Accident between bus and tipper truck on MCE; 28 casualties

Showster

28 casualties is quite serious...

SINGAPORE - The driver of a private bus was trapped in his vehicle after it collided with a tipper truck on the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) on Tuesday evening.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), which received a call about the incident at 6.17pm, freed the man using hydraulic rescue tools. There were a total of 28 casualties, but no fatalities.

Thirteen people were sent to the Singapore General Hospital, nine to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and six to Changi General Hospital.

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Yeah. Saw electronic road sign warning drivers to take alternate route. Heard over the radio massive jam in the MCE. Was wondering what caused it.

Anyway I often see loaded tipper trucks heading towards ECP in the MCE tunnel even in the morning. Construction in the east?

• Praise 1

I was caught in MCE jam.

Was already on AYE when saw on the highway bulletin board about the  massive jam. Made the split second decision to contribute to the jam since the alternative route to reach my destination is not going to be smooth traffic anyway from all the diverted drivers.

Quite big time serious accident. While inching along, saw a white TP car with flashing siren barrelling down the road shoulder. then came a big white van with plain black words on the side of the panel ?crime scene investigation? cannot see really well.

The last 2 lanes cordoned off packed with emergency vehicles and personnel

Road full of glass smithereens.

• Praise 2

It has to be tipper truck again [shakehead]

Agreed, noticed that tipper truck always involved in accident on the road, and created serious injury!

• Praise 1

And I noticed these trucks are fast over there. Think someone is sleeping on the job.

MCE tunnel got so many cctvs and speed cameras, can speed? As far as I know speed cameras do not sleep.

And I noticed these trucks are fast over there. Think someone is sleeping on the job.

Fast do not mean unsafe. 

Their recklessness, their inconsideration for other road users are the main contributing factors. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2