2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

Forester is different, there are no same car in it category price range having same performance for the XT.

Impreza there are so many 1.6L model around, and with those die hard Toyota supporter for the Altis even though it came with bare basic spec.

Die-hard Toyota fans can be easily convinced that Subaru is a good brand with these facts.

Subaru is part-owned by Toyota - i.e. Toyota feels Subaru is of a quality worth investing in.

Toyota trusts Subaru manufacturing quality enough to leave it to Subaru to build the Camry for the US market and Camry is best seller and perceived as high quality/reliability there

Toyota trusts Subaru enough to have Subaru jointly design and soley build the Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ sports car (same car but different badge).

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Die-hard Toyota fans can be easily convinced that Subaru is a good brand with these facts.

Subaru is part-owned by Toyota - i.e. Toyota feels Subaru is of a quality worth investing in.

Toyota trusts Subaru manufacturing quality enough to leave it to Subaru to build the Camry for the US market and Camry is best seller and perceived as high quality/reliability there

Toyota trusts Subaru enough to have Subaru jointly design and soley build the Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ sports car (same car but different badge).

Those ah peh don't know about this, they only recognise the badge.

1x Blue Sedan & 1 Red Hatch. Both with sport kit for extra $3K plus.

Test drive model only saw 1.6 hatch in standard trim.

Price wise I feel SA very sleazy.

SGcarmart quote starting from $100,800. SA says that's if trade in & without freebies.

Freebies are only solar film & in car cam. Even carmat need to 'talk'.

Test drive route too short so can't really feel the car actual performance. At one instant did tried to 'floor' pedal but response is only high rev without the 'G' force of typical auto transmission.

Doors need some force to close them.

For those driving CVT for the first time, it is different way of driving for normal Auto.

First no-no for CVT is to 'floor' the pedal in one go.  That is guaranteed to generate lots of noise and little movement.

Need to step a little to get the car moving first and then after that, progressively step down on the pedal and the acceleration will be quite ok.

However, because the boxer engine plus CVT combination is super smooth (the gear change is continuous and seamless) - you will NOT realise you are accelerating that much until you look at the speedometer and suddenly see your speed has gone up to some extent.  

Plus the new chassis is supposed to be super stable - so end up even less perception of acceleration.  It's like in a go-cart where you can sense everything, you seem to think you are accelerating very fast when the speed is actually not much but in a stable car (or japanese bullet train),  it becomes the opposite and you don't feel it that much.

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

I prefer sabaru tail lights but sylphy's exhaust is better. :a-no:

I don't think the sylphy exhaust show on your photo is standard. More like a premium version one.

Turbocharged

The front of the new Impreza looks sleek, but not the rectangular rear lamps.

Interesting that it still has the asymmetrical reverse light layout.

I like how the mirrors look pretty big and squarish in usable surface... some cars like Opel Astra and the Mazda3 have small small mirrors

Note there's a special price of $100,800 if you trade in your car for addition $2,000 and additional $2,000 for a 8 x non-guarantee COE bid.

Called up to confirm after the sleazy SA told me if I opt for the $4,000 off then no freebies.

How's motor image's non guarantee bidding? Gimmick? 

Note there's a special price of $100,800 if you trade in your car for addition $2,000 and additional $2,000 for a 8 x non-guarantee COE bid.

Called up to confirm after the sleazy SA told me if I opt for the $4,000 off then no freebies.

How's motor image's non guarantee bidding? Gimmick? 

$100,800 is after the $4000 off?

• Praise 1

$100,800 is after the $4000 off?

Yes. $100800 is discounted.

Suggest check with a few SA for better offers like freebies.

Those ah peh don't know about this, they only recognise the badge.

now I know [laugh] 

the price tag with the features look attractive, might go for a test drive later [drivingcar] 

U got see tai tai use charles and keith instead of LV bo, even though LV owns charles and keith? Hehe

I would say, toyota invested in subaru is part of their wider stragtegy to have more stake in the automotive industry, and also bring toyota into market they had never been strong in like europe and us

In europe, citroen c1 and peugeot 107 are jointly manufacture with toyota aygo.. but didnt see any of the 2 french badge car got flooded on the streets also. Ppl still say conti not reliable until today even when citroen uses aisin gb

So, telling ppl toyota trust subaru that why invested in it is just marketing talk to many people.

End of the day, ppl trust the brand, and not the brand that brand invested in

Unless u say subaru n toyota share same parts except engine, then ppl will be interested

Probably the test distance is short and also lotsa of idling.

For SG traffic, should be able to do 11L/100km for this type of car.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement