Never drive a better car than your boss

Friendstar

Will you purposely buy a car smaller than your boss?  

276 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes. My boss needs "face"
    • No. If I can afford a bigger car, why not?
    • I AM DA BOSS!

No...no point mah.

He pay mi well, so i drive big car, company got face also.

He choose to drive small car, its his way of life.

Oh ya...my boss dun drive...so how???

Edited by Thug

zhuo lang until so kang kor, for what?

want to buy big car buy lor. if want to take care of boss face, then alot of things also cannot buy. like clothes, pants, tie, shoes, pen, glasses, handphone, wallet, watch, whatever...all must buy cheaper than boss meh?

then if boss is like Mr. Bean how? [sweatdrop]

Edited by Ultramega

when i was on poly industrial attachment last year, the boss usually drives a Mondeo 2.5 to work but he also has a X5 (his wife uses it most of the time).

he found out that i drove a 525i and sometimes a 159 (we have our own private parking space and he asked the guard who the car belongs to) and started driving his X5 instead his Mondeo. I don't know if it was done intentionally or just coincidence that he decided to use his X5 for that two months.

anyways, i have never and never will understand this stupid "boss must drive bigger/more expensive car" theory. damn lame...

Edited by Carcraze

Neutral Newbie
anyways, i have never and never will understand this stupid "boss must drive bigger/more expensive car" theory. damn lame...

I think sometime its not really about the boss but the employee driving a bigger car than boss. The boss might think that he is paying too much to his employee. [sweatdrop]

In my ex-ex company, a MNC, our dept boss only drove a 1.3 Korean car while among our engineers some drive MPVs, Evo and other 1.6 Jap cars.

Then in the same company got one lady sales executive, her husband bought an old Mercedes 200E just for her to drive to work because our office building's parking lot is a bit cramp for her E200ML.

In my wife's company, also MNC, one lady drafter drive a BMW530 to office.. while her boss drive an Airwave.

If in local company sure kena marked. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

The boss have to correct the mindset. If he is paying too much, it is too much even without the employee driving a big car. If he is paying the right level of renumeration which commensurate with the employee's experience and credentials, then it is the correct one be it whether he drives a big car or not. A boss cannot start to feel sour or start to have 2nd thoughts abt wat he is paying just becos an employee turns everyday for work in a big car. This is being shortsighted and also petty.

That is why I dun have gd impression of local companies and the mentality of its bosses. Too narrow minded. [:)]

• Praise 1

when i was on poly industrial attachment last year, the boss usually drives a Mondeo 2.5 to work but he also have a X5 (his wife uses it most of the time).

he found out that i drove a 525i and sometimes a 159 (we have our own private parking space and he asked the guard who the car belongs to) and started driving his X5 instead his Mondeo. I don't know if it was done intentionally or just coincidence that he decided to use his X5 for that two months.

I think this is Singaporean, not sure if it's across Asia, mentality or I would rather say "面子问题". Back in 93, I wanted to change my Alfa 33 1.7L QV (same car as my Department Manager while my team manager drives a 1L Charade sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif) to a Alfa 75 2L TS but my colleague keep telling me not to buy a car that is bigger CC than our boss, ended up I didn't buy the AR 75 sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

There was another joke according to my Account Manager (same company as above). It happens to her friend, she comes from a very, very well off family, they have a few cars at home, so one day, she woke up slightly late and her mom took her Honda Civic to supermarket, as there is only one car left in the driveway, she got no choice but to drive it to work as she is running late. After she reach the office, her boss came in and ask her (she was the secretary), "Woh, I didn't know that our company employee can afford a Ferrari", next day she tenders her resignation laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Praise 1

Well my friend used to drives a Porsche Boxster , the boss drive a Corolla then

Now the boss drive a Mark X and my friend driving BMW 6 Series dunno simi model [sweatdrop]

I dunno how the boss feel nia

• Praise 1

my direct boss ride's a motorcycle.... [:p]

Awwww, don't say it until liddat lehhhh [blush]

I ride my motorcycle to work daily mahhhh. While my subordinates some of them drive BMW. [sweatdrop]

They know i don't bother at all who drive big car, who drive small car. All I expect is tip top performance at work.

Maybe they drive BMW and big car, but I have something bigger [sly][lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yalor good performance can already bother so much for what hor?

KNN my friend drives Beh but I tell him my dragon bigger he also Lan Par Par Lan emotlol_2.gif

Turbocharged

My direct boss walks to work. [sweatdrop]

My big boss drives a SLK. So any car I drive also smaller than him. Heng ah. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

So if the big boss dun like to spend on cars, and drives a Kia, the rest of us all can sleep with snakes liao! [:/]

I think it depends on your direct boss... is he the kind who's understanding, or super face-conscious. My big boss is the typical Chinese boss who really particular about not being upstaged, and he's driving a MPV. My direct boss is the understanding kind, and he drives a French car.

Frankly, ask yourself what you want in life. You only live once, so would you want to be sitting in the shadows of a boss who doesn't want you to do better than him?

I'll get my dream ride when I can afford it. My big boss can go scr*w himself if he's not happy about that!

• Praise 1

i will be happy if my kar kia buy more expensive cars.. this basically means i am paying him well enough and he most likely won't look elsewhere.

if really got big boss that so afraid of being upstaged... then I think working for wrong company liao.

all depends how you judge your boss personality & his ego. If your boss is in-secured & yet egoistic, then DON'T. He will come after you for sure,

Yet, I know of a boss income $2million/yr, he lives in Ordard road condo, he doesn't drive at all. Cause no need for him, he walks to Ngee Ann city his office daily! he doesn't care who drives what car to office!

3rd option, if in multi-storey car park, the insecured & ego boss may not know what bigger car you drive. Eg. bugis junction, Ngee Ann city or any others [scholar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1