Just booked my car - what type of PPS to recommend?

Mycar008

Twincharged
(edited)

Forte3737, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:snapback.png

I apologise to all for trolling n making forum members angry. Will try not to repeat this type of behaviour

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

• THREAD STARTERphoto-thumb-547.jpg?_r=1427660996
  • premiumicon_s.png

RadX Moderator   Joined: 28 February 2002   Posts: 61,235  

Forte3737, on 22 Apr 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:snapback.png

I apologise to all for trolling n making forum members angry. Will try not to repeat this type of behaviour

most criminals say the same thing and they also always end up in jail.

Same for those in buangkok hotel.

best you leave if you feel you not wanted, after all, you are top of charts 'ignored'

Forte3737 you have been warned and condemned by our Moderator RadX  for repeatedly being a troll. You have been made to eat humble pie and have unreservedly apologised to all . So please refrain from slandering me. Do stop all this nonsense. Do not take my post from this thread, mix it with someone else's and stir shit in another thread.

Edited by sake
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, thanks for sharing!

This is what I found: http://www.ppstechnology.com/Assets/PDF/PPSBlurb.pdf

attachicon.gif20160501 06.30 538.jpg

Hi Bro,   I have been using Teflon PTFE sealants for many years and found that it really works.   In the past, I had tried CS 11 who claimed having Teflon in their product as well as QMI Paint Sealant.   I am still a faithful customer with the teflon QMI.  The last time I send my car for those coating was about 1 year ago at IMM Shopping area car park for the QMI teflon for my BMW.   I had previously called up CS 11 but they dont seem to have teflon coating when I did my search, instead was recommended the Titanian coating ceramic which I find quite costly.    Dont know why people are now talking about ceramic or 9H ???  I guess it is a trend.    The teflon sealant I had experienced seem to be as good, shining and lasting for a fraction of a cost.   If you can get in America, it gonna save you money on DIY.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just sent my 8 yr old car for PPS over the weekend. First time sent for professional polishing.

All hairline scratches and swirl marks removed.

Can't stop running my fingers on her smooth body. The estacy is priceless :-)

post-27974-0-94948200-1462795829_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-05639500-1462795890_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

wow, is that a mirror finish we are seeing from the photo?

Just sent my 8 yr old car for PPS over the weekend. First time sent for professional polishing.

Looks great. Great workmanship on the polishing.

Turbocharged

My bad. Meant to be a teaser. HAHAHA. Did not, and never sent my car for PPS. The shine was from a DIY hand job, using Kit paste wax.

Who wants to send their car to me for 'PPS'?

post-27974-0-51702500-1463058370_thumb.jpg

Twincharged
(edited)

My bad. Meant to be a teaser. HAHAHA. Did not, and never sent my car for PPS. The shine was from a DIY hand job, using Kit paste wax.

Ha ha, maybe you have found your true calling..... one man PPS provider. [laugh]

Nice job on your car!

Edited by sake

That's a good one

Any waxing on a regular basis will provide a shine as good as PPS or at least hard to differentiate

The argument against this is the long term cost and time

Having said that, PPS is also not long term in terms of shine

If car always parked in underground carpark, just water and simple car shampoo will do

It also depends on car colour

PPS shines best for certain colours like red, black, little difference for silver and other duller colours. 

• Praise 11

That's a good one

Any waxing on a regular basis will provide a shine as good as PPS or at least hard to differentiate

The argument against this is the long term cost and time

Having said that, PPS is also not long term in terms of shine

If car always parked in underground carpark, just water and simple car shampoo will do

It also depends on car colour

PPS shines best for certain colours like red, black, little difference for silver and other duller colours.

Then all pps detailer should close shop?

Turbocharged

No PPS is long term as it is subjected to wear and tear (unless it is made of diamond, the hardest material in the world).  So in order to upkeep the PPS in the long term, you have to go for regular maintenance (i.e. re-apply the sealant coating which has worn off over time). 

For lazy people like me, instead of DIY waxing, I go for PPS treatment.  After that, I wash my car once a week.  My car is as shiny as showroom condition.

My own experience:

After the initial costs of applying PPS ($600), I go for regular half-yearly maintenance ($100).  So over a span of 10 years (by the start of 10th year, no need to go for PPS maintenance, as the car is close to scrap deadline), the total cost outlay will be $600+$100x2x9 = $2,400.

If you wax on a regular basis, it will definitely save money $$$ compared to PPS.   Question is:  Are you hardworking and willing to do this 'back-breaking' waxing task on a regular basis? 

Note:

PPS does not equate to a scratch-proof car.  The main purpose is to maintain shine and easy washing.  My philosophy:  A dirty car on the road reflects badly on its owner.

• Praise 10

Turbocharged

Two weeks under the rain and still beading well.

*Poor lighting when photo was taken.

post-27974-0-05871200-1463583395_thumb.jpg

Any car that goes for any detailing shop PPS coating when leaving the shop their cars will definitely be shiny penny and all.

But lets talk about durability and after sales support.

I did mine with ceramic pro in Nov 2015, was dismayed when I found that micro scratches will still appear through regular washing.(not visible under daylight only visible under strong led lightning) But I also realised this is the case for all PPS coating, only difference is their durability and how easily they can be rectified by the detailer. Some will even disallow you to go for regular petrol station car washes but not so for mine.

Early this month I shared how my passenger side doors were vandalised(somebody scratched across both doors) on the nissan sylphy thread. Respraying both door panels would easily cost $300-$400 and this was when I saw my PPS paid dividends.

When I went back to them for a regular wash and told them about it, the boss George say it is easily rectifiable and did not charge me beyond the cost of the regular washing, even when the whole process from washing to removing the visible scratches took close to 2 hours of labor.

So I can personally attest to the durability of ceramic pro when it comes to intentional vandalism but as I am only 6 months into the PPS, I will have to leave it at that.

ppwxJQD.jpg

• Praise 1

(edited)

After cracking my head for my new to be collected car, I will likely go for a sub $500 PPS and do regular wash with occasional spray on quick wax/sealant. Would the occasional wax sealant be necessary or worse still ruin the PPS?

I dont mind go for another PPS after say 3 or 4 years.

I am coming from angle of functional preservation of the paint and hence the metal underneath...not too concerned about shiny looks.

Edited by Rachdanom
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

:o

Thanks but no thanks. Wait PPS become PP*.

Can admin help to delete my own post? I don't want to mislead other people into this. Results are terrible after 1 year and after sales service has gone down into the dumps.

Any car that goes for any detailing shop PPS coating when leaving the shop their cars will definitely be shiny penny and all.

But lets talk about durability and after sales support.

I did mine with ceramic pro in Nov 2015, was dismayed when I found that micro scratches will still appear through regular washing.(not visible under daylight only visible under strong led lightning) But I also realised this is the case for all PPS coating, only difference is their durability and how easily they can be rectified by the detailer. Some will even disallow you to go for regular petrol station car washes but not so for mine.

Early this month I shared how my passenger side doors were vandalised(somebody scratched across both doors) on the nissan sylphy thread. Respraying both door panels would easily cost $300-$400 and this was when I saw my PPS paid dividends.

When I went back to them for a regular wash and told them about it, the boss George say it is easily rectifiable and did not charge me beyond the cost of the regular washing, even when the whole process from washing to removing the visible scratches took close to 2 hours of labor.

So I can personally attest to the durability of ceramic pro when it comes to intentional vandalism but as I am only 6 months into the PPS, I will have to leave it at that.

ppwxJQD.jpg

Can admin help to delete my own post? I don't want to mislead other people into this. Results are terrible after 1 year and after sales service has gone down into the dumps.

Any reason? mind to share? 

Im also considering btw the 2 most talked abt PPS provider. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1