Seat makes a comeback to Singapore!

Fcw75

IIRC, there is an article by Christ Tan on Vertex, mentioning it acheivement in sales of the less popular MIC Chery. If Vertex can survive for so long in Singapore, they should have something up their sleeve. [gossip]

I am not taking side, but I am eager to see how Vertex Euro Motors revive the SEAT branding in our relatively brand concious market. [cool]

Seems like 5 years warranty N 5 year free service is being the ace card for seat with 7 years on transmission.
  • Praise 1

Missed those days owning one.

SEAT has been reliable after VW took over.

However, there were communication issues with the Spaniards back then. Things should have improved after 15 yrs.

post-35134-0-07052800-1461130402.jpg

post-35134-0-02560100-1461130440.jpg

• Praise 6

However, there were communication issues with the Spaniards back then. Things should have improved after 15 yrs.

ahhh, very very nice. Have always liked the Toledo. Yup, the MK4 platform is relatively reliable save for some VW idiosyncracies. 

Is that a 1.6 or 1.8  ?

Hypersonic

very nice!

i booked a gold 1.8 toledo at that time but they didn't manage to get the coe for me

<_<

ahhh, very very nice. Have always liked the Toledo. Yup, the MK4 platform is relatively reliable save for some VW idiosyncracies.

Is that a 1.6 or 1.8 ?

It is a 1.6SR 8 valve engine.

very nice!

i booked a gold 1.8 toledo at that time but they didn't manage to get the coe for me

<_<

I booked a silver 1.6A during soft launch but waiting time was 3 months. So end up I swap for a flash red from the 1st shipment.

Didn't wait for bidding, asked Barcelona Motors to offer me a immediate registration. So mine was the first unit registered on the road.

Go to Seat.com to check out some interesting model in it current (Europe) lineup.

I am guessing that the following models (beside the already annouced Leon Cupra 290) will be the first to land on our shore:

- Ateca (since the whole world is crazy about crossover, and it is a direct competitor to the new Tiguan)

- Alhambra (not many alternative model available in this segment - Odyssey & Estima/Previa, and new VW Sharan will not be here soon)

- Toledo (familar name to most Seat follower, and no direct conti competitor yet - Skoda Rapid never make it to our shore under HA)

- Leon ST / X-perience (A good opportunity to capture the wagon / estate market with this well receive model - VW see that and thus Golf Variant is here)

• Praise 6

Seat Alhambra is VW Sharan equivalent. If they bring in with cheaper price, that will eat into many MPV's market

Precisely! Estima/Previa, Odyssey, Sharan are the current anchor models (in term of size, engine capacity and power output). If we include put price range into the equation, Alphard, Vellfire & Elgrand are also in (maybe that is why you will notice many of these large size MPV being put on our road of late).

Personally, I think the price point of $150K or lesser will be well received by the many potential buyer...

• Praise 5

Got some info from Vertex. Seems that only the 150ps 2.0TDI (Euro 6 compliance) Alhambra is on the card for now... Subjected to testing and clearance by LTA, it might be entitled to a $5000 CEVS rebate, with a factory claimed CO2 emission rating at 130g/Km (for the 6 speed wet cutch DSG).

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

Got some info from Vertex. Seems that only the 150ps 2.0TDI (Euro 6 compliance) Alhambra is on the card for now... Subjected to testing and clearance by LTA, it might be entitled to a $5000 CEVS rebate, with a factory claimed CO2 emission rating at 130g/Km (for the 6 speed wet cutch DSG).

The only worry with diesels is the govt might pull the plug and revise special tax and then you will be once again screwed like CNG cars.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1