Accident at jurong town hall road towards aye

Yorkshire

an accident occurred this morning at approximate 6:53am at jurong town hall road going towards aye..

a dark brown honda stream seems not to have checked his or her blind spot, side swipe a seemingly black nissan sylphy going at the extreme left lane, saw the right side mirror of the sylphy being knocked off.

to the nissan sylphy owner, if you're reading this, in case you are facing challenges over your claims, PM me, i will be your witness.

Edited by Yorkshire
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 37

(edited)

Why didn't you stop at the accident scene and offered your help to the victim on the spot ?

not being a major accident plus i'm in a hurry to send my child to school were the reasons i've moved on.. hope this clarifies.

Edited by Yorkshire
  • Praise 5

not being a major accident plus i'm in a hurry to send my child to school were the reasons i've moved on.. hope this clarifies.

actually if you are really sincere to help you should stop and provide your contact to the driver.How much time it will take you to do that.I have many times go back to see if I can help or go to traffic police HQ to make a report if it is a serious accident.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 9

actually if you are really sincere to help you should stop and provide your contact to the driver.How much time it will take you to do that.I have many times go back to see if I can help or go to traffic police HQ to make a report if it is a serious accident.

Please don't use your own standards to pass judgement on other peoples' time and priorities - we are all different.

• Praise 31

(edited)

well... your point noted, i applaud your helpfulness and will appreciate help in event myself being caught up in such situation.

you may have noticed there isn't much time since school starts at 7:30am, it is fairly dark with little morning sun plus it poses a certain level of risks should i stop in the midst of heavy traffic during morning rush hours leaving my child alone in the car.

everyone has different priorities, i won't challenge nor question the "sincerity" when one seems to just lend a helping hand, i may not have a good picture of the actual situation then.

perhaps i should have stopped, i did not, so i'm here to make "amends", i don't really have to post in a public forum subjecting myself to such scrutiny

nevertheless, i will try to stop next time if i am fortunate enough to witness such incident again.

Edited by Yorkshire
  • Praise 15

well... your point noted, i applaud your helpfulness and will appreciate help in event myself being caught up in such situation.

you may have noticed there isn't much time since school starts at 7:30am, it is fairly dark with little morning sun plus it poses a certain level of risks should i stop in the midst of heavy traffic during morning rush hours leaving my child alone in the car.

everyone has different priorities, i won't challenge nor question the "sincerity" when one seems to just lend a helping hand, i may not have a good picture of the actual situation then.

perhaps i should have stopped, i did not, so i'm here to make "amends", i don't really have to post in a public forum subjecting myself to such scrutiny

nevertheless, i will try to stop next time if i am fortunate enough to witness such incident again.

There should be more civic minded drivers like you.

Beng helpful to others doesn't mean must stopped to render help; like this instance, when u knew that it was a minor one with no life threatening issue.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

NVNT? NCNT?

not chio no talk?

No lah. With video, people can share and hopefully the car owner would see it. The effectiveness of posting here offering to help is very limited.

• Praise 4

I agree that TS did not stop is not a major issue as there are no serious injuries or death.

Somemore its quite peak timing and heavy traffic, if a lot ppl stop then how do you expect the traffic to move (Then some ppl will complain too many cars stop and block the traffic)

Anyway TS take the effort in posting which is already quite good. However TS I will propose you to post the video up on FB so it can reach the intended driver involved easier. 

• Praise 4

Supercharged

It may be dangerous or inconvenience others to try to stop additional vehicle near accident spot immediately. 

• Praise 2

There is no necessity for you to stop next time, if you don't feel safe to do so or whatever reasons. Don't need to fulfil others expectation.

• Praise 14

thumbs up to you! if you have a recorded video, you can submit it to BCL or SRD for wider distribution.

https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/

https://www.facebook.com/sgreckless/

i'm actually surprised that you bother to type out an explanation to entertain those armchair critics. like you described, i wouldn't stop my car along the road with my kid on board.  there's a difference between being helpful and foolish.

• Praise 3

Why that area always accident one?

I stay near there, it depends on which particular stretch of road you are referring to. If youre talking about the stretch just before one turn into Aye, then i guess its because there is a big divider down there splitting up the direction between going to aye and west coast road. There is also a merging lane coming out from the JTC buildings along that stretch, so you can see it gets pretty complicated during peak hour. 

But back to the thread, the traffic is not that bad at 653am in the morning, so i believe its just a issue of overlooking safety concerns. 

Cheers and have a good week ahead 

• Praise 2

Topic starter gave you 5 dislike points. Dun act yaya papaya.

Why didn't you stop at the accident scene and offered your help to the victim on the spot ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1