2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

Hi

Any comments on the noise level, how does the Impreza compares to other Jap/Korean cars?

Thanks.

Very Quiet Ride.

↡ Advertisement

For fc, i always take official figure + 30%. Insurance confirm very ex for subaru cars.

Not necessary. My XT from AIG is $1.1k+, with 50% NCD.

Similar to my previous 2.0L non turbo saloon.

clarified with SE, the features sheet is the standard list for Asia. For SG, 1.6 & 2.0 are identical except 2.0 has paddle shift.

at the moment only 1.6 is for sales. the 2 display uniits at LK are 2.0 but test drive units are 1.6.

ah ok... that why wondering e.g. why 1.6 got leather seat whereas 2.0 no leather seat.

so the difference is the engine size and paddle shift.

I feel that when starting from stop, the engine noise can be heard.

Normal lah,which 1.6 Japanese car engine cannot being heard during start off.?

• Praise 1

I feel that when starting from stop, the engine noise can be heard.

I will worry if I cannot hear the engine noise. Usually for me the first signs of any mechanical fault either comes from the feel of the ride or sound. That will help me to send for checks before any further damage done to the car.

As long as the noise level is not at any discomfort range then it should be fine.

I can't called myself a die hard Toyota supporter even though I had owned it for 13 years.

Yesterday I was planning to test drive Mz3, Impreza and Altis. I started with Mz3, then Impreza, the verdict is almost out. I decided to call it a day even though BM showroom is just few steps away.

To be honest, Impreza was never in my wish list. At the last motorshow, I don't even bother to take a look as I always perceived it as "ah beng" car. However, after reading Christopher Tan's review yesterday, I decided to give both myself and Impreza a chance. If no further surprise, I should commit within next 2 months. Now waiting for "durian" to drop. [laugh]

Got a surprised call from SE there is "durian" but only available these few days only. Decided to visit the showroom again and the "durian" is too good to resist. Signed on the dot at 9pm but the color I want only available is May shipment. Promised the SE won't disclose the details but all i can say is the price is better than Altis and pre-facelift Mz3 promo price. My SE is very friendly and professional. Anyone interested can pm me for his contact. Edited by Jp66
  • Praise 1

I can't called myself a die hard Toyota supporter even though I had owned it for 13 years.

Yesterday I was planning to test drive Mz3, Impreza and Altis. I started with Mz3, then Impreza, the verdict is almost out. I decided to call it a day even though BM showroom is just few steps away. 

To be honest, Impreza was never in my wish list. At the last motorshow, I don't even bother to take a look as I always perceived it as "ah beng" car. However, after reading Christopher Tan's review yesterday, I decided to give both myself and Impreza a chance. If no further surprise, I should commit within next 2 months. Now waiting for "durian" to drop.   [laugh] 

Even die-hard Toyota supporters might be persuaded to buy Subaru.

Firstly, if they try out Subaru like you did.

Secondly, if they get to know that:

- Subaru is part owned by Toyota and so may reassure themselves that there must be some quality to Subaru - otherwise, Toyota will not dare to tie their name to Subaru's

- Subaru is trusted by Toyota enough that the US Camry (the best selling car in the US for past 14 years) had been made mainly by Subaru in Subaru's US factory and the US Camry is among the top 3 in realiability rankings for its car type

(However, Subaru now has no capacity to help Toyota due to the growing demand for Subaru's own products - so Toyota has to shift out production to elsewhere)

- Subaru is trusted by Toyota enough for Toyota to let Subaru jointly design and solely manufacture the Toyota 86 "drifter" sports car. (It's also called Subaru BRZ - both are the same car with different logo-badges)

Edited by jg2000

It's a bit loud compared with other 1.6 Jap cars.

The boxer engine start-up rumble is supposed to be nice sporty sounding :-)

But it makes up for the initial sound by having the least vibration once running.

As a boxer, the cylinders move directly opposite to each other and so cancel out each other's vibration.

The NVH of Subaru cars are very good - most passengers have no problem to fall asleep.

Got a surprised call from SE there is "durian" but only available these few days only. Decided to visit the showroom again and the "durian" is too good to resist. Signed on the dot at 9pm but the color I want only available is May shipment. Promised the SE won't disclose the details but all i can say is the price is better than Altis and pre-facelift Mz3 promo price. My SE is very friendly and professional. Anyone interested can pm me for his contact.

What colour did you go for? The last time I checked most colours were available by march shipment.  [:p]

• Praise 1

Dark blue pearl, only hatchback available in march shipment, but mine is sedan.

how about yours?

What colour did you go for? The last time I checked most colours were available by march shipment.  [:p]

Edited by Jp66

Dark blue pearl, only hatchback available in march shipment, but mine is sedan.

Dayum nice choice, I went for a red hatchback with the STI kit. Just felt more sporty to me I guess. 

Edited by Arpeqqio

I was in a dilemma beween bue and red [confused] , at the end go for blue. [:)] 

Dayum nice choice, I went for a red hatchback with the STI kit. Just felt more sporty to me I guess. 

May I know u purchased the 2.0? Cos my SE told me only 2.0 is allow to purchase the kit. :(
  • Praise 1

May I know u purchased the 2.0? Cos my SE told me only 2.0 is allow to purchase the kit. :(

2.0 is not for sales yet. My SE said extra $3.2k to add the kit, but i did not opt for it. Better clarify witb your SE. Edited by Jp66
↡ Advertisement