How are you using the SkillsFuture?

kobayashiGT

You are lethally striking outstanding. [laugh]

Not outstanding lah, your words are too kind. Just that I'm not creative enough to think of what else I can do with it, so might as well take the license :D

I used up $500 for a $5K course.......10% discount.....better than nothing. <_<

But imagine how much more grant I could have been given if they have managed it properly? :D

Am I the only one who use it to get a taxi license? Not a lot of real useful courses under $500 anyway.

How much to get a taxi licence?

This is really all FULL CASH Payment

--------

SINGAPORE - A jobless man who helped his sister and brother-in-law launder and hide part of the proceeds of their $40 million SkillsFuture scam - the largest case of a government agency being defrauded - was sentenced to five years and eight months' jail on Tuesday (Nov 27).

Lee Chi Wai, 30, had helped squirrel away $6.7 million in cash and 11kg of gold valued at $626,500 at his Sengkang flat.

He also used $282,500 to buy 5kg of gold and asked his sister for a $30,000 loan to buy a car for himself.

Lee is the first of five people charged in court over the scam last year to be sentenced.

The cases against his sister Lee Lai Leng, 40, her husband Ng Cheng Kwee, 42, the Lee siblings' mother Tan Yoon Nooi, 60, and Ng's friend David Lim Wee Hong, 40, are pending.

Ng is alleged to be the mastermind of the scam which netted nearly $40 million in fake claims from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG), a government agency that gives out grants and funding for lifelong training.

Between May and October last year, the syndicate used a network of nine business entities - three training providers and six applicant entities - to submit 8,386 fraudulent course fee grant applications and a corresponding 8,391 claims to SSG.

The applications and claims were submitted on the basis that training courses were purportedly provided by the three training providers to about 25,000 employees of the six applicant entities.

As a result, SSG disbursed $39.9 million in course fee subsidies.

$40 M is not a small sum. So this amount paid to 1 or 1000 companies providing the courses? Somewhere there is thos big gap nobody verifying. For $500 grant government agency dispense $40 M of tax payer monies. I wonder whatelse.

• Praise 1

How much to get a taxi licence?

Course fee itself is $200 excluding GST. Then the rest like LTA approval, medical check up, test fees and course materials are additional.

Course fee can claim skillsfuture, the rest out of pocket.

Course fee itself is $200 excluding GST. Then the rest like LTA approval, medical check up, test fees and course materials are additional.

Course fee can claim skillsfuture, the rest out of pocket.

can take class 2 and claim? Gojek coming.........

can take class 2 and claim? Gojek coming.........

Cannot, as there is no vocational license for Class 2. Vocational license refers to TDVL (taxi drivers vocational license) or PDVL (private hire drivers vocational license).

Difference is TDVL can drive regular taxi and grab, PDVL only grab. Most people just take TDVL

• Praise 1

Cannot, as there is no vocational license for Class 2. Vocational license refers to TDVL (taxi drivers vocational license) or PDVL (private hire drivers vocational license).

Difference is TDVL can drive regular taxi and grab, PDVL only grab. Most people just take TDVL

ð¢ð¢ð¢......

Can try take TDVL.

If take at comfortdelgro,the entire course format is 2 days class over the weekends, then 1 day exam which you need to take leave as they only do it on the weekdays. Heard long time ago taxi course takes sibeh long and a lot of lessons. Now is chop chop.

SSG no do due diligence why no committee to enquire into mismanagement of public money?

Can someone sue them for the missing 30M ..

Same as WP case ... fair fair rite

• Praise 6

Am I the only one who use it to get a taxi license? Not a lot of real useful courses under $500 anyway.

ISS NUS has quite a number of IT course that goes under 500 and useful .

Plus alot of PR are using the course to upgrade themselves.

Lets hope they are grateful and not tear up our Singapore flag again.  [hur]

bite the hand that feed u .. 

• Praise 1

ISS NUS has quite a number of IT course that goes under 500 and useful .

Plus alot of PR are using the course to upgrade themselves.

Lets hope they are grateful and not tear up our Singapore flag again.  [hur]

bite the hand that feed u .. 

PR are not eligible to skillsfuture credit.

• Praise 2

Can try take TDVL.

If take at comfortdelgro,the entire course format is 2 days class over the weekends, then 1 day exam which you need to take leave as they only do it on the weekdays. Heard long time ago taxi course takes sibeh long and a lot of lessons. Now is chop chop.

ya hor....been putting off that TDVL licence for ages. Only way to chiak from gov....

Can convert to cash or not? Since government also nvr check and anyhow let other ppl cheat $40 mil just like that. I also dunno what to take, might as well let us convert to cash then do other things.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2