Never drive a better car than your boss

Friendstar

Will you purposely buy a car smaller than your boss?  

276 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes. My boss needs "face"
    • No. If I can afford a bigger car, why not?
    • I AM DA BOSS!

Turbocharged

my boss drives an Altis..

i drive a Civic

one of my colleague family rich, so has a choice between BMW X5 or Merc CL500, another, previously has 2 Alfas, now driving a Megane..

all of our cars more ex than my Boss car.. [rolleyes]

why must buy smaller car?

oh.. i get it. he drive Trajet I'll drive Exige. so much smaller.

haha that's smaller but LOUDER!

My boss previously drives a sunny. Then employ me, I drives a Latio. Then now boss bought a Sylphy, tell me downgrade from 1.6 to 1.5....

So, now I got myself an OPC Honda FIT, only 1339cc. Yeah!!!!!!!!

• Praise 1

no no no.. because I don't think I can afford anything bigger than a 7 series..

The most is civic 1.8.. so will never be bigger than boss..

some pple from lower lvl just like to spread rumour saying this and that. U might nv know sakali CPIB come knocking on your door.

Esp Japanese film. If japanese boss drive Lexus den employee next best is a class lower...

nv higher.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

no but tell her that car size is not an issue but whether got the ability to handle longer axle vehicle or not.

No matter what car I would change next, I can't beat the benchmark of one of our operator. She drives a M'sian registered BMW 528i. She drives it to work often somemore so with a example like her, I won't hesitate to limit my choice the next time I buy a car.

Edited by Dh6211
  • Praise 1

When they say boss in this case is meaning the direct superior or the top boss of the company? If Iam the subordinate earning 6-7K a month and my direct superior (boss?) is let's say a GM earning 12-13K but he/she is thrifty and prefers to drive a 1.8 Civic whereas I feel comfortable enuf to drive a 2.0 Mondeo, I think this is pretty normal.

If you mention CPIB is more like the top boss of the company (say income abt 30-40k a month) driving a 7 series and Iam a few rungs below him/her in seniority and yet am driving a car that is even more expensive, then there is a problem here.

If it is the former, I dun see why there shld be any gossip against me or the CPIB coming in. More likely the gossip would be levelled against the 'boss' among colleagues and not me.

And also, if your superior minds so much that you are driving a bigger car than him/her, then there is something wrong with this person's mentality. In the first place, you need to also consider if this person is worth working for. [;)]

same... my direct no drive cos his house juz within walking distance... [laugh]

when i bought a car, there is a bit of hoo-haa here and there but ultimately still ok liao...

Tell your boss during chinese 7th month you need to run getai with lots of changeover costume.laugh.gif and the papaya sister.

↡ Advertisement