SGD 300,000 budget for a used car... 740i or Panamera or ?

conti-man

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. It is a used 740i G11. Yes, there are many units of 730i G11/G12 over there, but I'm not so keen on a 2 litre 4 cylinder engine.

Mind to share on your decision on the bm instead of pana? I m currently considering s or pana.

Congrats on your new ride

↡ Advertisement

Mind to share on your decision on the bm instead of pana? I m currently considering s or pana.

Congrats on your new ride

R u considering the w221 or w222 s class?

Neutral Newbie

@camrysfe sorry i duno wat w221 or w222 is wat model. I have been undecided since 6mths ago and decided to wait for the FL model launching this mth den decide again

@camrysfe sorry i duno wat w221 or w222 is wat model. I have been undecided since 6mths ago and decided to wait for the FL model launching this mth den decide again

Those are the model codes for the s class. W221 is the previous model(the one president halimah is using) and w222 is the current s class.

Do you know what engine options are available on the fl s class

S-class is more for comfort and does not provide too much driving pleasure in terms of feel of the road when you do cornering.  Straight line acceleration is fine.  As for the cabin, the current S-class has a futuristic design and appearance, more modern than those of 7-series or Pana.  Bear in mind that all S-class in SG are long wheelbase.  You will find S-class most spacious of the 3, if passenger space is important to you.

7-series provides a sporty drive when you need it, as well as a limo feel if you drive it gently.  When you need the power, it is ready at your command.  Interior features are more traditional.  The hand gesture control feature is interesting but not essential, and it is now also available in the lower ranges of BMW.  Another note is that 7-series is less commonly seen on te road than S-class.  For 7-series, you can choose between long wheelbase and standard wheelbase,

Pana is even more sporty than 7-series.  It can take corner at very high speed with minimal body roll.  It is more of a driver's car.  If you buy S-class, 7-series and Pana at the same price, you will find that you get very few optional items in the Pana.  If you tick all the boxes for the Pana to be comparable to S-class and 7-series, then it will cost quite a lot more.  Take note that if you are looking for a used car, there are not that many used version of the current Pana available yet.  You can wait for another 2 years for more choices.  All Pana are standard wheelbase, unless you get the Executive Pana, which is much more expensive,

I suggest that you do a test drive of all 3, and then make an informed decision based on which one best suits your driving style, which interior you find most appealing and a combination of all considerations.

• Praise 4

Can agree more. As mentioned earlier, the S class is super comfortable and I will want to be driven in one.

If I am the chauffeur, I will choose the G11/12 or Panny for even more engaging drive - can go for Panny Sports Turismo if more rear seating is required (although not very comfy for #3).

But that is my opinion; so as conti-man says, best is to test all 3 and decide what you want. Enjoy shopping!

S-class is more for comfort and does not provide too much driving pleasure in terms of feel of the road when you do cornering.  Straight line acceleration is fine.  As for the cabin, the current S-class has a futuristic design and appearance, more modern than those of 7-series or Pana.  Bear in mind that all S-class in SG are long wheelbase.  You will find S-class most spacious of the 3, if passenger space is important to you.

7-series provides a sporty drive when you need it, as well as a limo feel if you drive it gently.  When you need the power, it is ready at your command.  Interior features are more traditional.  The hand gesture control feature is interesting but not essential, and it is now also available in the lower ranges of BMW.  Another note is that 7-series is less commonly seen on te road than S-class.  For 7-series, you can choose between long wheelbase and standard wheelbase,

Pana is even more sporty than 7-series.  It can take corner at very high speed with minimal body roll.  It is more of a driver's car.  If you buy S-class, 7-series and Pana at the same price, you will find that you get very few optional items in the Pana.  If you tick all the boxes for the Pana to be comparable to S-class and 7-series, then it will cost quite a lot more.  Take note that if you are looking for a used car, there are not that many used version of the current Pana available yet.  You can wait for another 2 years for more choices.  All Pana are standard wheelbase, unless you get the Executive Pana, which is much more expensive,

I suggest that you do a test drive of all 3, and then make an informed decision based on which one best suits your driving style, which interior you find most appealing and a combination of all considerations.

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the input guys. been drivg beemers for the last 3 rides so wanted try somethg else. no chauffeur la but my valet drives more often den me lol. which is oso why considering S bcos of the rear bench seat. will prolly visit the 27th launch den decide

thanks for the input guys. been drivg beemers for the last 3 rides so wanted try somethg else. no chauffeur la but my valet drives more often den me lol. which is oso why considering S bcos of the rear bench seat. will prolly visit the 27th launch den decide

The usp of the new s class will be the engines and the new headlight. But I think the s320 will be a carryover from the old s class. 

11490_g77_b.jpg

Edited by camrysfe
  • Praise 1

The usp of the new s class will be the engines and the new headlight. But I think the s320 will be a carryover from the old s class. 

11490_g77_b.jpg

With S class facelift, Merc welcum back IL6.

IL6 ftw.

Wah lah the fuel consumption, all wrong.

Muayhahahahaha

Fuel consumption combined is at least 12liters / 100km

Fuel consumtion city is easily 17liters/100km

The info correct 1 or not?

yeap, the s450 has two model, one with the new in line 6 and the other with the old v6.

the model that cnc is bringing to Singapore is still using the old v6 engine. 

Edited by camrysfe

yeap, the s450 has two model, one with the new in line 6 and the other with the old v6.

the model that cnc is bringing to Singapore is still using the old v6 engine. 

Like that very sad le.