Panama Papers: leak reveals elite's tax haven

Kb27

(edited)

Whats news???..................this has being going on for as long as I can remember...........almost everyone on fortune 500 is in there.............just the same as BVI...........even poor ppl like me has account in BVI............whats the big deal sia........... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

When I quote you, I see the right time. But on main page all GMT time. What setting ah? [laugh]

I not OCD, seeing you posting at 12+ midnight is even scarier - you like blardy hantu liddat. :D

not like...............he is THE hantu........... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

ever wonder why he sleeps so early???.............so that the hantu in him can be release.............. [:p]

• Praise 1

not like...............he is THE hantu........... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

ever wonder why he sleeps so early???.............so that the hantu in him can be release.............. [:p]

hmmm...yah hor.... tonight i cum visit you ok.  I stay next door oni...kekek :D  :D

hmmm...yah hor.... tonight i cum visit you ok.  I stay next door oni...kekek :D  :D

come over lah.........now chengmeng festive...............my grandpa and grandma are here..............you can share share the food and drinks with them............have a chat with them while I sleep............. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

and KNN..................next door is your office leh....................you stay in ah???........... [:p]

come over lah.........now chengmeng festive...............my grandpa and grandma are here..............you can share share the food and drinks with them............have a chat with them while I sleep............. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

and KNN..................next door is your office leh....................you stay in ah???........... [:p]

landlord need to check tenants mah....collect rent :XD:  :XD:

landlord need to check tenants mah....collect rent :XD:  :XD:

CCB................forgot about the rental part...............no wonder you can change new car every year..............lucky you collect yearly rent..............over there if collect monthly by the time you finish collection i think need to start collecting again liao.............or maybe one month also cannot finish collecting all rents.............. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

seems like this leak is politically charged,after seeing the most powerful man in russia and china gets involved as well - indirectly.

prepare my pop corns for a good show. :a-popcorn:

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Anyone from Singapore?

Many many. Search here.

https://offshoreleak...n&ent=on&adr=on

wow...i searched and saw one govt agency there too.  

However, I think it could be because of the general umbrella by which they are governed and that entity is resided in that ministry building

You must understand what this list is.

It is just a list of clients for a particular law firm which have set up a subsidiary/associated company in Panama. It isn't a "smoking gun" without going into the documents to see exactly why those companies were set up and if they are being used to launder money or evade taxes.

IMO, no different from ships having a Singapore/Bahamas/Panama flag.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Is there anything illegal that emerged from this leak? As far as I can understand, it is about many countries' leaders being hypocritical and evasive, i.e. use offshore banks to hide their wealth and avoid taxes.

But putting cash offshore is not something illegal unless there are limits placed by their respective national laws.

I didn't know panama was so advanced and prominent as a financial hub... Besides the canal, I thought it was just another banana republic in central america. Last impression being the dictator, noriega, and the US invasion.

• Praise 2

waiting to see how Uncle Sam responds to this ... they are usually quite on about money laundering and to a certain degree ... tax evasion ...

:a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn:

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Many many. Search here.

https://offshoreleak...n&ent=on&adr=on

You must understand what this list is.

It is just a list of clients for a particular law firm which have set up a subsidiary/associated company in Panama. It isn't a "smoking gun" without going into the documents to see exactly why those companies were set up and if they are being used to launder money or evade taxes.

IMO, no different from ships having a Singapore/Bahamas/Panama flag.

that DB looks like outdated stuff lah, i anyhow search some local coys also appear which have been struck off for years already.

their linkage data very outdated

• Praise 1

waiting to see how Uncle Sam responds to this ... they are usually quite on about money laundering and to a certain degree ... tax evasion ...

:a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn:

how many of their guys keep money in bahamas.............if really dig............the total number maybe out beat the whole list........... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

all these kept money................if take out and throw into economy.............can flood the world..............US no need print money..........inflation shoot up the ceiling............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]   

Supersonic
(edited)

that DB looks like outdated stuff lah, i anyhow search some local coys also appear which have been struck off for years already.

their linkage data very outdated

Um. It is a leak leh.... 

IIRC, all the documents were leaked, someone made the effort of doing up an OCR program so it will be searchable and put up this DB online.... They aren't going to help you verify if the company is still operating or not la.

how many of their guys keep money in bahamas.............if really dig............the total number maybe out beat the whole list........... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Yeah lor...

This is just from 1 law firm.

BTW, I tried to search my own name. Not there - DUH. But search my last name also dun have..... looks like my family born to be poor  [:p]

Edited by Kusje

Supercharged

Is there anything illegal that emerged from this leak? As far as I can understand, it is about many countries' leaders being hypocritical and evasive, i.e. use offshore banks to hide their wealth and avoid taxes.

But putting cash offshore is not something illegal unless there are limits placed by their respective national laws.

I didn't know panama was so advanced and prominent as a financial hub... Besides the canal, I thought it was just another banana republic in central america. Last impression being the dictator, noriega, and the US invasion.

any company that is registered there is dodgy, in the eyes of international law. 

I simpur simpur one ... don't know about all these Bahama, BVI, Lichtenstein or whatever ... 

I only know People's Bank ... POSB ...  [:p]

Supercharged

Um. It is a leak leh.... 

IIRC, all the documents were leaked, someone made the effort of doing up an OCR program so it will be searchable and put up this DB online.... They aren't going to help you verify if the company is still operating or not la.

Yeah lor...

This is just from 1 law firm.

BTW, I tried to search my own name. Not there - DUH. But search my last name also dun have..... looks like my family born to be poor  [:p]

Your last name must be Xi, then got hope...... :grin:  :grin:

↡ Advertisement