2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

Article praise until so good in the front but the last part is like taking a knife to kill the car. Consumption of 16 L/100km..... That's like 6+ km per L only. Extremely high. People expecting poor fuel consumption for Subaru due to 4 wheel drive but don't expect it to be this bad.

Edited by Hosaybo
↡ Advertisement

The official is 8L/100km? This works out to 12.5 km/L... which is still on the low side compared to the Elantra, Corolla, Civic, Mazda 3... which makes sense due to the AWD drive train... but 16 L/100 km is a bit too hard to believe? That's 6.25 km/L... that's super car territory... it's either a mistake or a typo...

The average of 16l per 100km is probably bcos of short distance. The guy tested it and doing the report probably never drives a new car before. The average consumption would be added up eventually and will be more realistic when time goes by. After driving my xv for 20k, it's pretty accurate now of hitting 10l per 100km for a heavy footer like me. Some of our other owner can do 7~8l per 100km which is very good for a constant awd.

• Praise 1

the fc on test drive unit is 12.5 km/l. but why the insurance is so fxxxing expensive for subaru car. was quoted $1.5K [mad] whereas HRV only $700

the fc on test drive unit is 12.5 km/l. but why the insurance is so fxxxing expensive for subaru car. was quoted $1.5K [mad] whereas HRV only $700

AIG is always Ex. Honda insurance maybe 3rd party?

AIG is always Ex. Honda insurance maybe 3rd party?

I checked Income and AXA online, both are more ex than AIG, so it is the brand Subaru........

Honda is Liberty Insurance.

Supercharged

the fc on test drive unit is 12.5 km/l. but why the insurance is so fxxxing expensive for subaru car. was quoted $1.5K [mad] whereas HRV only $700

they hear Subaru, they think WRX!

The 16L/100km consumption kills the car sales immediately. This is on par with the consumption of a Laboghini.

This figure more like my Fairlady,driving with heavy footed,i also think it is a typo error..But Ferrari of course even more...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Is 6.4L/100km but the insurance makes the car not value for money. I think AwD also higher maintenance cost than 2WD

Edited by ztsen

Forester is different, there are no same car in it category price range having same performance for the XT.

Impreza there are so many 1.6L model around, and with those die hard Toyota supporter for the Altis even though it came with bare basic spec.

I can't called myself a die hard Toyota supporter even though I had owned it for 13 years.

Yesterday I was planning to test drive Mz3, Impreza and Altis. I started with Mz3, then Impreza, the verdict is almost out. I decided to call it a day even though BM showroom is just few steps away. 

To be honest, Impreza was never in my wish list. At the last motorshow, I don't even bother to take a look as I always perceived it as "ah beng" car. However, after reading Christopher Tan's review yesterday, I decided to give both myself and Impreza a chance. If no further surprise, I should commit within next 2 months. Now waiting for "durian" to drop.   [laugh] 

they hear Subaru, they think WRX!

phew! SE made a mistake, it should be $1.1K, guess the early quote was for WRX. [laugh] 

The end of review says Alas, the test car averaged 16 litres/100km - more than double Subaru's stated economy. this really puts buyers off.

Cannot depend on 1 report,must wait for others Magazines review to get a better picture....i have heard some Newpaper/Magazines Editors got bad treatment by certain car agent,hence they anyhow write the report....anyway,in my view,i don't think a 1.6 N/A engine will be so high FC.

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

I checked Income and AXA online, both are more ex than AIG, so it is the brand Subaru........

Honda is Liberty Insurance.

Was quoted 1.2k. Yeah...is because Impreza

Ytd went to test drive Impreza... surprisingly the feel and handling is good... but then the SE show me the insurance from AIG is $2980... whereas my current insurance is $1500 0 NCD

I have been comparing with others like civic, elantra etc..... this Impreza give me the "stability" feeling which me and my wife like it

↡ Advertisement