2016 toyota fielder

Spurman

Neutral Newbie

Please PM me for more information if anyone keen on getting the Toyota Corolla Fielder 1.5 with 5MT or CVT transmission.

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

I got the base model 1.5X. On sgcm there are only 4 PIs that sell this. I got from Autopoint and got a slight discount from listed price. Standard accessories given - car cam, bumper sensors, solar film. 2 bid guaranteed.

I did not compare shuttle as i dislike its look. But certainly cheaper than shuttle lah.

The PI do have both, so you can go view if you want :)

Tks for your reply! I think the new one is alot nicer then the old model.. good luck for your COE!
  • Praise 1

Was wondering how cum no one start a thread on this car.

Saw this car at a pi. Car lingual.

Seems like a nice looking car.

Anyone driving one here? And frm what i gathered. Theres 1.5x 1.5g and 1.5wx??

Seems little info to suggest the diff??

normally most Japan domestic family cars are underpowered due to their strict speed limited,

therefore it's not suitable for oversea market

The fuel efficiency is decent as although the model is only facelift and not that new, the engine is the same VVT-iW that is in the current Sienta.

For those hanging on even longer I suspect a new model change corolla will launch either end 2017 or beginning 2018 as this year they are changing Camry first hehehe.

New corolla and relatives will be on the same TNGA platform that seems to be reviewed decently both on Prius and C-HR overseas.

For those who no need the wagon format, Allion got facelifted so drastically that I can't believe it's not a model change:

post-151638-0-63525000-1484145512_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile the (American variant)

post-151638-0-84094600-1484145586.jpgCamry:

Edited by Gemmoglock

I got the base model 1.5X. On sgcm there are only 4 PIs that sell this. I got from Autopoint and got a slight discount from listed price. Standard accessories given - car cam, bumper sensors, solar film. 2 bid guaranteed.

I did not compare shuttle as i dislike its look. But certainly cheaper than shuttle lah.

The PI do have both, so you can go view if you want :)

Hihi @othello! Managed to secure ur COE?

Hihi @othello! Managed to secure ur COE?

COE 50,889. PI bid 50,500 ...................  :mellow:

oh well, as my package is 2 bid Guaranteed. They'l have to deliver next bidding ......... From the SE, my car is all done up. Just waiting for COE nia

• Praise 2

normally most Japan domestic family cars are underpowered due to their strict speed limited,

therefore it's not suitable for oversea market

Not true. They may have *slightly* less hp like 1 or 2 bhp due to emissions criteria compared to those meant for overseas markets, but because of their imposed speed limit, the JDM models can have more aggressive gearing which means better acceleration at the expense of top speed.

So unless you are getting a car to chiong NSHW at 160kmh+, this will not be a negative factor :)

Getting a fielder from Autopoint... Cheapest stationwagon at 88k with many accesories! Compared it with the shuttle at ATP and feel that both the rear have almost thr same design. Well for me, cheap and can move can liao!

The fuel efficiency is decent as although the model is only facelift and not that new, the engine is the same VVT-iW that is in the current Sienta.

For those hanging on even longer I suspect a new model change corolla will launch either end 2017 or beginning 2018 as this year they are changing Camry first hehehe.

New corolla and relatives will be on the same TNGA platform that seems to be reviewed decently both on Prius and C-HR overseas.

For those who no need the wagon format, Allion got facelifted so drastically that I can't believe it's not a model change:

attachicon.gifprem1606_10_s.jpg

Meanwhile the (American variant)

attachicon.gif2018_Toyota_Camry_Camry_Hybrid_01_560FD77CF2E4DF16D8CFB115D19F05A302DC040C_low.jpgCamry:

How come Toyota got so many models, Fielder, Allions, Premiero, Corolla, Axio, Altis, in this sector?

I went to check out both... Shuttle is taller but less legroom for rear passengers. Fielder engine is Atkinson cycle type though so weaker output and more focus on fuel economy. Normally such engines are paired with hybrid batteries to compensate for the weaker pickup. Enjoy your new ride!

I went to check out both... Shuttle is taller but less legroom for rear passengers. Fielder engine is Atkinson cycle type though so weaker output and more focus on fuel economy. Normally such engines are paired with hybrid batteries to compensate for the weaker pickup. Enjoy your new ride!

Fielder engine is still essentially miller cycle.  At certain point, it will switch to atkinson cycle.  I don't know which point is that.

Getting a fielder from Autopoint... Cheapest stationwagon at 88k with many accesories! Compared it with the shuttle at ATP and feel that both the rear have almost thr same design. Well for me, cheap and can move can liao!

just collected mine from there on Monday  [thumbsup]

A quick review. 

- Steering feel is decent, not as light & "no feel" as I thought ( I did not test drive the car before I bought it !!!)

- Space is good

- Seats comfy (I opted for original fabric seats) 

- Power wise. As still very new (Odometer read 27km on collection), and I've been driving like a wussy  [laugh] . But decent for 1.5L. Not gonna win any traffic light race, but no one buys a Fielder for that lah

My only gripe - > Suspension a bit soft and bouncy. Still on stock steel wheels with 175/65r15. Tomorrow changing to 185/60r15 XM2. Maybe will improve. Else I've shortlisted a set of coilovers form RS*R  [;)]

Edited by Othello

A quick review. 

- Steering feel is decent, not as light & "no feel" as I thought ( I did not test drive the car before I bought it !!!)

- Space is good

- Power wise. As still very new (Odometer read 27km on collection), and I've been driving like a wussy  [laugh] . But decent for 1.5L. Not gonna win any traffic light race, but no one buys a Fielder for that lah

My only gripe - > Suspension a bit soft and bouncy. Still on stock steel wheels with 175/65r15. Tomorrow changing to 185/60r15 XM2. Maybe will improve. Else I've shortlisted a set of coilovers form RS*R  [;)]

Hi Othello,

please post more review, thanks

Fielder engine is still essentially miller cycle.  At certain point, it will switch to atkinson cycle.  I don't know which point is that.

OIC. When I was reading the Jap website it mentioned that for the engine... they had to take mitigating measures... to compensate for the lower torque/output due to the tweak in the combustion cycle

A quick review. 

- Space is good

Good to hear that the steering has some feel. I used to drive European car so it's quite 'light' compared to what I'm used to, but mine seems to have more feel compared to my FIL Altis

OIC. When I was reading the Jap website it mentioned that for the engine... they had to take mitigating measures... to compensate for the lower torque/output due to the tweak in the combustion cycle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_cycle#Increasing_power_and_efficiency

Interesting insight in Wiki.  It is similar to what Toyota is doing w/o turbocharger.

↡ Advertisement