Toyota and Honda delays expected

BenTong

Turbocharged

Toyota and Honda parts factories hit by earthquake. Toyota will be suspending production due to parts disruption.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Ours from Thailand leh, .... .. I hope no delay on civic ..... Hehehhe

just a single special part from Japan, it will be a delay

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Ours from Thailand leh, .... .. I hope no delay on civic ..... Hehehhe

Thailand an assembly hub. think engine block comes from Japan

Watch the documentary on Discovery Channel on Mega Factories.

Every hour, auto-makers produced 40 engines (complete engine) and working on 24hrs shift, it produced 960 engines per day (24hrs)....... :wut:

So no worries for those who ordered in Feb to May :secret-laugh: ....

Hehe... If I book 1.5t now at 122k, delivery is jan2017?... Heheh..

SE promised everything and later you get nothing with excuses. Will definitely put on hold and don't let them keep the deposit......

Turbocharged

SE promised everything and later you get nothing with excuses. Will definitely put on hold and don't let them keep the deposit......

thats why i dont like the idea of 4-5 mths of waiting timeframe... too long... 1-2mths max is reasonable...  [:p]

• Praise 1

In today world where globalization is the key, I don't think any brand can avoid total production halt due to failure of a paticular key component supplier. It can even be down to a particular micro electronic chip that may seem insignificant to many manufacturer / consumer.

In the case of this latest earth quake in Japan, if the factories affected are supplying engine parts to Toyota and Honda, other production facilities outside Japan may also be affected, since engine are sourced mainly (if not all) from Japan. The same goes for braking system component, or even platform, chasis, etc.

That is why there are strong push for Business Continuity Planning in the past decade, after a few major natural disaster and pandemic outbreak. Of course, it is easier say than done, so history repeats.

• Praise 5