Oh My God! Pet Peeves to Major Hatred?

biogenie

(edited)

i keep a minimum of 3-4 cars distance on expressways.,, is that considered lane hogging?

often see drivers tagging behind other cars on lane 1 with perhaps half to 1 car gap... drive like that .. not stressful meh??

to me it is, no offence but .,. anyway if you can stand people undertaking you ... it's your choice really.

for me depending on the speed of the car in front of me, but usually I keep 1 to 2 lengths' gap and already other cars will cut in, well that's driving in Singapore ... 

Edited by Lotr
↡ Advertisement

to me it is, no offence but .,. anyway if you can stand people undertaking you ... it's your choice really.

for me depending on the speed of the car in front of me, but usually I keep 1 to 2 lengths' gap and already other cars will cut in, well that's driving in Singapore

ok.. i get your pt.. but on lane 1 i always use the car ahead as a cue. I will try to keep to 95-100kph or so, and have that gap constantly in between.. but if he is at 80kph on lane 1, i also overtake from left.

actually often than not i look at rear view mirror. If someone tailgates me... i filter left to let him chiong.. but he will almost definitely be stuck behind the car that was ahead of me.

Strangely, when the road is open and clear, i hate to be on lane 1.

• Praise 2

When something goes too far into a pet peeve.  I approach it in following ways: 

I for the most part address the pet peeve straightforwardly with the people or individuals causing it. I go up against them straightforwardly and in a thoughtful way concerning why I have an issue with the movement or conduct that is occurring. 

I avoid the situation that are causing the issue in an innovative and effective manner. 

Annoyances come in two ways. In the main case, something might bug you, yet that something truly isn't generally a major thing and you simply need to chill. All things considered, get over it, and the sooner the better. Be that as it may, now and again annoyances are a genuine issue - they might influence your efficiency and the profitability of your colleagues. In cases that way, you must make a move. The most ideal approach to manage a genuine pet peeve, regardless of what it is, is to hit it head on

All time no 1 for me
1) Recreational Cyclists hogging lanes on roads

2) Road Hogs of all kinds

3) Suicidal Malaysian Bikes. Seriously, you guys want to die, please go right ahead. Dun come and fugg up my car and my insurance please.

On 3/29/2016 at 3:49 PM, -zion88- said:

in my opinion, these ppl are the real a**holes. they are the ones that result in ppl overtaking them from left and right, indirectly causing other drivers to be unsafe due to their so called "safe driving". such ppl can cause jams that's as long as few km! 

The person is driving in lane 2 and not lane 1. U need to practise abit of patience and road etiquette and others will see you in better light

Edited by Sotong1977

On 5/15/2016 at 9:51 AM, Chrispie said:

so your point is?

3-4 cars not a very big gap leh... 

On 5/15/2016 at 9:03 AM, Chrispie said:

i keep a minimum of 3-4 cars distance on expressways.,, is that considered lane hogging?

often see drivers tagging behind other cars on lane 1 with perhaps half to 1 car gap... drive like that .. not stressful meh??

On 5/15/2016 at 9:03 AM, Chrispie said:

On 3/29/2016 at 3:49 PM, -zion88- said:

in my opinion, these ppl are the real a**holes. they are the ones that result in ppl overtaking them from left and right, indirectly causing other drivers to be unsafe due to their so called "safe driving". such ppl can cause jams that's as long as few km! 

With regards to bottom post, The person is driving in lane 2 and not lane 1. U need to practise abit of patience and road etiquette.

With regards to top post, sometimes its not just about the the gap between your car n the car in front. Road hoggers in lane 1 will quote this too -> need to keep 9 car length if travelling at 90km/hr. Its about keeping with the flow of the traffic. If can't, the driver should drive in lane 2 or even 3

• Praise 1

(edited)

Is it so difficult to stay away from lane 1 at 7 am in the morning if you want to stay at just under the speed limit 🤔 and there is 1/2 a km to the next car in front! On top of that being thick skinned  / sanctimonious enough to remain there AND stay parallel with the car in lane 2  when I come up behind you :a-shoot:.

Personally I don't tailgate so it becomes a wtf moment when they are so blur.

Edited by shrjun
↡ Advertisement