lake silver from komoco . late July. car just got registered yesterday. been a very long wait !!!!!    should be collecting it either today or tomorrow  . can't wait ... hows the user review of this car.??  is there group chat that I can join?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

HI I ordered my Hyundai Accent lake silver from komoco . late July. car just got registered yesterday. been a very long wait !!!!! should be collecting it either today or tomorrow . can't wait ... hows the user review of this car.?? is there group chat that I can join?

Sent you a PM with the group chat link.

When did you secure your COE? I ordered mine in early Sept and got my COE also in early Sept. But there's no news on the collection of my vehicle. A bit sianz haha.

Edited by tmtmy

TIA!

Est ur coe is $30k. Pm month coe dep is $250

And this cost is excluding ur Road tax

U should ask for compensation

Est ur coe is $30k. Pm month coe dep is $250

And this cost is excluding ur Road tax

U should ask for compensation

I thought the road tax and COE will ot start counting until they register the car? Or am I wrong?

But there is alpt of hidden cost for the delay, like mt Dad have to borrow my car to fetch my mum and I have to pay parking on both ends etc.

HI I ordered my Hyundai Accent lake silver from komoco . late July. car just got registered yesterday. been a very long wait !!!!! should be collecting it either today or tomorrow . can't wait ... hows the user review of this car.?? is there group chat that I can join?

Nice. At least you got yours.

Mine is Lake Silver as well.

But till date totally no news and cannot get a confirm date.

May I know if Komoco gave you any form of compensation out of good gesture?

Edited by dnumde

I thought the road tax and COE will ot start counting until they register the car? Or am I wrong?

But there is alpt of hidden cost for the delay, like mt Dad have to borrow my car to fetch my mum and I have to pay parking on both ends etc.

Nice. At least you got yours.

Mine is Lake Silver as well.

But till date totally no news and cannot get a confirm date.

May I know if Komoco gave you any form of compensation out of good gesture?

Oh ya.. I mistaken. I thought u registered ur car already. My bad