47% of Americans don't have $400 to cover emergencies

Nostalgia

since 10k household income is the new poor

i guess that would mean millionaires are also the new poor nowadays

:D

Millionaires are the new middle class.

they need to find another term to subtitute actual poor

Don't say too soon. Haha never hear of UOB's YOLO card?

http://uob.com.sg/yolo/?s_cid=sem

card-face.png

Not bad...comes with 4 sets of auspicious 4D numbers....... win liao can pay off the rolled over debts...cause You Only Live Once

↡ Advertisement

These furnitures are near to indestructible and very irobot-friendly. [laugh]  Cannot find them now.

Yes, those old type sofa is simply long-lasting, and you're right that they're irobot-friendly.

My parents bought a (almost similar) set of the sofa (3+1+1) a few years after I was born. My kids were sitting on them before we moved (and got my parents to move in with us) a few years ago. Now the tenants are using them. Another few years, will hit half-century mark.

If don't throw, furniture shop sure no biz. Of course they then decided not to make such sofas anymore lah...

Edited by Atrecord

ah gong eng eng cheng cheng just collected $190,000,000 today ... feel sibei lich !

our angmoh friends got a lot to learn ... muahaahahahaha

Edited by Wt_know

...ehhh...we hab to bollow $400 to cover emergencies...after paying full cash for ewey thing?

[grin]

Please... We everything also loan. Cash is for investment. 400 dollar 10 years loan.

I think for Singaporean, before you decide go shopping for a new set of furniture or on sofa set, check your budget and as a reminder, bring along photo of this famous living room. ^_^

lee-kuan-yew-home-living-room-oxley-road

If I buy base on this. Very expensive. All consider antique now.
  • Praise 1

post-7984-0-74415100-1461122047_thumb.pn

Wow...... :huh:

I didn't know I got that much .... :a-happy:

Hmmmm............ another 100k more as I stay in Toa Payoh. My 5-rooms 140sq/m ... :a-panic:  

that time qing ming go clear grave,stepped on a note.

picked it up i think it was $5 mil :a-happy:

• Praise 2

Now is the era of talk big, ego big. Action small small effort small small.

If we want to adapt and do well, the change must come within instead of trying to change the environment. Every decision create a consequences.

In SG context certainly need to work smart and hard then can enjoy ur fruits.

• Praise 5

i think they forgot to survey their parents ... lol

with the widening wealth gap ... they are also many angmohs with $4M in their pocket

as for spore ... i believe the "middle income" group is extremely wide ... so should be ok-ok

but with no $500k no talk hdb ... $10k household income is the new poor in spore

Rich-Kids-of-Beverly-Hills.jpg

What the article state is really the true state of the economy in the USA.. If you been following through Peter schiff podcast, you will know why Americans land into such bad shape.. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

yes, i follow peter schiff podcast

just google that usa population is 320 millions

obviously, there are plenty of people who has $400 $4000 $400k and $4M

Ok la, not that it was cheap in the past.

The man in the street, the ordinary Singaporean must work harder than before to achieve the Dream.

Many forgotten that for Gru to thrive, there must be minions

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Ok la, not that it was cheap in the past.

The man in the street, the ordinary Singaporean must work harder than before to achieve the Dream.

Many forgotten that for Gru to thrive, there must be minions

• Praise 1

I bet more than 47% of people in Singapore

also don't have $400 for emergencies.

I for one don't have $400 for emergencies.

I would need to go to the atm for the money.

How many people here have $400 on them

for emergencies?

• Praise 4

Generally, the ang moh western world mentality is very different from Asians, when comes to money management.

Ang moh mentality is they spend what they earn, without thinking too much abt saving. Asians tend to think more about saving, then spend the rest.

Angmoh got social security and unemployment benefits, we ownself feed ownself, we need to save more as CPF mostly used for housing.

Some of our youngs are spending like no tomorrow but they forgot we don't have social safety nets, heng many have ownself feed ownself parents to bail them out.

• Praise 1

No choice. Salary always raise faster if the country is still growing. now the country growth hit a platue.. its harder and harder.

And somemore... the newer and younger generation getting more an more entited...

What to do? In part, this is unintended consequence of the economic success which we have enjoyed.

While the older generations had a needful reference point - to strive, to survive, to improve oneself, maciam a national imperative, what is a new worthy long-term cause or vision the present and next generations can look to achieve? Seriously, what is it that Singaporeans can find something worth igniting the fire in their bellies? Not so clear, isn't it? Instead, the ordinary folks are bogged down by short-term issues like rising costs, jobs competition, not being inclusive enuf etc. etc.

As Bro @Mustank had posted, I too am worried for Singapore.

Edited by Toothiewabbit
↡ Advertisement