2016 toyota fielder

Spurman

Got my fielder from AP yesterday. Quite decent and quite impressed with some of its feature like start-stop engine at traffic light ( for this price quite good) and also it comes with 8 air bags.. Thought i was only 2 lol so quite safe.

↡ Advertisement

Got my fielder from AP yesterday. Quite decent and quite impressed with some of its feature like start-stop engine at traffic light ( for this price quite good) and also it comes with 8 air bags.. Thought i was only 2 lol so quite safe.

i think its 6, no ? 

Yours the black unit ? 

I don't like the stop-start feature, always turn it off

i think its 6, no ?

Yours the black unit ?

I don't like the stop-start feature, always turn it off

Yes mine is the black unit :p its has 8 the salesperson told me .. 2 front 4 curtain and 2 at the side of the seats.

Yes mine is the black unit :p its has 8 the salesperson told me .. 2 front 4 curtain and 2 at the side of the seats.

Wow 8 or even 6 airbags is already quite good for car of this market range... finally caught up with European cars.

Start-stop... I think it's not really a good idea for non-hybrid cars... is the wear and tear worth it? And also how about aircon?

I'd suggest turning it off.

Volkswagen tech of shutting off cylinders makes more sense.

How's the handling? Although yah... this is bread-and-butter car so no unrealistic expectations here :)

Wow 8 or even 6 airbags is already quite good for car of this market range... finally caught up with European cars.

Start-stop... I think it's not really a good idea for non-hybrid cars... is the wear and tear worth it? And also how about aircon?

I'd suggest turning it off.

Volkswagen tech of shutting off cylinders makes more sense.

How's the handling? Although yah... this is bread-and-butter car so no unrealistic expectations here :)

When engine stop at traffc light, the aircon will still be on but after awhile the aircon starts to get warm, the engines starts automatically again.

For handling steering very light... Previous car was hyundai sonata 2.4 and its quite heavy... Still getting used to it..

For braking rear using drum brakes, not so good so efficent braking.

When engine stop at traffc light, the aircon will still be on but after awhile the aircon starts to get warm, the engines starts automatically again.

For handling steering very light... Previous car was hyundai sonata 2.4 and its quite heavy... Still getting used to it..

For braking rear using drum brakes, not so good so efficent braking.

In sg quite likely aircon will get warm fast and so end up will keep doing this starting and stopping thing more often then what it was designed for... read that car workshop can install a device to 'tweak' and disable the start-stop permanently if this bothers you.

No wonder nowadays I walking along the roads cars stopped at traffic light there will be random car engine turning on sounds from BMW, Mazda etc.... can't be good for the engine's wear and tear for the long run.

How is your fuel consumption so far?

In sg quite likely aircon will get warm fast and so end up will keep doing this starting and stopping thing more often then what it was designed for... read that car workshop can install a device to 'tweak' and disable the start-stop permanently if this bothers you.

No wonder nowadays I walking along the roads cars stopped at traffic light there will be random car engine turning on sounds from BMW, Mazda etc.... can't be good for the engine's wear and tear for the long run.

How is your fuel consumption so far?

Fuel consumption quite low.. Getting arnd 20-21km/l

just collected mine from there on Monday [thumbsup]

A quick review.

- Steering feel is decent, not as light & "no feel" as I thought ( I did not test drive the car before I bought it !!!)

- Space is good

- Seats comfy (I opted for original fabric seats)

- Power wise. As still very new (Odometer read 27km on collection), and I've been driving like a wussy [laugh] . But decent for 1.5L. Not gonna win any traffic light race, but no one buys a Fielder for that lah

My only gripe - > Suspension a bit soft and bouncy. Still on stock steel wheels with 175/65r15. Tomorrow changing to 185/60r15 XM2. Maybe will improve. Else I've shortlisted a set of coilovers form RS*R [;)]

@othello, congrats on your new ride! Do share more review after a month or so

19/2/16

Today juz found out suspension too soft... When whole family sat in car and move over hump, will scratch the bottom easily even when going over carpark bumps... Anyway to solve this?

19/2/16

Today juz found out suspension too soft... When whole family sat in car and move over hump, will scratch the bottom easily even when going over carpark bumps... Anyway to solve this?

Go slower or add those urethane spring supports

19/2/16

yeah, esp the front !! Shall I give you the part number for the RS*R coilovers ?  :D

Lose weight

[smash]  but its true !  [:p]

Go slower or add those urethane spring supports

Always a habit to go real slow over humps, regardless of what car I drive. 

Are you referring to spring stiffeners ?