Accident at jurong town hall road towards aye

Yorkshire

Twincharged
(edited)

I disagree. Time factor and safety aside, have you considered the following.

1). You sideswiped a car and just right another car stopped and the driger approached the driver you sideswiped and offered to be a witness against you

2). You were sideswiped and just right another car stopped and offered to be a witness for you

I am looking at both driver point of view here. Unless TS has video recording which he could easily post here and send to TP, i would suspect a scam. Cos eye witness reports in RTA tend to not be reliable unless there are many eyewitness and/or backed up by video evidence. And to have an eyebwitness who just happend to be there and willing to testify.......

Don't forget this is not a case of a car hitting a stationary vehicle but two moving vehicles and the witness is driving and supposedly concentrating on the road ahead and not expecting any accident to happen.

Just my thoughts. Good job to TS but don't be dishearten by those who say you should have stopped and given the contact. I feel it is better you should not, for your own protection. Only if there is life at risk then you should stop and even then it is to call 995, not to do any extra moves which could endanger you or the injured.

It actually helps. I had a witness for one accident where a taxi side swiped my car while turning left. Luckily got witness so it wasn't 50-50. The taxi driver got 80% of the blame instead. Having a witness is really useful in these kind of situations. Of course if have own car cam even better la.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement

You think I bother ? Lol. It's the Internet. In anyway if ts really has the heart to help he should stop and inform the victim of his contact. That will be more real. What is the chance of actually contacting the driver by posting here ?

chances???...................next to none!!!............ [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

it has become a norm now to post hero threads in MCF..........such threads usually end up "thread of the month"..........tomorrow i also go start one............ [:p]

It actually helps. I had a witness for one accident where a taxi side swiped my car while turning left. Luckily got witness so it wasn't 50-50. The taxi driver got 80% of the blame instead. Having a witness is really useful in these kind of situations. Of course if have own car cam even better la.

Worse is kenna accident by taxi's or lorries or full time drivers - I once had an experience of a taxi  banging into me at a turn off and to my horror the taxi driver said that my car either reversed back or the road was incline (yes) and i had not stepped on the brakes (it was manual car back then)  and whilst waiting for the lane to clear my car just "simply moved back" and can cause damage to both the bumpers; Finally both insurance companies agreed after much argument on a 50-50 and do own repair; mine it was only like - $150 or so about 20 years back; His would have been the same too     

thanks all for the opinions and support.

with an average 23 posts a year since 2005, i'm not here to seek fame.

appreciate Mod to close the thread.

• Praise 2

I stay near there, it depends on which particular stretch of road you are referring to. If youre talking about the stretch just before one turn into Aye, then i guess its because there is a big divider down there splitting up the direction between going to aye and west coast road. There is also a merging lane coming out from the JTC buildings along that stretch, so you can see it gets pretty complicated during peak hour. 

But back to the thread, the traffic is not that bad at 653am in the morning, so i believe its just a issue of overlooking safety concerns. 

Cheers and have a good week ahead 

OIC.

TS, i support you for your posting. 

Don't be discouraged by those against you. Look at the positive side, there are more people supporting you in this thread! So, you have done the right thing (in the eyes of majority)

like what others has pointed out, everyone has their own agenda when on the road, don't judge others by your own standard.

for those against TS, what if you were the victim, there were no witness and you came home to MCF and hoping to find some threads witness like TS posted? Wouldn't you appreciate it (when u see his posting?)

one of you pointed out, 'if u r sincere enough...u could had stopped...'. To me, this is like when you see a vision-challenged guy waiting to cross the road, he help him to cross the road, then somene come up and tell u, 'if u r sincere enough, you could have bring him home instead of just crossing the road.' your use of the word 'sincere' is not nice here.

for whose who say discouraging/irresponsible things like this, i really wonder how nice can that person be, let alone he practises what he preaches?

TS, we look forward to your future samaritan. may you have a great day!

• Praise 6

One interesting thread ... so many Like and dislike .

Yes, indeed very interesting haha. But my posts never get any likes or dislikes, so is it still interesting?  [:p]

Anyway, the weekend is here soon, cheers 

• Praise 1

Yes, indeed very interesting haha. But my posts never get any likes or dislikes, so is it still interesting?  [:p]

Anyway, the weekend is here soon, cheers 

haha dont bluff me hor .... u got 1 X like on page 1 .   :D  

• Praise 1

well... your point noted, i applaud your helpfulness and will appreciate help in event myself being caught up in such situation.

you may have noticed there isn't much time since school starts at 7:30am, it is fairly dark with little morning sun plus it poses a certain level of risks should i stop in the midst of heavy traffic during morning rush hours leaving my child alone in the car.

everyone has different priorities, i won't challenge nor question the "sincerity" when one seems to just lend a helping hand, i may not have a good picture of the actual situation then.

perhaps i should have stopped, i did not, so i'm here to make "amends", i don't really have to post in a public forum subjecting myself to such scrutiny

nevertheless, i will try to stop next time if i am fortunate enough to witness such incident again.

You don't need to explain. The fact that you offered help here is a testimony of your sincerity to help. Well done.

• Praise 4

an accident occurred this morning at approximate 6:53am at jurong town hall road going towards aye..

a dark brown honda stream seems not to have checked his or her blind spot, side swipe a seemingly black nissan sylphy going at the extreme left lane, saw the right side mirror of the sylphy being knocked off.

to the nissan sylphy owner, if you're reading this, in case you are facing challenges over your claims, PM me, i will be your witness.

In view of the aforesaid conditions, I agree with your actions and there was no injury from what I read.  

Good on you.  Ignore the other's comments

You did what your conscience guided you through.  AS long as you are ethically clear, let it go

not being a major accident plus i'm in a hurry to send my child to school were the reasons i've moved on.. hope this clarifies.

no injury and yes, best move on

ignore those who seemed VEXED and perplexed for no reason.  Also it is of no concern to them

• Praise 1

thanks all for the opinions and support.

with an average 23 posts a year since 2005, i'm not here to seek fame.

appreciate Mod to close the thread.

Your kind thought of being helpful that's matter, you've earned my respect besides many forumer's here   [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3