2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

it is correct. almost full spec except the eyesight system

The spec showed from sgcarmart make my FXT spec look very out dated.

when you see youtube on car reviews, the car specs are usually different from what we have here. most importantly, their engine capacity is higher.

we should have more local reviewers to better understand the car performance with local specs.

• Praise 1

The spec for Impreza is indeed correct in sgcarmart. I compared with the brochure distributed in Singapore thoroughly.

when you see youtube on car reviews, the car specs are usually different from what we have here. most importantly, their engine capacity is higher.

we should have more local reviewers to better understand the car performance with local specs.

There are some local reviews online. However, it is always good to try it ourselves because different people may have different perceptions and expectations. To me, the comfort level is good. The noise level is not quite well controlled, especially when starting.

Its time for the impreza to bring in high spec version.

Bringing in low spec version is just pitting against the altis, civic, mazda 3 and slyphy, which it can nv win

Spec it up, you are now in a conti category, but soul of a japanese

:)

Edited by Yysiong
  • Praise 1

Its time for the impreza to bring in high spec version.

Bringing in low spec version is just pitting against the altis, civic, mazda 3 and slyphy, which it can nv win

Spec it up, you are now in a conti category, but soul of a japanese

:)

Then no one will buy it... you can't breach the badge perception...

Then no one will buy it... you can't breach the badge perception...

well subaru is a niche brand and hardly manufactures 1 million cars a year. people perceptions will change if there is a product differentiation, albiet slowly, from the rest of jap cars.

i am not a fanboy of subaru. in fact i used to hate it due to various reasons.

when i am in mkt for a new car in 2016, i went from nissan to toyota to honda until i went to subaru last. while fxt may not be the best looker, the price tag vs the amt of features beats the rest, plus the legroom at rear seat. went test drive 3 times. took my colleague car for test drive too. well, now i am proud of my subaru.

• Praise 1

the high spec impreza will be WRX right?

read that subura separate the 2 lines.

No. The high spec is the normal impreza. It has both 1.6 and 2.0 versions.

Turbocharged

If they 2.0L Impreza would just come in as an additional trim level with the full suite of EyeSight and proactive safety functionality, it do could really well. [shakehead]

Forester is selling well, so it's clear that the Subaru brand is not really an issue.

Edited by 7hm

If they 2.0L Impreza would just come in as an additional trim level with the full suite of EyeSight and proactive safety functionality, it do could really well. [shakehead]

Forester is selling well, so it's clear that the Subaru brand is not really an issue.

Forester is different, there are no same car in it category price range having same performance for the XT.

Impreza there are so many 1.6L model around, and with those die hard Toyota supporter for the Altis even though it came with bare basic spec.

• Praise 1

well subaru is a niche brand and hardly manufactures 1 million cars a year. people perceptions will change if there is a product differentiation, albiet slowly, from the rest of jap cars.

i am not a fanboy of subaru. in fact i used to hate it due to various reasons.

when i am in mkt for a new car in 2016, i went from nissan to toyota to honda until i went to subaru last. while fxt may not be the best looker, the price tag vs the amt of features beats the rest, plus the legroom at rear seat. went test drive 3 times. took my colleague car for test drive too. well, now i am proud of my subaru.

And it's still made in Japan. Best.
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Forester is different, there are no same car in it category price range having same performance for the XT.

Impreza there are so many 1.6L model around, and with those die hard Toyota supporter for the Altis even though it came with bare basic spec.

True, but it seems to me there are a lot of people who would like EyeSight. Civic's lack of Honda Sensing is disappointing for some of its buyers too.

• Praise 1

Altis will have better spec for facelifted version very soon. It will be competitive.

True, but it seems to me there are a lot of people who would like EyeSight. Civic's lack of Honda Sensing is disappointing for some of its buyers too.

EyeSight is also not available in the Impreza at the moment.

Edited by wdldalian

1x Blue Sedan & 1 Red Hatch. Both with sport kit for extra $3K plus.

Test drive model only saw 1.6 hatch in standard trim.

Price wise I feel SA very sleazy.

SGcarmart quote starting from $100,800. SA says that's if trade in & without freebies.

Freebies are only solar film & in car cam. Even carmat need to 'talk'.

Test drive route too short so can't really feel the car actual performance. At one instant did tried to 'floor' pedal but response is only high rev without the 'G' force of typical auto transmission.

Doors need some force to close them.

↡ Advertisement