Full Payment without Loan

MadDog70

Yes the c&c se told me bank will charge penalty 2k for 1 year loan. Am considering to buy kia cerato, honda jazz/city/civic, hyundai elantra. Hence, asking the question. Like some bro said objective is to save on interest but if take a bit loan the cost savings can cover the interest, it's still worth considering.

same here...

are you considering PI?

↡ Advertisement

Yes the c&c se told me bank will charge penalty 2k for 1 year loan. Am considering to buy kia cerato, honda jazz/city/civic, hyundai elantra. Hence, asking the question. Like some bro said objective is to save on interest but if take a bit loan the cost savings can cover the interest, it's still worth considering.

yup, most dealers all v pragmatic ones, tell you straight they earn comm from banks, so if no comm, car price will go up.

you should also ask on what is the min loan amount and period to get their 'best price/deal', and calculate how much is the interest payable if you take loan. Factor in any penalty if you wanna redeem early, then compare whether worth it or not.

• Praise 1

Saw this thread. Anyone can advise without loan, between c&c, kah motor, komoco motors, which one offer the best deal? I.e. no penalty, still give freebies, etc.

For PML...extended warranty, service inclusive and 3M film gone

Full cash payment for RRP no topup ...freebies are ACE dashcam, All weather mat, overtrade depends on model plus welcome gift of $100

I think quite fair cos some AD required topping up RRP plus no freebies at all only basic 3 yr 100k km warranty

same here...

are you considering PI?

I didn't know there is pi for the car models I listed above. What are the benefits of going through pi apart from no fee and normal freebies for no loan? Cause there is a risk of going through pi with deposit lost if it go bust.

I didn't know there is pi for the car models I listed above. What are the benefits of going through pi apart from no fee and normal freebies for no loan? Cause there is a risk of going through pi with deposit lost if it go bust.

If you intend to pay full cash settlement...I recommend you to go AD cos you are covered with the factory warranty plus deposit risk free

PI using normal WS...so if something happens you might face issues with them

Unless the price difference is huge then worth the risk

But don’t forget that if PI WS can’t rectify issue arose then you have to fork out adoption fees to repair at AD

I got a Friend that bought PI benz save 20k but later he regretted:(

Because PI can fix the problems and adoption fee is higher than his initial savings

My 2 cents worth of advice: D

• Praise 1

Penalty of 2k for 1 year loan?

Then what's the minimum loan tenure in order not to incur penalty?

Penalty of 2k for 1 year loan?

Then what's the minimum loan tenure in order not to incur penalty?

I think he is referring to early settlement penalty plus interest

I mean other model such as Honda Fit (PI)

Looking at all Singapore car loan. They charge interest on initial loan principle amount even when ur principle is left with $1.

Eg ;u loan 50k, 2% loa , 6 year loan .on the last month, u probably paid most of the principle and left with $1k loan.

They still charge 2% on 50k on last month.

How come MAS allow this kind of practice.

Looking at all Singapore car loan. They charge interest on initial loan principle amount even when ur principle is left with $1.

Eg ;u loan 50k, 2% loa , 6 year loan .on the last month, u probably paid most of the principle and left with $1k loan.

Thats why full cash settle lor.

Car loans are non principle reducing.

So when the quoted rate is 2.5% , the effective rate is probably twice of that.

No free lunch lah.

Risky loan, more expensive

• Praise 1

I was looking for a replacement car and the PI told me there will be an extra $2k if I were to find my own loan or full cash the car.

The $2k is to make up their loss of rebates from the insurance companies. 

This is rule of 78 - hire purchase rule since long time ago. i think 15 or 20 years ago, bank offers flexible interest rate which based on your outstanding amount. Then this practice is taken away and all bank used rule of 78 for Hire Purchase for car loan.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1