Lancer Ex 1.6

Neo

Any bros here can enlighten me on how to use the USB port to listen to mp3 via the entertainment system?

I can't seem to get it to detect my USB thumbdrive... LOL!

usually is the file system of the thumbdrive causing issue. format the card using fat32 and try again.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Don't bother. C&C is famous for not allowing you to bring shell eo even though they use shell eo as well. (I might be wrong... But searching around Google does reveal this accusation quite frequently)

I have checked with my malaysia colleagues, and there are indeed differences such as model of engine(they are using the older kind of 1.8L engine compared to ours which are EU spec - main reason is the euro4 requirement for our cars) and they are using cvvt gearboxes compared to our 4speed gearbox. Proton did some modifications under the hood as well to reduce overheating of the gearbox.

actually the 1.8 for the proton are the more advance unit... is a 4b10 that has dual mivec and cvt gear boxes..... sg market 1.6 is the 4a92 single mivec nah and worst outdated 4 speed...... 

Edited by Ivanpaseo

usually is the file system of the thumbdrive causing issue. format the card using fat32 and try again.

Thanks everyone for the input. Nowadays saw quite a few new lancer on the road. Anyone here staying around cck area?

is the 2016 lancer is still based on CY chasis? wonder those existing mods for ex1.5/2.0 will applicable for the 2016 one or nt..

1st Gear

is the 2016 lancer is still based on CY chasis? wonder those existing mods for ex1.5/2.0 will applicable for the 2016 one or nt..

Bro some updates for you:-

1. The new lancer is CY chassis

2. Coilover for 1.5/2.0 can be used on 1.6

3. Front lowering spring for 1.5/2.0 cannot fit 1.6

4. Front tower strut bar can be used but anti roll bar cannot fit

5. Exhaust system also cannot share

The above are what some of the 1.6 go thru and consolidated.

If you are interested to join our group can PM me :)

Probably when we have enough cars then can arrange for a group buy of legal exhaust.

Bro some updates for you:-

1. The new lancer is CY chassis

2. Coilover for 1.5/2.0 can be used on 1.6

3. Front lowering spring for 1.5/2.0 cannot fit 1.6

4. Front tower strut bar can be used but anti roll bar cannot fit

5. Exhaust system also cannot share

The above are what some of the 1.6 go thru and consolidated.

If you are interested to join our group can PM me :)

Probably when we have enough cars then can arrange for a group buy of legal exhaust.

I hope the  DC Sports single exit canister exhaust will be legal. This thing is awesome!

Anyone else driving 1.6 will like to join for meetup every Friday can msg me @ 81182860

• Praise 2

Hi guys, due to change in needs, I am selling my beloved ride at $82K firm.

Details:
1. Registered in Dec 2015.
2. Black classic variant with Eurostyle HU and Sparo Rims.
3. Immaculate stock condition due to my OCD :P with mileage at 9900km.

4. Zertona coating from C&C since start of owning the ride.
5. Just done 10k servicing with Leng Kee C&C and left with one more free servicing at 20k and a free tire rotation within 3 months from now.
6. Yearly depre at $8.2k only which is cheaper den buying a brand new one or a 1.5 EX (no offense to 1.5 EX bros here). My loss, your gain. PM me if you are interested or you have friends looking for one.

Cheers!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

been driving the EX for a year plus now.. FC sucks.. any bro got feel vibrations when the car is stationary?? mine will... and SE told me they cannot find the root of the problem!!!

• Praise 2

been driving the EX for a year plus now.. FC sucks.. any bro got feel vibrations when the car is stationary?? mine will... and SE told me they cannot find the root of the problem!!!

Bro, urs is a new or old car? Old auto car sure have minor vibration problem. I can get 14km/L quite constant. You heavy footed ah? 

If you are driving EX1.5, FC should be very bad.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Bro, urs is a new or old car? Old auto car sure have minor vibration problem. I can get 14km/L quite constant. You heavy footed ah? 

im quite heavy footed. mine is the new lancer with the sparco rims. 

If you are driving EX1.5, FC should be very bad.

nope bro.. its the new one.. got it last year May.. mine is the one with the sparco rims

• Praise 1

nope bro.. its the new one.. got it last year May.. mine is the one with the sparco rims

Bro, means we having the same car. Ya heavy footed bo bian lor. But hor, u should go bang table. Cannot be vibrations occurred just 1 year old car. Mine is super smooth and stable.

• Praise 1

New one which is 1.6L lancer?! FC still so bad ah?

• Praise 1

New one which is 1.6L lancer?! FC still so bad ah?

Mitsubishi are known for FC issue. With 4 speed auto, it will strain the engine a bit plus not so efficient engine, it will cause more fuel to be burnt for same distance travel.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, means we having the same car. Ya heavy footed bo bian lor. But hor, u should go bang table. Cannot be vibrations occurred just 1 year old car. Mine is super smooth and stable.

yaya gg for servicing already.. will ask them

What petrol are you using?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1